Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

The View has some advice for the "Bernie bros"

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, Florin said:

How is it a joke to say that the hosts are on Biden payroll? 

Guess it’s Far Left humor. 

• LMAO 2

TioBernie
1 minute ago, PoshLife said:

Didn't I just say you all find any excuse to relitigate 2016

We know how that book ended - let's move on to the next one.

Answer the question, is she our current president?

• Thanks 1

Gagaloo92
19 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

I believe women when they tell their stories. I'm sure you do as well, when what they're saying doesn't inconvenience you or make your preferred candidate look bad.

I also don't need to defend or justify my political values to you. I have my agenda, and you have yours. It's funny how everyone thinks their agenda is The One True Path and that anyone who disagrees is fear-mongering.

I do believe women. I also believe that politicians politick, and find it pretty convenient that while she's slipping in the polls and Bernie is gaining, on the eve of a debate and just weeks before the first votes occur, this comes out and she decides to make a comment about it eventhough she has "no interest in discussing this meeting."

Do you just accept what people claim at face value and have no capacity to view that in context and with the full picture? 

Pretty interesting though how you continue to ignore and not respond to everything else I mentioned, and that such a statement by Bernie flies in the face of his entire past and character. 

It's quite simple, really. Is it more likely someone would say something that contradicts everything they've previously both said AND shown? Or, is it more likely that someone will take a story that's good for them politically and mislead about it? 

But I suppose for you, as someone who detests Sanders and his supporters, you'd rather choose to ignore his past and history, and instead accept at face value what the media tells you and a statement from a politician who's incentivized to use a story for their own political gain. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Curunir
6 minutes ago, Florin said:

So instead of accusing some people of something you dont have any proof of, maybe say where they are wrong, especially since their record shows that they have been hard with many candidates. 

Do you not see the irony in this? :air:

Spoiler

That's exactly what they're doing to Bernie and that is where they are wrong :air::air::air:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Gov Hooka
5 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

You called The View hosts "buffoons" without actually listening to what they said. I'd call that name-calling, and it's an especially bad look given that it's women talking about sexism. They're allowed to have opinions, even if you disagree with them. That's a concept I'm learning many Leftists have a very hard time with.

Warren misled us about her heritage, but it was based on a long family history (or... story, at any rate) and I don't think for a second that she made it up herself or that she had bad intentions with it. She's not exactly Rachel Dolezal.

Time trying to get you to change your mind about Joe Biden is time wasted. I'm sure you agree you're not feeling open-minded about the former vice president. But I think it's worthwhile pointing out when people are being particularly unfair about him or another candidate I like, especially given how many people read through these threads even if they don't participate.

Your comment was trying to paint me as someone resorting to far right ad hominems against Warren which I did not do and won't do because I initially supported her and still somewhat admire her. As far as The View hosts go, I stand by comments. The show is a tragic mess and the amount of inconsistency in their arguments especially in the days of Elisabeth Hasselbeck :lmao: have colored my opinion on their show. Warren has mislead us before which is exactly why I'm inclined to believe she is misleading us now. Her statement and Bernie's are at odds and I'm going to believe Bernie's over hers, given his record. No that does not make me some sexist Bernie Bro. Warren even backtracked on the nature of those comments in her own statement compared to what was initially stated by her staffers in the CNN article. It seems that frequently your comments against progressive users here are illuminated by your opinions of those select Bernie supporters' actions against the Clinton supporters that you mentioned in a different post. I would suggest you understand that just like how not all trash Gaga twitter monsters represent her fanbase at large, many Bernie supporters (now that his base has become VERY diverse) are not these "Bernie bros." 

• Like 4

PoshLife
1 minute ago, MrG1087 said:

@Gagaloo92 @PoshLife

Do you two need to get involved in politics and run for office? Why do I get the feeling that this is something you’d both do really well in...

I don't want to say too much about my career, but I've worked in politics and in government and I know I'm really not interested in running for office :laughga: 

And I apologize if my response to you earlier was harsh, it really wasn't supposed to be since your question was with kindness and I was trying to send that kindness back to you. I usually use words like "liberal" "far left" "leftist" etc as short-hand because it seems to include everyone who's on the far-left of the political spectrum, and I figure liberal people probably wear that badge with pride. And yes I use Bernie Bros because I think it's funny :laughga: I know not every Sanders supporter is a white guy, just like I'm sure everyone knows that people who like Biden aren't all old (I'm under 30!). It's just so much faster to type than "people who support Sanders" or what have you, especially since evidently I'm required to respond to everyone personally :giggle: 

creek creek butter cartman yaoi kyle creek creek
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Florin
Just now, Curunir said:

Do you not see the irony in this? :air:

Reveal hidden contents

That's exactly what they're doing to Bernie and that is where they are wrong :air::air::air:

Of course I understood it's an exageration, but it's the same exagerration that the progressives or fox news use to say "cnn is sold to hillary" and other things like that.

Sorry, but I dont have in  common the same " sense of humor or irony" that Trump and fox news share. :excuseu:

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Florin
7 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Guess it’s Far Left humor. 

It sounds like far right humor. :ladyhaha:

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

PoshLife
8 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

I do believe women. I also believe that politicians politick, and find it pretty convenient that while she's slipping in the polls and Bernie is gaining, on the eve of a debate and just weeks before the first votes occur, this comes out and she decides to make a comment about it eventhough she has "no interest in discussing this meeting."

Do you just accept what people claim at face value and have no capacity to view that in context and with the full picture? 

Pretty interesting though how you continue to ignore and not respond to everything else I mentioned, and that such a statement by Bernie flies in the face of his entire past and character. 

It's quite simple, really. Is it more likely someone would say something that contradicts everything they've previously both said AND shown? Or, is it more likely that someone will take a story that's good for them politically and mislead about it? 

But I suppose for you, as someone who detests Sanders and his supporters, you'd rather choose to ignore his past and history, and instead accept at face value what the media tells you and a statement from a politician who's incentivized to use a story for their own political gain. 

I've been saying all day, in multiple threads, that this needs to be the very first topic the moderators ask about so that we can hear both candidates go on record to address what did or didn't happen.

I did address his history and character in my response to you - with appreciation, in fact. You can read it here. I don't detest Sanders, but based on how many times you've now misrepresented my own words to me, I'm sure as heck starting to detest you. And you certainly don't help prove Gov Hooka's point about most Sanders supporters being reasonable people when you outright ignore what I said to you (and then accuse me of doing the very same).

Edited by PoshLife
creek creek butter cartman yaoi kyle creek creek
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Morphine Prince

Kind of off topic but the term "Bernie Bro" infuriates me. It's borderline racist and sexist. First of all, idk who came up with the term but the way it is used is very denigrating to all of us who don't fit into the characterization pushed by that term. 

We are not all white, sexist men. The term erases all the POC and women who truly support Senator Sanders and his progressive ideals he's consistently pushed for during his time in Congress. 

Furthermore, we tell people not to use it and they continue to do so to fit their narrative that everyone who is a leftist and progressive is somehow always sexist and irrational.

• Like 3
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 5

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, Florin said:

It sounds like far right humor. :ladyhaha:

Nah ,that's more in your center-right lane I'd say. 

• Thanks 1

TioBernie
3 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Kind of off topic but the term "Bernie Bro" infuriates me. It's borderline racist and sexist. First of all, idk who came up with the term but the way it is used is very denigrating to all of us who don't fit into the characterization pushed by that term. 

We are not all white, sexist men. The term erases all the POC and women who truly support Senator Sanders and his progressive ideals he's consistently pushed for during his time in Congress. 

Furthermore, we tell people not to use it and they continue to do so to fit their narrative that everyone who is a leftist and progressive is somehow always sexist and irrational.

Exactly. This is why I personally believe these centrists are as problematic as conservatives. But no one is ready to have that conversation... It pisses me off as a Latino voter myself. We are a joke to both sides.

Edited by TioBernie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

joannesrats
3 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

It's used because it's alliterative :ladyhaha: 

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

joannesrats
17 minutes ago, TioBernie said:

Is she our current president?

No, but she won the popular vote. She won the American public. That isn't negotiable. 

• LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1