Overrated music videos?

Notget

Featured Posts

derpmonster
29 minutes ago, Gaga Lazuli said:
  Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Jk

I knew someone was gonna post this the second I came to this thread but that's because this video is so acclaimed.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2School4Cool
52 minutes ago, Notget said:

I honestly don't think many of MJ's videos are all that tbh. Like Thriller was cute but I don't think it's near the best. :oops:

To be fair, Michael’s videos were revolutionary at the time. If you’re not a fan that’s totally fair and I’m not judging that at all, but he really helped issue in a new style of music videos. We might not have the elaborate, storytelling music videos of today without the likes of Thriller, Bad, Smooth Criminal, etc.

See The Best In Everyone

ApplauseftAdele
41 minutes ago, BLACKPINK said:

I'mma say it. How can anyone say Bad Boy by Red Velvet's their best music video, when Peek-A-Boo and Ice Cream Cake's right the **** there?

well for starters, can you name another music video that looks like Bad Boy? Exactly. Peek-A-Boo is honestly pretty good too but definitely not Ice Cream Cake LOL. 

if we’re gonna talk KPOP, in my opinion DDU-DDU isn’t that great, it looks kinda tacky at some parts while every shot in Kill This Love is pure perfection. But compared to other MVs it’s pretty solid

TWICE on hatius
1 hour ago, OooooooO said:

Roar. Come for me as much as you want, but one can never change my mind that video screamed this is Katy Perry and you are watching Disney Chanel. 

Another successful clownery reply :vegas:. I’m on a roll (Miley’s best video since can’t be tamed) tonight. :vegas:

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

voidfigure

Speaking of Gaga:

G.U.Y's high budget visuals are a mixture of ideas and concepts that really don't work well together. The housewives segment is pointless. The fact that they had to shove Venus and Manicure in there (the ARTPOP intro is good, but it could've served only as a teaser of some sort) was an useless surplus: sometimes less is more. Gaga looks stunning in that video tho.

Speaking of other artists:

I think all of Katy Perry's videography is overrated. Some videos are well directed, but the majority of them have those cringey bubblegum concepts that aged like milk. 

Also, Sweet But Psycho: the music video opened the door to all the Gaga comparison but it's really not that weird and looks like a watered down version of a campy teen horror movie 

1 hour ago, Didymus said:

Telephone. It was a mess and I'm glad Gaga agrees.

Wasn't it the song that Gaga is not particularly fond of, and not the video? 

Didymus
1 minute ago, Sam Winchester said:

Wasn't it the song that Gaga is not particularly fond of, and not the video? 

She said the video was a mess because there were way too many ideas. It was her least favorite video talking in 2010. She compared it unfavorably to Alejandro.

This was during a GGD interview, I believe. Gaga's reasons for "disliking" the song itself have to do with behind the scenes stuff only.

10 minutes ago, Didymus said:

She said the video was a mess because there were way too many ideas. It was her least favorite video talking in 2010. She compared it unfavorably to Alejandro.

This was during a GGD interview, I believe. Gaga's reasons for "disliking" the song itself have to do with behind the scenes stuff only.

Sounds legit, thanks :) and I agree with her when comparing with the Alejandro video. 

The Bling

Anything by Joseph Khan feels so excessively groomed, polished and overproduced :emma: I just can't enjoy his work

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

Scarlet Bitch

...Ready for it?

they had so much potential and the end result was just boringly baaaaaadd it fuccin hurts

𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔦𝔰 𝔪𝔶 𝔡𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔯, 𝔦 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔣𝔬𝔯

Red Velvet
1 hour ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

if we’re gonna talk KPOP, in my opinion DDU-DDU isn’t that great, it looks kinda tacky at some parts while every shot in Kill This Love is pure perfection. But compared to other MVs it’s pretty solid

OMG YES. Finally someone who understands me. And let's not talk about Lisa's shorts.

If we are talking about best K-Pop music videos, it's still Haru Haru or Spring Day.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

Andreu
18 minutes ago, Natural Gas said:

...Ready for it?

they had so much potential and the end result was just boringly baaaaaadd it fuccin hurts

trueeee i didnt even remember the existence of this video but I hate when videos have a lot of ressources but then nothing happens and this is the perfect example of this

Archived