Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

'Princess Die' Cover Singer is SIGNED!

Antoni

Featured Posts

StuckInMyMind
10 minutes ago, ChazMcKinney said:

Ok so this is WILD.  I haven't been on this site since '13 or '14 and a friend sent me this thread last night 😂 Being back on this site is v surreal.

First off: Tim, thanks for posting this.  I always appreciate you <3  Hopefully y'all dig the music, and if not that's cool too!  It's not everyone's taste so I just appreciate being in the conversation.

Secondly: I know I'm annoying for not having the old songs, but I had sort of a mental snap in 2014 and did legitimately get rid of all the sessions/files for that Aquarius record — literally burned the hard drive.  An attempt at a clean break at that point in my life: I got rid of those files, cut off toxic friends, and left a job all in one week.  Dumb, impulsive, not a great decision, but we've all been 19 and stupid.  So, "Gatsby", "Natural", all that, yes, v gone.  I was always super self conscious about those songs, so it's pretty humbling and cool to see that anybody cared about them.

Thirdly: I haven't been an active gaga fan in a VEEEEEEERY long time, and being called one always has some baggage for me.  Truth be told, I was casually-engaged at best, I was shown Princess Die by a girl I went to high school with and recorded that cover as a time-killer.  9 months later it had a life of its own on here, and suddenly I was getting messages (pretty heated ones, actually?) from LG fans asking me every day to cover more LG songs, or cover Britney songs, etc or telling me my music was **** and no one cared what I was releasing if it wasn't Gaga related.  Which was a bummer?  A bit?  Especially not being a FAN-fan, it actually really deterred me from caring what happened in Gagaworld.  

(That said, my music's still pretty shitty so ignore all this 😅)

What IS cool, is that as a teenager I was blown away specifically by Gaga's 09 VMA performance.  That moment is one that changed my perception of art.  That got me to like pop music for the first time as a teenager.  I may never have that caliber of performance in me, and I am still in AWE of it to this day.  But, if this all goes well, people like the songs yada yada, and I get the platform to make a single kid feel like that?  Gaga did her job.  She was so wicked inspiring.

I'm not planning on logging back in, but this was a fun trip down memory lane.  Y'all rock 🥰

Very well done and congratulations! You’ll be amazing! Stay true to yourself and kick some ass

1 hour ago, ChazMcKinney said:

Ok so this is WILD.  I haven't been on this site since '13 or '14 and a friend sent me this thread last night 😂 Being back on this site is v surreal.

First off: Tim, thanks for posting this.  I always appreciate you <3  Hopefully y'all dig the music, and if not that's cool too!  It's not everyone's taste so I just appreciate being in the conversation.

Secondly: I know I'm annoying for not having the old songs, but I had sort of a mental snap in 2014 and did legitimately get rid of all the sessions/files for that Aquarius record — literally burned the hard drive.  An attempt at a clean break at that point in my life: I got rid of those files, cut off toxic friends, and left a job all in one week.  Dumb, impulsive, not a great decision, but we've all been 19 and stupid.  So, "Gatsby", "Natural", all that, yes, v gone.  I was always super self conscious about those songs, so it's pretty humbling and cool to see that anybody cared about them.

Thirdly: I haven't been an active gaga fan in a VEEEEEEERY long time, and being called one always has some baggage for me.  Truth be told, I was casually-engaged at best, I was shown Princess Die by a girl I went to high school with and recorded that cover as a time-killer.  9 months later it had a life of its own on here, and suddenly I was getting messages (pretty heated ones, actually?) from LG fans asking me every day to cover more LG songs, or cover Britney songs, etc or telling me my music was **** and no one cared what I was releasing if it wasn't Gaga related.  Which was a bummer?  A bit?  Especially not being a FAN-fan, it actually really deterred me from caring what happened in Gagaworld.  

(That said, my music's still pretty shitty so ignore all this 😅)

What IS cool, is that as a teenager I was blown away specifically by Gaga's 09 VMA performance.  That moment is one that changed my perception of art.  That got me to like pop music for the first time as a teenager.  I may never have that caliber of performance in me, and I am still in AWE of it to this day.  But, if this all goes well, people like the songs yada yada, and I get the platform to make a single kid feel like that?  Gaga did her job.  She was so wicked inspiring.

I'm not planning on logging back in, but this was a fun trip down memory lane.  Y'all rock 🥰

You're so welcome! I love the new song. You and Olivia O'Brien have something in common that makes me value your music so much: the topics are real. A lot of your songs have a layer of dealing with mental health symptoms or observing psychology that I relate to hardcore. 

As for your music being shitty, just remember that we are our own worst critics. People clearly love what you've put out, not just casual music fans but industry people, too. I know how hard it can be to take a compliment or value our own work when there's so much else out there to compare it to, but try not to let allow self-esteem impact the value of your work. What matters most is that you're having fun with what you do, enjoying life, and not getting wrapped up in negativity whenever it comes.

Keep doing what you do. I'm going to try to see you in Louisville if my work schedule and finances allow. :)

My name isn't Timmers

homomo

I remember him as Chaz McKinley or something like that.

I loved listening to his Identity EP back in 2013. Parasite was THAT song. And another song that went like “and it still hurts when I think of you...” 

Archived