Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

SL is About GP Trust After 2019 R Kelly Controversy

sillynate

Featured Posts

sillynate

hello everyone :pawsup: with the announcement of Stupid Love, I thought this would be a perfect time to share my lyric breakdown of the song. I believe this song has two meanings (three if you count the obvious relationship one I guess)
One is about wanting the GP to not hate her again after the fiasco with R Kelly and the lifetime documentary. The other is just about regaining popularity in general after ARTPOP.

You're the one that I've been waiting for
Gaga had been waiting for more love from the public since ARTPOP and she got it with ASIB 

Gotta quit this crying
Nobody's gonna heal me if I don't open the door

but nobody is going to like her again if she doesn’t address her collaboration with him
011019-music-lady-gaga-mute-r-kelly.jpg

Kinda hard to believe, gotta have faith in me
hard to believe that the public is rollercoastery but she has to keep faith that she’ll still be respected knowing that she is in a better place now 

Freak out, freak out, freak out, freak out (Look at me). 
Everyone is freaking out about her staying silent during his arrest, etc

Look at me now
160229122336-gaga-oscars-super-tease.jpg  

'Cause all I ever wanted was love
All she wants is the world to love each other 

Now it's time to free me from the shame
People were shaming her for the collab, especially with the context of the song and who she made it with. And people were just shaming her for no reason in 2013

I gotta find that peace, is it too late
she herself needs to find peace about DWUW because she probably feels ashamed of herself 

Or could this love protect me from the pain?
Could praise from the public regarding TIHTY help her feel better about the negativity of DWUW?

I would battle for you (Even if I break in two)
This line makes me think of Kesha’s lawsuit with Dr Luke and how after Gaga testified, she cancelled the JWT because her fibromyalgia started to flare up

I want your stupid love, love
she wants your (the public’s) praise for all the good she’s done for abuse survivors. Stop focusing on her stupid mistake she feels bad about it, okay? Also, after being the punching bag of the media in 2013, she wants goodness to come her way (she got it with ASIB)

I don't need a reason (Oh)
Not sorry, I want your stupid love

She doesn’t need a reason for wanting the public to respect her

We got a stupid love, love. 
She got what she wanted
MV5BNmE5ZmE3OGItNTdlNC00YmMxLWEzNjctYzAw 

anyway, that’s my breakdown. It sounded better in my head because tbh when I started making this thread it was only about the R Kelly controversy in 2019 but as I was typing I thought it could also be about wanting the GP to like her again after ARTPOP so now I feel like I need to listen and analyze again but I didn’t want this essay I typed to go to waste so

don’t forget to stream Stupid Love this Friday 

inb4 it has 100% different lyrics

Ladey Gaygay

Girl the song was announced like 5 hours ago how do we already have theories:laughga:

STREAM JUICE BY LIZZO

MaybeKermit
Just now, Ladey Gaygay said:

Girl the song was announced like 5 hours ago how do we already have theories:laughga:

Not that I agree with OP but the most of us already heard the song and know the lyrics :bon:

That being said: it definitely is NOT about anything that deep lol 

Ghost Face
1 minute ago, Ladey Gaygay said:

Don't pretend it hasn't leak ages ago

It's an honor.

dynamite
2 minutes ago, Ladey Gaygay said:

The song has been out for a month :neyde:

Also:

reaching james horner GIF

Decodekid
1 minute ago, Ladey Gaygay said:

it leaked in January :tony:

Im Harol don't tell anyone

Ladey Gaygay
1 minute ago, Funkymonkey said:

Not that I agree with OP but the most of us already heard the song and know the lyrics :bon:

That being said: it definitely is NOT about anything that deep lol 

1 minute ago, DanceDark said:

Don't pretend it hasn't leak ages ago

Just now, dynamite said:

The song has been out for a month :neyde:

Just now, Decodekid said:

it leaked in January :tony:

Not y'all clownin on me:messga:

STREAM JUICE BY LIZZO

messybottom

why is everyone LMAO reacting when it is legit a great theory with great points made. :bradley:

Archived