💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Taylor's speech at Billboard Women In Music 2019

IllusionLover

Featured Posts

ProdigyARTPOP
7 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I thought it was all a bit overblown and fake, to be honest. It's amazing how Taylor managed to be a bully and a victim at the same time. One minute, she wants us to feel sorry for her because people are dragging her down and the next, she's dragging others down for petty reasons. It was so hard to watch her attempt to paint herself as a victim when nothing seriously bad has ever happened in her life. I remember watching Madonna's same speech and while I'm not exactly her biggest fan, I have to admit, she's had quite a hard life, especially when she was trying to make it and it made me feel for her. She was talking about having her apartment robbed, getting raped on a rooftop at knifepoint, experiencing so many of her friends die from drugs, AIDS and shootings. She was abused by her ex husband. She nearly had her career end with Erotica, with so many people deserting her and with a newspaper comparing her to Satan. Compare this to Taylor complaining about struggling to sometimes be taken seriously in the industry and having a bit of overexposure pushback. It's just not comparable. She was reaching to find struggle, but it just wasn't there. And to be introduced by the condascendingly fake Jameela was the icing on the cake. Two people who think they're so much more important than they really are.

Is everything okay at home?

And never diminish one woman’s struggle and try to compare it to another’s.

One’s battle may seem miniscule to another but they’re equally worthy of being heard

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
4 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

Is everything okay at home?

And never diminish one woman’s struggle and try to compare it to another’s.

One’s battle may seem miniscule to another but they’re equally worthy of being heard

Yes, I'm allowed to have an opinion while being mentally sound. Celebrities have made the decision to be judged, they have to accept not everyone will like what they say and do.

No, sorry, some people's struggle are harder than others. Even as a feminist woman, I realise that. And not all Taylor's problems are because of sexism, it's because of her attitude. I've always treated her as no different to any man, I treat all people equally. I won't treat women with safety gloves just because I am one and want feminism to be furthered. Women are people first and foremost and that's how they should be treated.

ProdigyARTPOP
7 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Yes, I'm allowed to have an opinion while being mentally sound. Celebrities have made the decision to be judged, they have to accept not everyone will like what they say and do.

No, sorry, some people's struggle are harder than others. Even as a feminist woman, I realise that. And not all Taylor's problems are because of sexism, it's because of her attitude. I've always treated her as no different to any man, I treat all people equally. I won't treat women with safety gloves just because I am one and want feminism to be furthered. Women are people first and foremost and that's how they should be treated.

So you don’t think it sends a pretty contrived message when Scooter Braun posted that he now owned Taylor? That’s pretty toxic. Also, no one is asking you to treat her with safety gloves, she’s been pretty vocal about how she wasn’t given the same amount of opportunities or options to own her work, it was only used as leverage to chain her to a 10 year contract. 

& yes she’s a celebrity and you’re entitled to your own opinion, but when theirs factual knowledge to show how they’ve tried constantly to paint her as this maniacally and cold/calculated individual then there’s a problem and she has every right to speak up against her fellow peers who are just standing idly by not taking into account that , that can also happen to them. 

This fight isn’t just about her.

StrawberryBlond
1 hour ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

So you don’t think it sends a pretty contrived message when Scooter Braun posted that he now owned Taylor? That’s pretty toxic. Also, no one is asking you to treat her with safety gloves, she’s been pretty vocal about how she wasn’t given the same amount of opportunities or options to own her work, it was only used as leverage to chain her to a 10 year contract. 

& yes she’s a celebrity and you’re entitled to your own opinion, but when theirs factual knowledge to show how they’ve tried constantly to paint her as this maniacally and cold/calculated individual then there’s a problem and she has every right to speak up against her fellow peers who are just standing idly by not taking into account that , that can also happen to them. 

This fight isn’t just about her.

It's not like he's the best of people but this was just music industry business. Remember that she got her record deal when she was 14. In order to get ahead, people had to make decisions for her back then and it would've been different if she'd approached the business as a savvy adult. It's always going to be different for someone who started out as a teenager. Fact is that she was allowed to write and perform all her own work, that's an achievement for one so young in itself, the actual owning of it is just technicalities. Everyone knows she wrote this stuff and it's her songs. She's still making millions off them, she'll never be without crazy wealth. She's holding onto this story for dear life because it pushes her precious victim narrative.

But she is calculated and manipulative, she has shown it time and time again. Haven't you noticed how there's always a scandal or drama following her for her last few albums? It's almost like she engineers this stuff and has to maintain a constant victim narrative to keep herself relevant and for her fans to protect her. Always beware of people who drama seems to follow.

Thomas P

This is why I stan 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

17 hours ago, FameHookah said:

Lana del Rey HAHAHAH what

Gaga was 100000x times more influential, and she didnt get mentioned, even tho they are "friends" and she went to her birthday.

She namedroping lana and billie kinda ruined the speech but it was so good still.

She has complimented Gaga many times and she chose Lana partly because she is in the audience.

Not gonna lie, it kind of saddens me that Taylor Swift is up there fighting for artists/women's rights with an incredible speech might I add, while our fave is selling makeup.

Madling
5 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Not gonna lie, it kind of saddens me that Taylor Swift is up there fighting for artists/women's rights with an incredible speech might I add, while our fave is selling makeup.

Oh you just gonna ignore the fact that she won every award going just a few months ago and reached another career peak. You know damn well she's making another record so have some respect for her and quit the demeaning attitude towards her non music ventures. She's happy doing this so get over it. 

And she has always spoken out on important issues so don't act like she's a wallflower with nothing to say for herself. 

nenhures
3 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Gaga has been talking about women and LGBT empowerment all her career at times when no one else in the mainstream (including miss Swift) would. She also gave an amazing speech at this year's Pride. But it wouldn't be a GGD thread without a needless jab at Haus Labs, would it.

Daylight Jokers
19 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Gaga fought for Gay rights. Wtf are you even talking about? She's done that sort of activism years ago. She's had tons of incredible speeches for years. You want speeches about rights? She's had a long ass one this year during pride month, and let's not forget her speech on repealing the Don't Ask Don't Tell (the iconic, "Obama, ARE YOU LISTENING?!?!") policy. She's done enough, let her sell her makeup. Geez.

I'm not mad about the award; Gaga won an Oscar.

I know she did all that years ago, but that's part of my point. It was years ago.

I just miss when Gaga was the one leading the way like Taylor Swift is.

Runway
4 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

I'm not mad about the award; Gaga won an Oscar.

I know she did all that years ago, but that's part of my point. It was years ago.

I just miss when Gaga was the one leading the way like Taylor Swift is.

Years ago? She has a foundation that is actually taking action every day. Just because she doesn’t publicize herself doing nice things doesn’t mean shes not taking action anymore :rip:  
btw Taylor got woke like 6 months ago. Gaga has been doing it for 11 years

Archived