💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Lady Gaga Performs ‘Applause’ at the 2013 VMAs

Featured Posts

Ariana Grindr

I honestly didn’t like it the first time I saw it. It had this very “arts and crafts” vibe that I couldn’t look past. Years later I rewatched and I love it. I love most how the audience is so impressed. The last quick change into the Venus look iconic. 9/10 for sure

dynamite
Just now, Ariana Grindr said:

I honestly didn’t like it the first time I saw it. It had this very “arts and crafts” vibe that I couldn’t look past. Years later I rewatched and I love it. I love most how the audience is so impressed. The last quick change into the Venus look iconic. 9/10 for sure

Same, I love the intro but I didn't like the paper cutout-looking backdrop... but it wasn't even meant to be like that, I think her original idea would have been awesome. 

Wet Fire

Lol...the first time I saw it, I was underwhelmed. Fast forward to 2020: It's gold. One of her bests. :kiss:

Lord Temptation

Watching it for the first time, I was struck with a sense of NOT loving it, and at that time I couldn’t figure out why.

The performance itself was flawless, yet in my mind the conception and making of it seemed rushed.

Then when I found out (via lurking on this cult site) that the original plan for the show was to debut Aura as her first single, complete with it’s own epically macabre show that would’ve blown everyone to bits.

So, the show itself is amazing. But bittersweet. FYI the beginning look is not a nun. It is a toilet. She was parodying her career going down the drain. She knew the knives were out.

Didymus

Love the stage. Beautiful design. The rest... :madge:

It's basically just a weird dress-up performance with awkward outfit changes. Her wigs were off the entire time and so were her vocals. That high note at the end was terrible. Overall just not a performance I liked. At that point she became a little repetitive with her "I can transform!!!" narrative. It was too on the nose.

I wish we could see the original performance :giveup:

Smother Em Eh

One of my favorites and one of her most iconic. Too bad it was paid dust by Miley’s performance :awkney:

The original would have been sooo epic though OMG! :pray:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Didymus
20 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

FYI the beginning look is not a nun. It is a toilet. She was parodying her career going down the drain. She knew the knives were out.

Interesting interpretation :ladyhaha: But I'm pretty sure she was supposed to be dressed up as a canvas. Y'know. She's the canvas, we're the artist, that was pretty much a running theme throughout the era. She borrowed the specific look from a performance artist I can't remember now. It was a very savvy artistic reference and cultural statement.

I like your take on it too though :rip:

Archived