đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga is receiving 3 Grammy nominations

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Bambino said:

No, not necessarily.  Artists can submit as much as they want but it's up for the Grammys to choose which to give nominations to.

I meant because she supposedly is nommed for 8. The list I saw was from September and had her with 8 submissions, so which means she would have all she submitted chosen for nominations.

It just seems a little unrealistic 

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope she'll be nominated in both Soundtrack and AOTY.  But, if she's missing one of these two, I'd rather see her being recognized for her tremendous work with a Best Soundtrack win. 

She'd lose AOTY, I think.

And ASIB getting 0 wins would be a total  MESS :saladga: and kinda ridiculous frankly:crossed:.

Lazzarus

Guys, let's just wait for a few more hours till we get official nominations. And then we can officially go crazy if this turns out to be true.

But for the record, I think that 3 noms are quite enough, especially if one of them is for AOTY, even though I would prefer a somehow safer nom and win in soundtrack category then losing AOTY. :gum:

I came here happy and ready to congratulate her on 3 noms but wow was I wrong to think that was a good thing apparently...

pedrohemg

I thought an independent auditing company should guarantee no one has access to the official list beforehand. How did they share it with an IT employee?

Chickens in Malibu
1 minute ago, pedrohemg said:

I thought an independent auditing company should guarantee no one has access to the official list beforehand. How did they share it with an IT employee?

Well the pages have to be updated by tomorrow. So some work had to be done today. They probably made a mistake.

Davian

The Lizzo hate in this thread:triggered: She totally deserves all those noms! A Queen who stands up for self-love and killed it this year!:firega:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

My prediction for Gaga (nominations):

- Album of The Year (A Star Is Born)

Spoiler

Eventually,

- Song of The Year (Always Remember Us This Way)

- Best Pop Solo Performance (Always Remember Us This Way)

- Best Compilation Soundtrack (A Star Is Born)

- Best Song Written For Visual Media (I'll Never Love Again)

I really, really hope it's AOTY. 

If it's not, I am totally at peace with Lana winning AOTY. Knowing the Grammy's though they are going to rob both Gaga and Lana the way they robbed Lorde and Kesha. 

giphy.gif

PACGAGA

It probably missed AOTY bc Bradley’s name would be listed. 
it’s probably Compilation Soundtrack, POP Solo, and SWFVM. They would’ve give her SOTY if she missed AOTY. 

Economy
1 hour ago, DeanWinchester said:

it's also critically acclaimed :excuseu:

Yes it is... but that’s besides the point. They are using its commercial success as a point of argument... when fans have repeatedly criticized the grammys for over emphasizing commercial success abd turning the grammys into a popularity contest

its hypocritical :madge:

Dont forget, Esperanza Spalding that nobody knew beat Justin Bieber for best new artist... the Grammys are mainly supposed to evaluate quality not sales... thats billboard awards department

JustJames

I work in marketing and have developed/designed websites for 8 years for many large clients. One was a state tourism board, which while regulated, did not require oversight like mentioned above (having an auditor oversee the entire process) and a mistake like this would have caused our (at the time) entire firm to be fired almost immediately. The GRAMMYs no doubt have an Agency of Record who handles all of their marketing material and it being one of their larger clients, the publicity regarding the possible slashing of jobs to makeup for this huge error with potential legal ramifications would be EVERYWHERE.

Before ANY change is made to the live website, several tests are made to ensure that there will be no bugs or glitches on the final version. This is all done in a very typical, run-of-the-mill, QA environment that any developer knows their way around. They also:

1) would never have access to the ACTUAL information that will be populated; instead, they would use 'greek' copy or, in this case, characters that can be replicated in the live environment (in this case, numbers)

2) would never populate the test environment with the ACTUAL information even if they did have access to it FOR THIS VERY SCENARIO 

I cannot imagine a major agency ever making this mistake; can imagine even less that a major agency would have such lax protocols in place to prevent it; and imagine even less that heads would not be rolling if this mistake were to have been made.

PACGAGA

wait is Bradley’s 1 nomination for last year or this year? 
bc it could just be Pop duo as well. 

Archived