🚨 Watch the video for 911 🚨

Sign in to follow this  
science

Ocean temperatures hit record high as rate of heating accelerates

Mister G
58 minutes ago, Economy said:

I haven't bought a house cuz the housing market is expensive AF and housing costs alone make having kids unaffordable cuz there's not much left

I don't think global warming has anything to do with most people's decision to buy or not buy a house :huh:

The younger generation is mostly plagued with income inequality. Truly big impacts in people's lives from climate change especially in the developed world haven't been significantly felt yet... In a couple more decades probably when food becomes expensive AF tho :deadbanana:

It’ll create more instability and a higher likelihood of more wars breaking out as everyone fights to control whatever resources are left.

• Like 1

Economy
2 minutes ago, MrG1087 said:

It’ll create more instability and a higher likelihood of more wars breaking out as everyone fights to control whatever resources are left.

I know I'm not disputing that

I was talking about household formation up until now. I don't think it has affected that to the degree implied in the comment for that specific reason

Maybe in the future it will but. Up until now I think student debt, income inequality and high housing costs are the main reason this generation is buying less homes or having kids. I don't think global warming would be the main reason

It's economic effects in most of the developed world so far are still much less than those other things. 

It may change but I mean up until now

Mister G
Just now, Economy said:

I know I'm not disputing that

I was talking about household formation up until now. I don't think it has affected that to the degree implied in the comment for that specific reason

Maybe in the future it will but. Up until now I think student debt, income inequality and high housing costs are the main reason this generation is buying less homes or having kids. I don't think global warming would be the main reason

It's economic effects in most of the developed world so far are still much less than those other things. 

It may change but I mean up until now

I wasn’t disputing anything you said. I was just throwing that out there.

• Like 1

21st Century Karen
1 minute ago, MonSwiftAnton said:

It almost over. Finally :kara:

Not almost. It can happen faster, than we expect, but not that fast. :green:

imnotyourbabe10
11 hours ago, Economy said:

I don't think global warming has anything to do with most people's decision to buy or not buy a house 

I agree -- I was just overwhelmed and conflating all the "bad" stuff going on right now. :saladga:

• Like 1

Gov Hooka

this is going to be disastrous for coral reefs around the world :/ 

Hades

The ship is shinking. Wbk. :enigma: