Was Gaga's Bowie Tribute Messy or Bad?

eeaarrllaalloo

Was Gaga's Bowie Tribute Messy or Bad  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Was it?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

I think the performance aimed very high but if I recall well it was stormed by some technical problems and the final execution was probably not as polished as they intended it to be. Still an incredible prove of talent from Gaga.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I LOVE GGD
6 hours ago, dynamite said:

The hype was the problem, the performance itself was good.

That's right boo

Reject False Icons

intel hyped the project to the space just look at the teasers they were more impressive than the performance itself 

this one could be the music video of stupid love easily

Alfonso

For many it was the fact that they hyped the performance too much. The tribute obviously wasn't the original plan, so what they were originally advertising wasn't ultimately used for the show (maybe some parts, like the projections and keyboard). I always wondered what the real purpose of the performance was, because unless there was new music coming it didn't make any sense for her to go. However, I liked how the tribute turned out to be, but I think we can all agree that it could've been better executed and longer (because honestly 6 minutes isn't enough, tributes should be at least 10 minutes long) but I also guess that it all came down to poor timing since it was planned so close to the event :emma:

It wasn’t that bad. People just hated it because it was gimmicky. (Even though David Bowie was gimmicky lol)

BYE

the only thing is that Gaga serves each song so well.... They all make me want to hear the full version.... Fame sounds so good.... Of course Space Oddity intro.... Shall never stop. Her voice never sounded that honest, pure and real than on this tribute. I love everything so much except there is no Gaga covers Bowie tour. I love Bowie so much.... And so does she... This is so sad Duncan's been a b$tch 'bout it but on the other hand he might still have been under the sadness of losing his dad, and saw here just a demonstration. But it was true passion. Looking back to it, I still feel emotions. So Even if there is a percentage of mess, it's also a beautiful celebration far from the sad stuff other people did put out when Bowie passed. 

hello hello baby.

FameHookah

She was spazzing so awkwardly, her faces, fillers and bad wig made her look really freaky, it was so messy and rushed.

Her vocals were good tho.

WTF is MDNA

22 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I liked bits of it, like the face projections. But, the whole Intel thing was so hyped and we got.. a moving keyboard :toofunny:

You forgetting the digital makeup or?

MaryJaneHolland
1 hour ago, Rio said:

You forgetting the digital makeup or?

I literally said "the face projections" :poot:

Little Fighter

It's not my favorite performance. She seemed to try too hard to turn herself into him. I get it's a tribute, but girl, Bowie would've wanted you to dress like yourself, not a Party City knockoff of him. 

<3 Little Fighter = Gaga & Xtina stan <3

The performance was way too extra and gimmicky, way too much theatrics distracting us from the most important thing: the music

her body language/gestures/mannerisms was also very awkward, it was almost caricatural, i know it's a tribute, but tribute doesn't mean impersonation, to me it looked like a snl skit 

for example Lorde's tribute at Brits Awards which happened a few days later, was very well received , simply because it was raw and laid-back, if gaga just sang one or two songs with her piano it would have been better 

I think it would've been better if she performed the original idea with intel and then a stripped down bowie tribute later in the show. 

Linus Gaga

For me i think when she pay tribute she should have dress like herself and not cosplaying the singer. (For example in this Bowie tribute and the Elton John tribute. ) I would rather see her playing an acoustic version of the song on the piano than a cosplay performance.

My favorites are You've got a friend, I Wish and if i ever lose my faith in you

Hit me a message and say hi !

Archived