Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
other

Disney Korea sued for monopoly on movie screens

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

1575247246-20191201-frozen.jpg

‘SARAMIN', a citizen's group, is suing Disney Korea for anti-monopoly laws on taking over movie screens. SARAMIN reported that as of November 23rd, 'FROZEN II' was being shown on 88% of Korea's movie theater screens. According to anti-monopoly laws, a business cannot hold over 50% of the market.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/12/disney-korea-sued-for-monopoly-on-movie-screens

FlopSlurper

"As of now, moviegoers basically have no choice but to see 'FROZEN II' because nothing else is being shown in theaters."

me in 2013 forcing everyone to listen to ARTPOP teas

Ally Campana
3 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

"As of now, moviegoers basically have no choice but to see 'FROZEN II' because nothing else is being shown in theaters."

me in 2013 forcing everyone to listen to ARTPOP teas

Me too:lmao:. I forced my friend to listen to Venus. He got scared of the cover art (the one where she had a scorpion on her head). I was 13 and he was 11. Pretty sure he saw Gaga as a psycho after that. And it’s all my fault. :teehee: 

Does it matter? Damage is done

RAMROD

Everyone that is not Big D or Big D stans rn

giphy-24.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

skaxboy

I understand what they are saying but this is a pretty big movie. I always thought the individual theaters decided what films to show and how many screens to show them on at a certain time. 

Not too many studious would dare release on the same day as Frozen 2 so chances are that there aren’t many new movies to show this week. Plus, no one is forcing people to go the movie theater there are plenty of other things to do especially in a cool place like South Korea. 

At first I thought it was just 88% of all movie theaters featuring the movie, but it’s 88% of every single movie showing within all theaters :nooo: that’s crazzyyyyyyy

Archived