opinion

Rate the last album you listened to

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

220px-BasedonaTRUStory.jpg

2 Chainz- Based on a T.R.U. Story

Rating: 5/10

Simply comical. 2 Chainz bathes us with his portentous and maladroit lyrics that even a 3rd grader could write during a boring Tuesday afternoon in class. Here's a few of the laughable lyrics from the man himself: "I ask em what's for goody if you are what you eat but I am not a ***","My girl got a big purse with a purse in it/ And her *** so clean I can go to church in it!" "Mr. Telephone man, there's something wrong with my line/ When I call my baby's number, I get a click every time... In my foreign car, got the trunk by the engine/ So when I back back, I'm fronting on you niggas." However, I have to admit that I did find myself enjoying the album, despite the terrible lyrics. My guilty pleasure.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

misanthrope

Unapologetic:

Phresh Out the Runway - 2/5

Ehh...it's not my favorite. A little overproduced a.k.a noisy. But I liked it more than I thought I would when I first heard the snippet.

Diamonds - 1/5

Dullsville. I get where she was going with it but I thought it was a weak attempt to make a supposedly "uplifting" ballad. Why its so successful is beyond me. Plus her vocals are odd for this track in my opinion, they don't match the mood or the beat.

Numb - 5/5

I know everyone hates it because its so repetitive but I love the mood the beat creates. I hate Eminem but I didn't mind his feature at all because I enjoy the beat that much. I don't even find the repetition that annoying honestly, almost every Rihanna track contains intense repetition anyway. Think about that lol

Pour It Up - 3/5

It's alright. I'm not going to be blasting this on repeat all week but I like it.

Loveeeee Song - 2/5

Really slow tempo R&B ballad. Not my thing but i'm not gonna discriminate.

Jump - 4/5

Dope.

Right Now - 0/5

Absolutely despise it. Typical generic David Guetta track that we've been hearing for the past 2 years. In my opinion its total filler, but its destined to be a smash hit on both radio and with Top 40 music consumers. I think its a piece of **** personally. I swear to God i've heard this exact track about 1000 times at every gay club ive been to in the past year and a half. Plus it sounds like something off of Roman Reloaded which is not a good thing whatsoever. OVER IT.

What Now - 3/5

I like it. The chorus gets sort of irritating because shes screaming at me.

Stay - 5/5

Perfection.

Nobody's Business - 4/5

I was prepared to hate it for obvious reasons and also because I never liked Chris Brown's music anyway, even pre-beating. But its undeniably infectious and is reminiscent of old school jams. Love it.

Love Without Tragedy/Mother Mary - 5/5

Perfection.

Get It Over With - 5/5

Perfection.

No Love Allowed - 5/5

For Rihanna this is lyrically great. I like the mood of the song as well.

Lost In Paradise - 2/5

It's like 5 really great tracks and then this. Meh.

Half of Me - 2/5

Her voice is good on this track, the subject matter is personal which I like, but the theme of this song reminds me of the theme of Question Existing and I much prefer that track. This ones just okay.

Rihanna's appeal for me derives from the fact that shes cool. Yeah she may not be the most substantial artist, no her voice and performance level is not top notch, but theres something charismatic about her image. It seems natural. She doesn't disguise herself as this self indulgent tumblr-esque hipster thats incredibly derivative. Shes cool and she makes fun pop music. Enough said.

Overall I give the album a 4/5.

Edited by leviticus

Rihanna-Unapologetic.jpg

Unapologetic by Rihanna

Rating: 10/10

My new favorite Rihanna album :worship: . I love how she added more R&B and hip-hop and her voice never sounded better. :golfclap:

+ Love Without Tragedy/Mother Mary is a masterpiece :legend:

Dangerous Man

LOTUS by Xtina Aguilera

9/10 for me... her amazing vocals make me like whatever album she'll release and I guess she met my expectations except Circles. So annoying.. rest are good. Just A Fool and Sing for me are my fav. tracks..

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Unapologetic.jpg

Rihanna - Unapologetic

Rating: 7/10

Her voice is stronger and more prominent than any of her previous releases, but Unapologetic is weighed down by generic hip-hop beats, bland lyrics, and too much repetition. Her collaboration with Chris Brown on "Nobody's Business" features a pleasant throwback beat, but fails to properly utilize the subject matter given the opportunity to set the record straight on their controversial relationship. Eminem provides a surprisingly short verse on "Numb" in comparison to the amount of wide open space occupied by the repeated line, "I'm going numb." Both collaborations were uninspired choices as Rihanna has collaborated with both artists several times prior to Unapologetic on better material (Love the Way You Lie, Birthday Cake).

While Rihanna is widely-known for her string of dance hits, on Unapologetic, she truly shines on the album's softer side - particularly with the tracks "Love Without Tragedy/Mother Mary" and "Diamonds." Perhaps it's just a breath of fresh air to finally hear the emotion in her voice and allow us to remember there is a living, breathing superstar behind the machine. "Mister Jesus, I'd love to be your queen / But I'm from the left side of an island / Never thought this many people would even know my name."

Overall, the album is good when it (like much of Rihanna's catalog) deserved to be great. Unapologetic bears an expiration date, but given the handful of gems, I suppose it's forgivable.

Best Tracks: Love Without Tragedy/Mother Mary, Diamonds, Jump

Edited by Deacon

Gossamer - Passion Pit

7/10

Not as good as their debut album, Manners. I would buy Manners but I wouldn't buy Gossamer. I didn't really like the direction they took with album. My fav track and the track that stands out the most is "Take a Walk".

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Lion Heart

220px-Swans_The_Seer_album.jpg

Swan- The Seer

Rating: 9.5/10

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

220px-BasedonaTRUStory.jpg

2 Chainz- Based on a T.R.U. Story

Rating: 5/10

Simply comical. 2 Chainz bathes us with his portentous and maladroit lyrics that even a 3rd grader could write during a boring Tuesday afternoon in class. Here's a few of the laughable lyrics from the man himself: "I ask em what's for goody if you are what you eat but I am not a ***","My girl got a big purse with a purse in it/ And her *** so clean I can go to church in it!" "Mr. Telephone man, there's something wrong with my line/ When I call my baby's number, I get a click every time... In my foreign car, got the trunk by the engine/ So when I back back, I'm fronting on you niggas." Sigh. Is he even trying?

HAHAHA!! Shame on you for listening to that XD

Unapologetic - 5/10

Jump is the first song from her I've really liked since Rude Boy, but the rest of the album is just not good. Obviously thrown together for the tour without any specific theme in mind. This album is just a collection of random, lackluster tracks I have no interest in ever listening to again.

Unapologetic.jpg

8/10

The Urban vibe of the album fits Rihanna's voice perfectly. It's a solid and cohesive album overall and I actually prefer it over Loud and Talk That Talk. My biggest critique of the album (and a lot of Rihanna's albums) is that, while none of the songs are bad, a lot of them don't have much replay value. Standouts: Phresh Off the Runway, Diamonds, Jump, Right Now, Lost in Paradise, Love Without Tragedy/Mother Mary.

Whitney-Houston-I-Will-Always-Love-You-The-Best-Of-Whitney-Houston.jpg

10/10

Flawless album. Showing her at her best. And that bonus song that they added fit perfectly with this. :flutter: The best voice in history, nothing can compare.

Dangerous Man

UNAPOLOGETIC - RIHANNA

7/10.

I only liked 5 songs there but those songs are truly amazing. I'm glad she made again an album with RnB/Urban genre.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

• Admin changed the title to Rate the last album you listened to