Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

The 77th Golden Globe Awards - Nominations

mamo

Featured Posts

IllusionLover
1 hour ago, Thomas P said:

It’s gonna be a bloodbath cause the movies this year are some of the best of the decade.

Marriage Story deserves all acting awards, said what I said. 

I think Scarlett should win for this one. I haven´t seen it tho, but in an interview she talked about what she was going through during the making of this movie and i think that improved her acting x100 

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

Does anyone think J-Lo bought this nomination? I've never seen anyone who played the role of a stripper being nominated for a big award like this. Such a role, even if it doesn't involve nudity, is considered the difference between being taken seriously or not by serious critic academies. It doesn't matter how well you played the role, it's still a stripper role. Something's not right here.

Newpolitics

killing eve deserves a win for best television series

golden globes better not snub once upon a time in hollywood of its fun:triggered:

A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes I screamed aloud, as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind

Newpolitics
6 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Does anyone think J-Lo bought this nomination? I've never seen anyone who played the role of a stripper being nominated for a big award like this. Such a role, even if it doesn't involve nudity, is considered the difference between being taken seriously or not by serious critic academies. It doesn't matter how well you played the role, it's still a stripper role. Something's not right here.

i,m not a hater as well but something does feel shady for me as well . the movie doesn't seem any where close enough to look oscar worthy . however i haven't yet seen the movie so can't make the best judgement right now

A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes I screamed aloud, as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind

Thomas P
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

She earned it. She’ll earn it at the Oscars too. People aren’t so stupidly conservative in their picks for “real” roles now. It’s no longer 1982.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Thomas P
1 hour ago, Newpolitics said:

i,m not a hater as well but something does feel shady for me as well . the movie doesn't seem any where close enough to look oscar worthy . however i haven't yet seen the movie so can't make the best judgement right now

The movie itself isn’t AMAZING, but it’s still really really good. JLo is the only one getting award buzz, but she has earned it and then some. Her performance is phenomenal, and she really was the reason that the movie was more than just your typical “good girls night out” movie, and one that’s actually seen as “serious”. 

Zander

I'm most interested in Original Song this award season. I kind of think Frozen will get it + the Oscar. 

Thomas P
1 hour ago, Rio said:

Bet you they award The Joker best film over the true better film. 

I don’t think they will, but I can see Phoenix winning, even though Adam Driver was better in Marriage Story. 

Thomas P
Just now, Zander said:

I'm most interested in Original Song this award season. I kind of think Frozen will get it + the Oscar. 

That or rocketman. Beyhive and Swifties are delusional in thinking they stand a chance. 

StrawberryBlond
9 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

She earned it. She’ll earn it at the Oscars too. People aren’t so stupidly conservative in their picks for “real” roles now. It’s no longer 1982.

From what I saw, she just played herself. It's not about being conservative, it's about it being a role that didn't require amazing acting ability. It's just meant to be a fun movie, not award winning material. If people aren't so conservative now then how come stripper roles have never been Oscar nominated?

Thomas P
28 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

From what I saw, she just played herself. It's not about being conservative, it's about it being a role that didn't require amazing acting ability. It's just meant to be a fun movie, not award winning material. If people aren't so conservative now then how come stripper roles have never been Oscar nominated?

This is one of the fist truly deserving ones. Thats my opinion, but I think a lot of other people agree on that though. 

2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

This is such a problematic and old-fashioned/ignorant take - just because an actress is playing a role as a stripper doesn't take away the depth from the character. There's no such thing as a "stripper role" just a role and JLo served the purpose of the character Ramona for the film. Also it's worthy to mention that 'hustlers' was based on a true story that took place in NYC. 

FYI - the critics seems to love it. 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

4 hours ago, M Monstre said:

Movie awards this year seem very competitive. I'm excited to see what'll win. The movies themselves also all seem pretty good.

From this list, I've watched Joker, Marriage Story, Rocketman, Lion King, and Frozen 2. I plan on seeing The Two Popes, The Farewell, Parasite,  Bombshell, and JoJo Rabbit sometime too.

I will say, out of the movies I've seen this year, both Joker and Marriage Story really stand out. I really want Joaquin Phoenix to win, but after watching Marriage Story yesterday, I would also really love to see Adam Driver win. Scarlett Johannson was also great in that movie; the acting and directing was superb.

Tbh I'm SHOCKED at Parasite not being in the top category. it's one of the best movies I've seen in years and I see A LOT of movies. The Farewell was phenomenal as well. Truth be told, I loved Joker but I'm surprised it's competing for best drama.

Archived