Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Ricky Gervais Golden Globes Monologue

weed

Featured Posts

SEANGT

a little forced but okay. it's weird for a monologue like this to clearly be written and rehearsed. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actors shouldn't talk about politics, they're not qualified, we all know they're propaganda puppets, I'm glad somebody said it!

Queen Bitch

What he said needed to be said. They're all a bunch of hypocrites. They're all so arrogant too. When he hosted the Golden Globes in 2016, he said: "no one cares about this award as much as you do", and it's true. Award shows like this, are just rich privileged people giving each other awards, and then trying to be woke and lecture the world, in order for it to seem more important than it really is. Because it literally is not important at all. All awards are meaningless and irrelevant. I said what I said. 

Ricky Gervais is not a Hollywood celebrity. He is the not the same as them. So he is not a hypocrite for saying what he said. 

Curunir
11 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

I just found out that he said this as his last joke... 

Returning to the stage after a lengthy absence, Gervais said: “Our next presenter starred in Netflix’s Bird Box, a movie where people survive by acting like they don’t see a thing – sort of like working for Harvey Weinstein.”

:air:

"You did it, I didn't, you did it! Shut the f*ck up!" :air:

I'm weak :deadbanana:

And Meryl Streep was in that crowd :deadbanana::deadbanana::deadbanana:

insight
16 hours ago, weed said:

Stan twitter would go wild

Good! The whole stan culture is fickle AF. I want less political correctness and more blunt scolding.

Ironically he’s the “snowflake” who name-searches himself and can’t take a joke or little criticism :bradley:

FreePalestine

15 hours ago, Adakam said:

The speech was perfectly designed to be edgy, and to go viral, without achieving anything good, no celeb is going to lose a single dime because of it. It just circled around the issues.

What did u expect a Golden Globes speech to do? It's like he was in the United Nations giving a speech. He said it in the beginning "lets have jokes at your expense". It ends here. The goal wasn't to achieve much, and I don't think it  can achieve anything, they are just celebs having a laugh. I don't understand the anger :oprah:

Queen Bitch
4 minutes ago, lego said:

Ironically he’s the “snowflake” who name-searches himself and can’t take a joke or little criticism :bradley:

Or maybe he, like most other celebrities, gets constant hate and criticism, and are just tired of it? :ohwell: Also nothing he said was wrong, and he is far from being a snowflake, so yeah... keep trying:oops:

Just now, August3 said:

Or maybe he, like most other celebrities, gets constant hate and criticism, and are just tired of it? :ohwell: Also nothing he said was wrong, and he is far from being a snowflake, so yeah... keep trying:oops:

Those tweets are not hate. And name searching to block every little negative tweet is definition of thin skinned, too sensitive comedian. But keep defending the hypocrite. :kiss:

FreePalestine

Queen Bitch
6 minutes ago, lego said:

Those tweets are not hate. And name searching to block every little negative tweet is definition of thin skinned, too sensitive comedian. But keep defending the hypocrite. :kiss:

I said hate and criticism. Obviously it's not hate. I'm not defending any hypocrite:kiss:

11 minutes ago, August3 said:

I said hate and criticism. Obviously it's not hate. I'm not defending any hypocrite:kiss:

You just did twice. 

Anyway, hope he sees this bro. 👍

FreePalestine

Queen Bitch
19 minutes ago, lego said:

You just did twice. 

Anyway, hope he sees this bro. 👍

Nope, because he's not a hypocrite. But whatever.

StrawberryBlond

It's not like I thought all his jokes were funny and I've never been his biggest fan but he made more than a few good points. It's clear we've become bored of celebrities lecturing us about how to live our lives. They should really stop doing it. They're being called out for being hypocrites but don't do anything to change it. We've become bored of hearing their speeches that stand for a bigger cause because nothing really changes afterwards. They've become white noise to us. If they want to be political, I'd rather they did it outwith acceptance speeches, that stuff has very little place there. We want awards shows to be escapism and about the actual movies, not politics. An awards show, of all things, should be an apolitical experience that everyone can watch and enjoy.

2 hours ago, kyanewest said:

What did u expect a Golden Globes speech to do? It's like he was in the United Nations giving a speech. He said it in the beginning "lets have jokes at your expense". It ends here. The goal wasn't to achieve much, and I don't think it  can achieve anything, they are just celebs having a laugh. I don't understand the anger :oprah:

lol the anger isnt towards the speech, its towards people acting like it was some sort of epic thing where he "burned" or "ended" careers.

Archived