music news

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia (April 3)

Spock

Featured Posts

gagzus
20 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

leave

ALBUM_COVER.png

It’s literally not though 💀 like it’s not even good disco music never mind pop music. Love the aesthetic tho

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George
2 minutes ago, gagzus said:

It’s literally not though 💀 like it’s not even good disco music never mind pop music. Love the aesthetic tho

I can't understand why you think that.. I mean you can have your opinion but majority would agree that her music rn is best executed 80s inspired sound there is rn (talking about recent releases).. 

who still has a cassette player lmao like I love the aesthetic and it's collectable but does anyone actually listen to music w the cassettes 

gagzus
3 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I can't understand why you think that.. I mean you can have your opinion but majority would agree that her music rn is best executed 80s inspired sound there is rn (talking about recent releases).. 

Because as someone who is OBSESSED with the disco/dance music of the 70s & 80s it’s just not upto scratch with the actual vibe for me, and plus the whole 80s aesthetic is done to death musically. Taylor’s done it and Gaga’s done it, Carly Rae has even done it and they’ve all done it better than this that’s all really. 

I know gays love nostalgia but none of her singles so far have screamed great quality to me tbh. Maybe she’ll have some deep cuts that will satisfy me but for now her singles are either alright (physical), good-ish fall flat (DSN) or just bad (FN). But all my own opinion ofc.

Regina George
Just now, gagzus said:

Because as someone who is OBSESSED with the disco/dance music of the 70s & 80s it’s just not upto scratch with the actual vibe for me, and plus the whole 80s aesthetic is done to death musically. Taylor’s done it and Gaga’s done it, Carly Rae has even done it and they’ve all done it better than this that’s all really. 

I know gays love nostalgia but none of her singles so far have screamed great quality to me tbh. Maybe she’ll have some deep cuts that will satisfy me but for now her singles are either alright (physical), good-ish fall flat (DSN) or just bad (FN). But all my own opinion ofc.

Ammm I don't remember Gaga doing 80s inspired era.. Taylor and Carly Rae did it only visually.. nothing about their sound was 80s and their visuals were nothing compared to this.. Sorry but that is your subjective opinion. Dua is actually doing whole concept album and the theme is there since the first single unlike what any of those girls you mentioned did.. 

gagzus
5 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Ammm I don't remember Gaga doing 80s inspired era.. Taylor and Carly Rae did it only visually.. nothing about their sound was 80s and their visuals were nothing compared to this.. Sorry but that is your subjective opinion. Dua is actually doing whole concept album and the theme is there since the first single unlike what any of those girls you mentioned did.. 

Born This Way was all 80s sounds and influences- even the album cover was inspired by 80s metal band album sleeves, 1989 was all 80s sounds and all of E•MO•TION and Dedicated are 80s sounds and that’s not subjective it’s factual 💀

Dua’s is cute but the sounds and aesthetics don’t match up for me and it’s not great hence why she’s a third tier pop girl still but she could become second tier if she makes some good music that’s not overdone by every pop girl now.

Regina George
Just now, gagzus said:

Born This Way was all 80s sounds and influences- even the album cover was inspired by 80s metal band album sleeves, 1989 was all 80s sounds and all of E•MO•TION and Dedicated are 80s sounds and that’s not subjective it’s factual 💀

Dua’s is cute but the sounds and aesthetics don’t match up for me and it’s not great hence why she’s a third tier pop girl still but she could become second tier if she makes some good music that’s not overdone by every pop girl now.

I hear more 80s rock influences in BTW than pop/disco tbh and Carly's album was pretty modern sounding with minor 80s sound.. Gaga's and Carly's videos were not 80s influenced at all.. Again Dua is doing everything - sound, look, videos, promo.. everything is 80s & 00s inspired.. She's doing it better than other girls did. 

Let's just agree to disagree.. 

Teal Ambition

Gosh I can't get over how good Physical is :giveup: GETS BETTER WITH EVERY LISTEN 

leggings GIF

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Regina George
3 minutes ago, Teal Ambition said:

Gosh I can't get over how good Physical is :giveup: GETS BETTER WITH EVERY LISTEN 

leggings GIF

She  just stopped the climate change, gave all rights to women and LGBT community, ended poverty and wars by releasing Physical and this album cover.

200.webp

FlopSlurper
3 minutes ago, gagzus said:

hence why she’s a third tier pop girl still but she could become second tier if she makes some good music that’s not overdone by every pop girl now.

You wanna talk about facts but then you go ahead and tell these lies. Don't Start Now is currently the biggest song by a female artist and predicted to enter the top 10 next week. 

BlingNotTheMusic

I LOVE EVERYTHING, DUA SERVED!!!

Except April 3, what? That's so far away...

Archived