opinion

Billie's rise is dangerous to Gaga

Bobbins

Featured Posts

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Franch Toast

Fun fact: there's room for both of them, as well as a whole slew of other artists. 

Also, LG has diversified her career. She's a musician, but she's also an actress, mental health advocate, and makeup queen. 

I don't know Gaga, but I bet she's very happy for Billie. I'm not even a  Billie fan (though I think "Bad Guy" has won me over), but I find her story inspiring. 

She/Her/Hers

InsomniaMonster69

Billie is for generation Z and depressed gays and Gaga is for generation Y and depressed gays. 

So...:oops:

Sneaky Oliver

Why are we even worried about that? Aren’t you guys sure about how powerful Lady Gaga can be?! No one will ever overshadow her. 
The Fame, despite not having all the acclaim Billie got, is still bigger than Where Do We Go

I’m on my Legacy Act era

honestly do you think an 18 year old opposes a threat to a 33 year old oscar winning grammy winning well known pop artist who shook the waters and is on the same level as madonna and beyonce? and im not saying this trying to bring billie down, but.... do you really think gaga bothers with who's "competing" her? she aint no nicki minach ma'am, she secured her bag and she just keeps on winning. she's been through ups and downs, shes been through the lowest of lows and now she is a glamazon bich ready for the runway SIS

tenor.gif?itemid=14079662

crybrowz

Billie won't last. Once Gaga's star power started to fade she fell back on her talent which brought her to the top again. No shade but Billie is not the best vocalist, performer, or songwriter. I'm really not sure why so many people keep going on about how talented she is when her vocals are average at best, her brother writes her songs for her, and her performances consist of her jumping around on a stage. Once people get over her, which is inevitable, I don't know what she could do to reignite interest. I also suspect that her and her brother are gonna have creative differences/he's gonna get sick of her being the one to get all the praise and recognition and they will part ways, which will take a toll on her career. 

Gaga's got nothing to worry about. And besides they are vastly different artists so even if she does end up achieving the same legacy status that Gaga has, they will be remembered for very different things.

15 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Fun fact: there's room for both of them, as well as a whole slew of other artists. 

Also, LG has diversified her career. She's a musician, but she's also an actress, mental health advocate, and makeup queen. 

I don't know Gaga, but I bet she's very happy for Billie. I'm not even a  Billie fan (though I think "Bad Guy" has won me over), but I find her story inspiring. 

I don't even understand why people do threads about such a thing. Nobody is a danger to anyone... 

There's plenty of room to everyone, to do their own thing and entertain the different crowds with their artistic work. 

Galactastica

Why does everything have to be some Mean Girls competition? Let them both make music. It's useless to treat everything like some sort of prom queen competition. Let them both make music. Don't like one of them? Fine, who cares? There are always new artists, Gaga was one at one point in her career, in case you have forgotten, that was largely treated as Billie is treated now. There were artists before her, and there will be artists after her that go the same way. Besides, Gaga changed the game in a lot of ways, paving road for future artists, just like some did for her, just like Billie will do for someone in the future. Stop making it a popularity contest. 

Babylon Dynasty
3 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

Also, Gaga is not going to appeal to Gen Z. 

Y’all need to realize all of us who were teens when Gaga blew up are now in our mid-20’s or older. 

Every generation has their own share of artists that were the most relevant in their teen years or “youth” 

sadly; but I´m from Gen Z and I have some friends that love Gaga too :D.

Strike a pose ❤🧡💛💚💙💜🤎🖤🤍💖

3 hours ago, Bobbins said:

So now that Billie Eilish the biggest popstar in the world winning 5 Grammys (4 in the major categories), and a future Oscar with the Bond song, Interscope will be prioritizing her over Gaga. This is dangerous especially because Billie markets her self with the 'weird' popstar brand and relates the generation Z more than Gaga. 

Bond songs are supposed to be big, anthemic, high vocal tracks. She's already about to ruin what it means to be a Bond song. I'd be surprised if it wins the Oscar. The Oscars are much more respectable and less rigged in their voting system than the GRAMMYs.

27 minutes ago, Adrenaliner said:

Are you seriously comparing Ava Max success to Billie Eilish :huntyga:

No i just mean so say that every time a new pop appears people are scared she take gaga's place and just used ava max as an example because poeple were calling her the New gaga also when will ava finalist release her album its been long overdue now

Tiny Purse

I haven't read through this thread, but this is the moment we either become like Madonna stans and hate the new girl, or welcome her and the idea that multiple women can exist in this field at once. Congrats to Billie! 

3 hours ago, Bobbins said:

She's not. Her talent and power will have longevity. She squashed Ariana Grande's peak like a fly and she'll do the same with everyone else. 

"squashed" :lmao:

Last night on Twitter Trends:

Ariana - 1M tweets
Billie - 650K tweets (many Grammy awards later)

JINNOCIDE
3 hours ago, AllThingsGaga said:

the same old tired female artist vs female artist argument

disguised as "stop this gendered sjw sh!t!!!!" :ladyhaha: ihavetolaugh.gif

STAN RINA SAWAYAMA

• Admin locked this topic

Archived