Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
politics

RCP: Bernie Surges To First Place Nationally, Biden Plummets


Marilyn MonHoe

Featured Posts

Gagaloo911

Woot woot! 

That Biden collapse basically overnight is insane though lmao

Link to post
Share on other sites

Marilyn MonHoe
9 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Woot woot! 

That Biden collapse basically overnight is insane though lmao

A celebration is needed :vegas:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whispering

Bloomberg is rising overnight and Biden is losing overnight. Even the AA vote has shifted to Bloomberg. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Economy
40 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I saw this morning, is the U.S. catching up to other western countries in ideology? shook.

In healthcare, accessible education (even free post secondary) and idea of diling back military I'd say Bernie is in line with much of the rest of developed world

 

Bernie's Corporate tax ideas, wealth tax ideas, student debt cancellations (so basically debt forgiveness) etc are not that of other Western Nations its actually more left than even Scandinavian Countries

 

I'm not trying to attack Bernie btw (there's many things I do like about Bernie). I'm just saying u can't compare a lot of his policies to pretty much any other developed nation

Link to post
Share on other sites

StarstruckIllusion

That B. Sanders reign just won’t let up

source.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

Economy

Biden didn't plummet isn't he roughly where he was? :huh:

 

Bernie surged but Biden didn't plummet wasn't he already hovering near 20%?

Link to post
Share on other sites

HorusRa2
7 minutes ago, Economy said:

Biden didn't plummet isn't he roughly where he was? :huh:

 

Bernie surged but Biden didn't plummet wasn't he already hovering near 20%?

Biden is currently at his lowest support since the campaign started and has dropped by around 10 points since January whereas Bernie has risen about 4 points in the same time period (albeit he's still about a .5 point away from his highest point back in march 2019, but a half a point is negligible).

 

The benefit for Bernie going forward is that his next best competitor other than Joe is still 10 points down and even if Biden dropped out, Bernie would get some of that vote as well. It won't all go to bloomberg. 

 

Additionally, something I would argue that helps Bernie going forward is also Bloomberg. While Bloomberg is waiting until Super Tuesday, Pete/Amy are splitting the momentum going into NV/SC. There is Tom Steyer which could ruin the scenario I'm setting up for you but considering how much of the good talent that Bloomberg is buying off with his campaign, Pete/Amy may not have sufficient talent pool to choose from as they begin to expand into Super Tuesday states. Bernie is uniquely at the advantage because he's been staffing up in these states since before the past week whereas Amy is just now doing so as she's gotten new cash. What could conceivably happen is if Bernie can win both Nevada and SC, he has the campaign infrastructure, cash and momentum that maybe Bloomberg can't blunt by the time Super Tuesday comes. That said, while Bloomberg is taking up a lot of the older AA support that Biden has had up until now, Bernie is still in double digits of support. If he can build momentum with NV then he could win a plurality of the AA vote in South Carolina. If that were to happen, Bernie's strength with the Latino vote and splitting the black vote in the south with Bloomberg could give Bernie the delegate lead that even Bloomberg won't be able to make up. If Bloomberg blunts the momentum and campaign infrastructure that Amy/Pete can establish for Super Tuesday and if they can't somehow start taking voters of color from somebody, they're campaigns are over after Super Tuesday. Reminder: California voters started voting the day of Iowa, Colorado start early voting either today or in a few days and Super Tuesday includes Texas (lots of delegates and huge latino population). Bernie just spent around 10m on ads in TX, CA and like 8 other Super Tuesday states so there's now some counter programming on the airwaves that can contrast to the ads that Bloomberg has flooded everybody to get the support he has up until now. 

 

I know that's a lot of if this happens and that happens but that's what I'm looking at as we go forward. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Spanish Eyes

Just registered to vote in California. I'm so excited to vote for Bernie on Super Tuesday. 

 

tenor.gif?itemid=7897032

Link to post
Share on other sites

JusKeepBreathin

This poll kinda scares me to think the Joe might still have a shot. He is like the one person I don't think should be running. I actually thought he would be in a low third number nation wide by now. 

When was this poll?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Arturo
26 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

This poll kinda scares me to think the Joe might still have a shot. He is like the one person I don't think should be running. I actually thought he would be in a low third number nation wide by now. 

When was this poll?

RCP averages all polls

Link to post
Share on other sites

Arturo
33 minutes ago, Spanish Eyes said:

Just registered to vote in California. I'm so excited to vote for Bernie on Super Tuesday. 

 

tenor.gif?itemid=7897032

Yes sis we will make sure Bernice takes the biggest delegate prize :heart:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gagaloo911
3 hours ago, Economy said:

Biden didn't plummet isn't he roughly where he was? :huh:

 

Bernie surged but Biden didn't plummet wasn't he already hovering near 20%?

No I don't think so. I believe he's been leading nationally for the last 10 months (unsure of the percentage) and now he's suddenly dropped to under 20%.

Maybe not a drastic plummet, but his support appears to be collapsing. Coming out of NH where he placed fifth place, we will see if that will continue and really prove if it has plummeted. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Princess Stache
On 2/11/2020 at 12:19 PM, HorusRa2 said:

Only the best candidate to unify the Party can come swinging like this. :kiss:

The news can't even admit that he won, what simulation am I in??

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...