GreenDiamond
1 hour ago, corvus albus said:

rip rnb should be queen

although I love the song, this is definitely a shameless payola

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Can we talk about credit cards again it was funnier and less depressive :triggered:

i have a credit card but i forgot the pin :icega:  I saved the old pin and threw the new one

Supersonic
11 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Uh so... BTS kind of broke the Korean charts. They sold so many albums on the second day of availability that everybody lost track in the industry for the time being. Predicitions go that it has so far sold 7 million copies in Korea alone after two days.

11 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Yes they do. They have Hanteo (which does real time update, but only of 75% of all retailers in Korea, similar to HDD) and they have Gaon (which releases monthly album sales numbers). Gaon has realtime chart, that's only for physical retailers (like CD shops) that also releases real-time numbers. According to that chart, the album so far has sold 7,1 million copies pure after two days (excluding online retail).

Nobody knows whether it's a glitch or real. But Hanteo did not release numbers for BTS as of today because they lost track over the albums sales.

Update on this: Gaon (South Korea's chart) just made a statment that yesterday was a glitch and many of the reports they received were actually duplicates because their internal data collecting system had a bug. They fitered duplicate information out and 7 million copies sold on second day shrunk to 674k on second day.

corvus albus
14 minutes ago, GreenDiamond said:

rip rnb should be queen

although I love the song, this is definitely a shameless payola

Back then the charts worked differently. Songs could only place on the charts if they were official released as single and songs by big names were usually released as singles when they already were big on the radio. Sometimes they didn't even release a physical single and just let them be a radio single. Janet Jackson had tons of songs only released to radio for example. 

little legend

I have seen that BTS sold 9m on South Korea in just 2 days :omg:

So that means that they broke Adele's record? :shocked:

Edit :Just read that it was a glitch :classy:

corvus albus
7 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Update on this: Gaon (South Korea's chart) just made a statment that yesterday was a glitch and many of the reports they received were actually duplicates because their internal data collecting system had a bug. They fitered duplicate information out and 7 million copies sold on second day shrunk to 674k on second day.

It would've been really suspicious if the first number had been true :huntyga:

corvus albus
2 minutes ago, little legend said:

I have seen that BTS sold 9m on South Korea in just 2 days :omg:

So that means that they broke Adele's record? :shocked:

10 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

It's fake news

PS.: this is for littlelegend. Supersonic is obviously right 

Ally Campana

What’s the total sales update for BTS though? Is there a possibility of them surpassing ADELE?

Does it matter? Damage is done

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Ally Campana said:

What’s the total sales update for BTS though? Is there a possibility of them surpassing ADELE?

Korea: 3,3 million (2 days of sales)
USA: 300k (full week HDD prediction)

Adele's record: 5,7M first week

I doubt they'll break it, most of their fandom has already bought the album in Korea, the numbers will hardly increase. They'll push 4 million at max in Korea.

Ally Campana
22 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

Ma'am these essays in the past 4 pages. Posts over 2 lines shouldn't exist.

Old age, tired eyes I guess. :oops:

Ally Campana
1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

Korea: 3,3 million (2 days of sales)
USA: 300k (full week HDD prediction)

What about the rest though? Apart from Korea and USA? 

Supersonic
Just now, Ally Campana said:

What about the rest though? Apart from Korea and USA? 

I think they'll do negligible numbers aside from the USA and Korea. I thought they would also do numbers in Japan, but their album is not within the Top 30 of Oricon as far as I can see.

• Admin locked and unpinned this topic

Archived