What did Mr S say? 

gay engineer

ArtGagaPop
35 minutes ago, _Scheisse said:

LGN doesn’t know ****, pay no mind.

Mr. S is right. 

Do you know something that we don't? :green:

2 hours ago, Sam98 said:

Ok but has anyone sorted out if Thursday releases are actually strategic? Why have they become so common with Interscope?

Did the last couple of hits have stronger streamings on the second day?

Someone explained it someday

Someone actually did explain the thursday release strategy and it was something along the lines that new songs get streams on thursday which makes them higher on friday’s streaming playlists or something. if the user sees this re explain it again please :air: we’ll pin it somewhere 

La Rosalia
On 2/4/2020 at 6:46 AM, _Scheisse said:

Statistically and for streaming, a release on Thursday for an artist like lady Gaga is a great idea. 

When an artist is as big as Gaga and has an established fan base, the users stream the song directly by searching it and adding it to their playlists/library. 

By Friday, this “library streams” will be high already because their fans had a day to save the song. And on Friday the locals across the world  will discover it on their new music Friday playlists. So the streams she’ll get on Friday this way maybe will be more than what she would normally get on Friday. I know this may not make a lot of sense, but please trust me on this one lol I’ve seen it waaay to many times and this is basically my day to day job.

The only place she’s probably gonna lose some points is on iTunes for the HOT100, but streaming will actually be good. 

Here you have

Arturo

I didnt know that was the reason behind the Thursday release (I thought it had to do with maximizing airplay) but it’s really genius if you think of it. Do we really think a multi-millionaire dollar label like Interscope would employ that method if it didnt maximize song’s streams in the past? Notice “smaller” artists still stick to Friday releases;

Meghan, Kesha, Halsey etc.

Artists with more rabid and royal fanbases: The Weeknd/Selena/Billie have been following this strategy because it does in fact maximize their debuts

Also before someone brings up NTD, everything i wanted debuted in the top 10 with this strategy because it had airplay. NTD had <1 pt in airplay.

Hope someone relays Scheisse’s post and this post to the Gaga base in ATRL

GagaOhhLaLa

Y’all got me so hyped now every time I hear a damn ding  I run to my phone and it is nothing. :flop:

I don’t want to believe it is cominh

Arturo

The bigger and more established the artist is on STREAMING, the more they push it back in the week to get a blowout in Friday streams

The Weeknd: Tuesday night

Selena: Wednesday night

Billie/Gaga: Thursday night

Universal, their mind it amazes me.

Thrasher

Thursday release is ok (Wednesday would be more annoying). Shallow got it as well. Don’t know why people tend to complain and make a big deal out of it. 

“Come over, when you’re sober”

• Admin locked and unpinned this topic

Archived