💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Ceremony: Dolly Parton's Greatest Hits (Part 1)

rumours

Featured Posts

Jolene or I Will Always Love You for the win :woohoo:

툭 êčŒëłŽë©Ž ì–Žêč€ì—†ìŽ ì†ŒëŠŹì§ˆëŸŹì™€

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours

#25: Rockin' Years (w/ Ricky Van Shelton) (1991)

dolly-parton-167176.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Average Score: 7.17

High Score: 10 @Ronk @KatieJudasGaga4

Low Score: 5 @Blue Madonna @Glamourpuss @dllcll

Comments:

@Lois Griffin ~ “This is such a beautiful love song. I understand that "rock of ages" has a biblical meaning but whenever I hear it I can't help but think of the musical and that simultaneously ruins and enhances the song for me.”

Chart Information:

U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles: #1 (20 Weeks on Chart)

U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles (Year End): #29

Canadian RPM Country Tracks: #1

Canadian RPM Country Tracks (Year End): #33

Song Information:

After the release of her successful former studio album “White Limozeen” and a gold-certified Christmas album, Parton’s fourth release on Columbia Records was “Eagle When She Flies”, released in 1991. The lead single from that album is “Rockin’ Years”, which features 90’s country star Ricky Van Shelton. The album peaked at #1 on the Country Album charts and #24 on the Billboard 200, spending 73 and 47 weeks on those charts respectively. “Rockin’ Years” was originally recorded with George Jones in the late 1980s but was shelved prior to the release of the version with Shelton in 1991. This would be Parton’s last #1 till “When I Get Where I’m Going (w/ Brad Paisley)” released in 2006.

Other Nominations (N) and Wins (W) Associated With the “Eagle When She Flies” Era:

Academy of Country Music Awards – Top Vocal Event of 1991 (N)

American Music Awards (1992) – Favorite Country Female (N)

CMT Music Award (1992) – Vocal Collaboration of the Year for “Rockin’ Years” (W)

CMT Music Award (1992) – Music Video of the Year for “Rockin’ Years” (W)

Country Music Association Award (1992) – Vocal Event of the Year for “Rockin’ Years” (N)

Grammy Awards (1992) – Best Country Vocal Collaboration for “Rockin’ Years” (N)

Grammy Awards (1992) – Best Country Song for “Eagle When She Flies” (N)

Nashville Songwriters Association International Award (1991) – “Eagle When She Flies” (W)

da17e5fe54f63f3d8db824bf92057102.953x953

The Song:

Live Performance:

To my knowledge, the song was not performed live much with Parton.

Unreleased Version (till 2008):

Chromatica

Now THAT is unexpected. It's not my favorite song but I do think it's a beautiful song.  

rumours
1 minute ago, Lois Griffin said:

Now THAT is unexpected. It's not my favorite song but I do think think it's a beautiful song.  

I was surprised too!

The early 90s was one of my favorite times for Dolly vocally, so I'm slightly triggered it was so low lol

Chromatica

Rock of Ages is one of her bigger songs on this list. None of them are safe anymore. :messga:

4 minutes ago, rumours said:

#25: Rockin' Years (w/ Ricky Van Shelton) (1991)

dolly-parton-167176.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Average Score: 7.17

High Score: 10 @Ronk @KatieJudasGaga4

Low Score: 5 @Blue Madonna @Glamourpuss @dllcll

Comments:

@Lois Griffin ~ “This is such a beautiful love song. I understand that "rock of ages" has a biblical meaning but whenever I hear it I can't help but think of the musical and that simultaneously ruins and enhances the song for me.”

Chart Information:

U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles: #1 (20 Weeks on Chart)

U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles (Year End): #29

Canadian RPM Country Tracks: #1

Canadian RPM Country Tracks (Year End): #33

Song Information:

After the release of her successful former studio album “White Limozeen” and a gold-certified Christmas album, Parton’s fourth release on Columbia Records was “Eagle When She Flies”, released in 1991. The lead single from that album is “Rockin’ Years”, which features 90’s country star Ricky Van Shelton. The album peaked at #1 on the Country Album charts and #24 on the Billboard 200, spending 73 and 47 weeks on those charts respectively. “Rockin’ Years” was originally recorded with George Jones in the late 1980s but was shelved prior to the release of the version with Shelton in 1991. This would be Parton’s last #1 till “When I Get Where I’m Going (w/ Brad Paisley)” released in 2006.

Other Nominations (N) and Wins (W) Associated With the “Eagle When She Flies” Era:

Academy of Country Music Awards – Top Vocal Event of 1991 (N)

American Music Awards (1992) – Favorite Country Female (N)

CMT Music Award (1992) – Vocal Collaboration of the Year for “Rockin’ Years” (W)

CMT Music Award (1992) – Music Video of the Year for “Rockin’ Years” (W)

Country Music Association Award (1992) – Vocal Event of the Year for “Rockin’ Years” (N)

Grammy Awards (1992) – Best Country Vocal Collaboration for “Rockin’ Years” (N)

Grammy Awards (1992) – Best Country Song for “Eagle When She Flies” (N)

Nashville Songwriters Association International Award (1991) – “Eagle When She Flies” (W)

da17e5fe54f63f3d8db824bf92057102.953x953

The Song:

Live Performance:

To my knowledge, the song was not performed live much with Parton.

Unreleased Version (till 2008):

George and Dolly ... so iconic.

I live outside the space time continuum.

rumours
2 minutes ago, Lois Griffin said:

Rock of Ages is one of her bigger songs on this list. None of them are safe anymore. :messga:

Oh, you'll see... the spread between some songs is <0.01... especially once we get to the Top 20

just breathe GIF by chescaleigh

Archived