💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Harry Styles: not gay, straight or bi; “Who cares”

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Queen Bitch
32 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

As I said in my previous post  “many of Harry fans or the ones who are trying to “defend” him somehow wouldn’t support a “real” outspoken queer artist”... 

I meant a queer artist wouldn’t have the same appreciation and support Harry has gotten. Mostly because guys like Harry, who have already made it in the industry, cant stand up for their queer peers. And by “acting” as part of LGBTQ+ community, he’s taking the space of queer artists to speak up their truth. 

But hey, that would be very eye-opening to have a queer artist in the spotlight but maybe he still struggles with it, it’s none of my business anyways!

I get what you mean, and I hope that's not what he's doing. If he is straight, he should just say it, no need to be coy about it. 

I agree with you that it would be great to have a queer artist in the spotlight. But at the same time, I also think it would be great if he was straight, as to show that you can be straight and still dress in a "queer" way (don't know if that's the correct way to describe it), and that you don't have to act a certain way just because you're straight.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

What a stupid and ignorant thing to say, "who cares". So ****ing tired of these privileged western artists who act like they're living in a super progressive world. Who cares? I live in a country where homosexuality is illegal. Someone as known as him would make a big impact on people if he were to come out. Answers like this are just a cop out. 

but he IS making an impact. He's all about freedom and ending the ideology that you have to be gay or straight to act, dress or express a certain way. At the end of the day, blurring the lines of sexuality is what will help end judgment towards any group.

vitoburrrito
7 hours ago, KingRedd said:

But one person doesn’t have to bear the weight of everyone’s experience. His sexuality is his and he nor should any celebrity be forced to say or do anything because someone else had a bad experience. It’s not fair nor is it ok to protest that someone tells what their sexuality is because someone asks. It’s his business and he will share when he is ready. Do you tel your closeted friend to come out because your other friend had it bad when he came out? See how that doesn’t make much sense. It’s not his job to be anything. 

I am going to quote someone else’s comment on this thread to explain why this is different than someone pressuring their closeted friend:

”Harry is a man, bending gender constructs, wearing dresses, make-up, etc, and singing about having sex with boys. So he's taking all this queer imagery and using it to sell his music and image, and when the interviewer asks him to clarify he hides behind a non answer, like he always has. So yeah, he is making millions of off these people, being "queer", but refuses to reply. No he doesn't owe anyone an answer about his sexuality, but he put himself in this position he is in now, where people expect him to say something and it's becoming a thing. That's why he comes off as a straight guy profiting from the LGBT community”

Lion Heart

Styles nods. “Am I sprinkling in nuggets of sexual ambiguity to try and be more interesting? No.” 

But that's literally what he's doing. And honestly I'm getting tired of it. If it turns out he's just a straight dude acting 'ambiguous' just to profit off the LGBT community, then he deserves the Liam Payne treatment.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Sickness

Oh wow, what a turn off. I loved the album and the whole vibe he’s going for as transparent as it is, but I thought he’d be smarter about it when interviewers finally started asking questions. 

11 minutes ago, vitoburrrito said:

I am going to quote someone else’s comment on this thread to explain why this is different than someone pressuring their closeted friend:

”Harry is a man, bending gender constructs, wearing dresses, make-up, etc, and singing about having sex with boys. So he's taking all this queer imagery and using it to sell his music and image, and when the interviewer asks him to clarify he hides behind a non answer, like he always has. So yeah, he is making millions of off these people, being "queer", but refuses to reply. No he doesn't owe anyone an answer about his sexuality, but he put himself in this position he is in now, where people expect him to say something and it's becoming a thing. That's why he comes off as a straight guy profiting from the LGBT community”

if he's really singing about having sex with boys then isn't that all the confirmation the world needs? or does he need to make a documentary about it for it to be valid?

also, why does wearing make up or feminine clothes have to come from a gay or bi man? maybe if more straight men started doing it the world wouldn't be so divisive and judgemental towards queer people for being "different".

Stephen
5 minutes ago, Gonzi said:

if he's really singing about having sex with boys then isn't that all the confirmation the world needs?

What songs?

I can't. 

tenor.gif?itemid=15685317

And also this.

tenor.gif?itemid=15685205

10 minutes ago, Stephen said:

What songs?

Medicine. 'The boys and the girls are in, I mess around with him and I'm okay with it'.

8 minutes ago, Stephen said:

What songs?

I'm assuming they're referring to his unreleased song Medicine where he sings the line "The boys and the girls are in, I mess around with them and I'm okay with it." That's like the only explicit "hint" he's given about being bisexual :green:

Katharine Hepburn

I think it's important to be counted to show representation and visibility for LGBT people - I think it's sad if you can't be yourself publicly. Though it's his bushiness and doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to.

xoxo Joanne

1 hour ago, Gonzi said:

I'm assuming they're referring to his unreleased song Medicine where he sings the line "The boys and the girls are in, I mess around with them and I'm okay with it." That's like the only explicit "hint" he's given about being bisexual :green:

I said this literally in the post above you. :flop: He also literally said 'we're all a little bit gay, aren't we?' during the last show of his first tour. 

@ Mods please close this thread before I go on a hunting spree, kii.

13 hours ago, Ryusei said:

He's basically saying he likes d*ck and v*g but it switches like every other day so he wont settle for one thing and it doesnt matter. Pansexual then? Also idk those answers are kind of a cop out like if you truly don't care then just say it... whatever it is. I know a lot of people are like "Ah,, who even cares about these LABELS anymore" but it helps a lot of fans if someone DOES "label" themselves a certain thing cause they can relate + representation. We are under this impression that it doesn't matter anymore there is enough movement but that is so not true. 

Hun. That's bisexual - this pansexual thing needs to stop 😂😂😂

Archived