💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How do you feel about HausLabs?

SHALLOW

Featured Posts

SHALLOW
37 minutes ago, Deagan said:

I'm strongly against it. I stan a musician, not a Kardashian.

Guess what? She can like both music and makeup :oops:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the beginning I was really excited because of the message she came with. But as the products started to come it became clear to me that she’s trying to milk us for money. Yes, the products are good but they are all basic make up products. They don’t communicate what Gaga says the brand is all about.

lavenderblondee

I think it's good quality and I appreciate this about her. I LOVE the eyeliner. It will stay on for DAYS if I don't use a makeup wipe to take it off. I am super excited to buy the lipsticks and try the eyeshadow at some point, but I just can't afford $20 for an item that I don't use frequently atm.

Stephen

I’m happy that it makes her happy. But I personally have no interest in it at all.

I guess it’s nice for more photoshoots. 

JANNNNEEEEEEEE

too expensive  and why isnt there products for men does gaga think all men wear make up too lol lo

JesseBabe

I was curious about it when it was announced, but the roll out has left me underwhelmed, and to me it feels like she's trying to cash in on a oversaturated market and not bring anything new (or unique) to the game. I feel like I'm one of the few that actually like the packaging, but I totally understand the criticism she's been receiving a lot of from makeup lovers. It just doesn't seem that genuine and isn't filling a gap in the makeup world or doing anything life changing. I'd never thought I'd use the words "bland and basic" to describe a Gaga product, but it's left me feeling uninspired. 

I'm not saying I'll never buy anything from Haus Labs. I'm interested in the glam attacks and the new lipsticks look cute, but I don't feel the need to go out of my way and purchase them anytime soon :crossed:.

2 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

Guess what? She can like both music and makeup :oops:

It's not about what she likes. I follow and stan her for her being a musician, or, well, an artist, not a make-up seller. 

In fact, it makes her look really pretentious. Anyway, I just think it's shamelessly milking your fans for an extra buck.

SHALLOW
1 hour ago, JANNNNEEEEEEEE said:

too expensive  and why isnt there products for men does gaga think all men wear make up too lol lo

What do you mean for men? Those products are for all gender identities as is any other makeup product from other brands. 

SHALLOW
10 minutes ago, Deagan said:

It's not about what she likes. I follow and stan her for her being a musician, or, well, an artist, not a make-up seller. 

In fact, it makes her look really pretentious. Anyway, I just think it's shamelessly milking your fans for an extra buck.

She’s a makeup artist now :huntyga:

Didymus

It's a bullsh-t project with a terribly self-contradicting promo strategy but I do believe Gaga's genuinely passionate about it so I just let it be and ignore it as best as I can.

I advise a lot of people here to do the same.

MessyTop

I love how the person who started the thread asking us how we felt about Haus Labs is trying to shot down everyone that has a negative opinion. 
why even ask? Why start a thread about it. 
peace 

SHALLOW
24 minutes ago, Didymus said:

It's a bullsh-t project with a terribly self-contradicting promo strategy but I do believe Gaga's genuinely passionate about it so I just let it be and ignore it as best as I can.

I advise a lot of people here to do the same.

Wdym? :ohwell:

SHALLOW
3 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

I love how the person who started the thread asking us how we felt about Haus Labs is trying to shot down everyone that has a negative opinion. 
why even ask? Why start a thread about it. 
peace 

I’m ok with people not liking it. I just want to see more supportive comments tbh and i think people who don’t like it can be way more constructive and respectful. I’m sorry i said you deserved WPs. Maybe you didn’t but maybe you were a little too harsh? 

Didymus
1 minute ago, SHALLOW said:

Wdym? :ohwell:

She literally said that through make-up she realized she was beautiful without make-up. So she's basically selling a self-admittedly useless product to us while still insisting the product has value in and of itself, even though she explicitly claimed this wasn't the case :rip:

This contradiction runs through every statement she makes about the brand. She'll attract people with the "celebrate your own beauty!" slogan and then when people want to know specifics she'll quickly jump on the "this is an innovative new lip liner technique!" train to suddenly convince people it's not really about the message but about the product after all.

Translation: she has no idea herself how the make-up is supposed to generate this self-love or whatever she's blabbering about. And of course she doesn't: she's lying :smh: Make-up never played that big a role in her life. She never once talked about it throughout her whole career. It was always about art and fashion, the end. She saw a business opportunity with Haus Laboratories and deluded herself into thinking she could make money as well as save the world. This is a self-delusion dynamic she's had for several years now. I do believe she genuinely doesn't even realize how toxic this dynamic is, so I don't fault her for it. But it does make for messy career moves :flop:

Archived