news

Gaga nominated for SOTY, no AOTY

monsterdino

Featured Posts

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8. Best Pop Vocal Album
For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new vocal pop recordings.

THE LION KING: THE GIFT
Beyoncé

WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?
Billie Eilish

THANK U, NEXT
Ariana Grande

NO.6 COLLABORATIONS PROJECT
Ed Sheeran

LOVER
Taylor Swift

This one is screaming BOUGHT! Payola family as always! ASIB is not nominated, but this!!!!!!!!!!!!

doppelganger

Interscope is clearly lobbying for Billie who needs legitimacy. They're investing for the future. Gaga is on her own.

1 minute ago, Lighter said:

11 time grammy winner Lady Gaga

I don't expect a win honneslty except maybe SOTY... A Visual Media and Soundtrack win sounds too obvious to happen
. Is Bey nominated for Soundtrack?

Arturo
2 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

I wouldn't call Lizzo a massive success though

I mean I don't really like Ava Max but she's a million times bigger

certainly not in the US.

Lizzo got a #1 that is still charting in the Top 10 and a #4 which will probably give her a 2nd #1 in coming weeks. Ava has one radio fueled hit in the US that no one even knows who sang it.

HausOfMiklaus

â€ȘI always knew ‘7’ could sneak in but FOTB and i, i STEALING the (heavily hyped) spots for Igor, Lover and the ASIB soundtrack... stans are reminded today that the Grammys will always have room for white men‬. Lil Nas and Lizzo had massive impact this year and they are NOT the enemy (although I loved all these albums).

Lord Temptation
Just now, Arturo said:

She's a serious contender for all 3 of her awards. People saying Spirit will win VM when Beyonce doesn't even have the visibility of being in the General Field is delusional. She has a fair shot at all even SOTY based on the nominees.

I actually would have preferred her to be nominated for ONE award: AOTY, simply because it is the best album of the year, critically and commercially. These 3 noms are a front. 

Arturo
1 minute ago, chipz said:

8. Best Pop Vocal Album

Beyoncé

Billie Eilish

THANK U, NEXT
Ariana Grande

Ed Sheeran

LOVER
Taylor Swift

This one is screaming BOUGHT! Payola family as always! ASIB is not nominated, but this!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASIB was not submitted to best pop vocal album, it was submitted to Soundtrack as its 1 allowed genre category.

1 minute ago, chipz said:

8. Best Pop Vocal Album

Beyoncé

Billie Eilish

THANK U, NEXT
Ariana Grande

Ed Sheeran

LOVER
Taylor Swift

ASIB could NOT be nominatd in this category since it was nominated for Best Soundtrack

Can’t wait for Gaga to lose in the Big Four again. Don’t break the streak! :poot: 

Signature loading
 đŸ‘čđŸ–€

1 minute ago, Arturo said:

certainly not in the US.

Lizzo got a #1 that is still charting in the Top 10 and a #4 which will probably give her a 2nd #1 in coming weeks. Ava has one radio fueled hit in the US that no one even knows who sang it.

Yeah but that's just the US

Brainiac

Am I the only one who’s very content with these nominations. She’s sure to win both visual media categories. She’s going to be at least an 11X Grammy winner. That’s amazing. 

Zander

I don’t understand this negative reaction from everybody? She won 3 last year, and it’s a surprise she’d even get nominated for music from the same album that was released over a year ago. 3 nominations is pretty good considering she hasn’t put out anything since Oct 2018. She doesn’t exactly get snubbed considering she has 9 Grammys :triggered:

FameHookah
17 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

tbh I'm okay with this. 

Of course we'd all love her to get more nominations, but I'm okay with these 3. Not necessarily the 3 I would've wanted, but what can you do?

Hopefully this means she might perform ARUTW for the first time :awkney:

I would CRY

But im scared the song has some airy high parts and gaga's voice  has been kinda rough and low since 2018.

I hope she can pull that off live.

WTF is MDNA

Archived