Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Taylor Swift to receive 2020 GLAAD Vanguard Award

GAGAVENUS

Featured Posts

Spock

LGBTQ icon :applause:

5 minutes ago, Bio said:

For releasing one video with drag queens?

for featuring LGBTQ people in her video and performance, sharing the credit with them, giving them exposure, getting the Equality Act petition to over 500k signatures, giving the petition national and worldwide attention, getting the White House to respond and driving GLAAD donations

3 minutes ago, GAGAVENUS said:

okay and? the comparison makes no sense, that was another artist almost 10 years ago

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crisTEAne
Just now, GAGAVENUS said:

I think that's a sad definition of allyship cuz I think u can still be a fierce ally even if u identify as queer

i don't disagree.

Just now, gagaschickens said:

:awkney:

:enigma:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Mister G
1 minute ago, DelusionalGaga said:

TS: "why are u mad when you could be GLAAD hihi"

GLAAD: giphy.gif

OMG SO THAT’S HOW SHE GOT IN WITH THEM! :ladyhaha:

crisTEAne
2 minutes ago, Spock said:

for featuring LGBTQ people in her video and performance, sharing the credit with them, giving them exposure, getting the Equality Act petition to over 500k signatures, giving the petition national and worldwide attention, getting the White House to respond and driving GLAAD donations

source.gif

Ally Campana
2 minutes ago, Spock said:

LGBTQ icon :applause:

okay and? the comparison makes no sense, that was another artist almost 10 years ago

I love Tay. But seriously sis? If it was like LGBT+ Ally of The Year it’s understandable but this is a VANGUARD Award. It doesn’t fit because she openly supported our community only since last year. The shoe doesn’t fit.

Does it matter? Damage is done

crisTEAne
Just now, DelusionalGaga said:

@crisTEAne I just want you to know that my comment isn't meant to be positive :wtfga:

blocked

source.gif

Daylight Jokers
13 minutes ago, crisTEAne said:

the recipient has to identity as non-lgbtq+. that's why gagz can't get it, imo.

The GLAAD Vanguard Award is a special GLAAD Media Award presented annually by the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation at the GLAAD Media Awards ceremony held in Los Angeles. It is presented to a member of the entertainment community who does not identify as LGBT but who has made a significant difference in promoting equal rights for LGBT people. 

It's a bit weird that only straights get to have an award that's about promoting LGBTQ+ rights tbh. Do they have other awards for celebrity LGBTQ+  advocates though? Because if they don't, mess.

crisTEAne
Just now, LGs LM said:

It's a bit weird that only straights get to have an award that's about promoting LGBTQ+ rights tbh. Do they have other awards for celebrity LGBTQ+  advocates though?

idk, i literally just googled it because i wanted to know whether gagz already had it, and if not, why. 

Spock
5 minutes ago, Ally Campana said:

I love Tay. But seriously sis? If it was like LGBT+ Ally of The Year it’s understandable but this is a VANGUARD Award. It doesn’t fit because she openly supported our community only since last year. The shoe doesn’t fit.

but that's literally what it  is as Beyonce got it last year, Britney in 2018 etc. Taylor has been the most vocal this past year

and she hasn't been openly supporting the community only since only last year but okay

who will love me when the night is over

FlopSlurper
30 minutes ago, Bio said:

For releasing one video with drag queens?

notchu notchu for the 3423424th time

crisTEAne
Just now, FlopSlurper said:

notchu notchu for the 3423424th time

i love how pressed tay makes ppl

original.gif

Ryusei

Yeah let's just hate on someone who supports "us" (which i guess is most of us) and do what stan gays are trained to do, tear her down because there are others who deserve it more blabla. 

Like, be greatful that celebrities are openly supporting the LGBTQ+ community, we have bigger fish to fry than to hate on someone getting an award. + knowing Taylor she won't stop here, she always supports causes dear to her and sticks with them. 

Hating on her for receiving this is just pathetic.

Musery

Archived