💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Paulina Rubio vs. Thalia: Who's your favorite Mexican Queen?

Bambino

The ULTIMATE Mexican Queens   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite Mexican Queen?

Featured Posts

JevyDuty

Thalia

I met her at my AP Biology class and I was starstruck. She's clearly who she shows the world she is. I loved her forever and her "MariMar" era is when I found out I was gay. I wanted to be her so badly lol

Edit: I mean, she even brought up the fact that she's always accused of removing a rib to get the body she has and denied the rumors and asked my Doctor/teacher about her situation. I think she saw I was shook so she wrote my name on the board with her name and a heart around them.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KURUSHITOVSKA
Just now, Alan123 said:

I think I'm gonna have to go with Thalía on this one. Paulina has this iconic song called "El Último Adiós" but Thalía's telenovela career is part of my childhood. I rarely listen to them anymore because most of their discography is tacky af though. I prefer Alejandra Guzmán BY FAR and Gloria Trevi's old hits, cuz she also started making really tacky music when she got out of jail.

I never thought El Ultimo Adios was that iconic :oprah:i think Paulina's signature hits were Y Yo Sigo Aqui, Mio, Ni Una Sola Palabra, etc

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta taråntula?

RAMROD
4 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Paulina had her 2001 album Border Girl even released in Japan. Thalia is known in other countries just because she acts in crappy soap operas, not because she has hits. Not even in Spain, that I can tell.

So? It is about the lasting image. What is one album in Japan means as opposed to someone who was in their TV screens daily to the point they'd take them as some kind of friend figure. ThalĂ­a have loyal adoring fans in Asia. Can you say the same for Paulina? Besides is it even reaching the bottom of Oricon at least? I doubt it.

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

alextruper17
10 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

tumblr_n98p50Hukv1rdhti1o1_500.gif

https://open.spotify.com/track/1EhDeCHd34jt7dMDqkGQBC?si=r_xkK0u1SSeGzc0CxqGKmg

The one who are known worldwide, by that, I mean outside the Hispanic countries and communities. ThalĂ­a is probably only second to Shakira as the most known Latina in the world. Nobody knows who Paulina or Selena Quintanilla is/was in Asia for example. But they know Shakira and ThalĂ­a aka THE Marimar, Rosalinda, or Maria Mercedes.

told you so i give up GIF

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

Anderson123
2 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

I never thought El Ultimo Adios was that iconic :oprah:i think Paulina's signature hits were Y Yo Sigo Aqui, Mio, Ni Una Sola Palabra, etc

Yeah Paulina does have more iconic songs in terms of popularity but I meant that El Último Adiós sounds sooo good, especially when you play it at a party or karaoke with friends. That’s maybe because I was a kid when it came out and the nostalia kicks in, reminds me a lot of my Elementary school friends singing to it. 

KURUSHITOVSKA
3 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

So? It is about the lasting image. What is one album in Japan means as opposed to someone who was in their TV screens daily to the point they'd take them as some kind of friend figure. ThalĂ­a have loyal adoring fans in Asia. Can you say the same for Paulina? Besides is it even reaching the bottom of Oricon at least? I doubt it.

Thalia had fans that loved her for a character, not for something she was herself 

KURUSHITOVSKA
Just now, Alan123 said:

Yeah Paulina does have more iconic songs in terms of popularity but I meant that El Último Adiós sounds sooo good, especially when you play it at a party or karaoke with friends. That’s maybe because I was a kid when it came out and the nostalia kicks in, reminds me a lot of my Elementary school friends singing to it. 

Same here, i just love Paulina since I was like 4 or something. I remember being in a birthday party at one of my collegues' home and all the time asking his mom to put her Paulina CD and Y Yo Sigo Aqui again and again while the rest of the boys were playing football. 

RAMROD
1 minute ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Thalia had fans that loved her for a character, not for something she was herself 

Trust me, fam, that does not matter.  You are arguing for the losing game.

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

JevyDuty

I'm just saying: you can love one without dragging the other.  They are both clearly iconic so stop the catty hate. Thalia is loved for her MANY talents including acting. 

Bambino
13 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Alright let's do this.

Thalia WAS known in Asia and even the Middle East for a certain period of time merely for her soap operas dear. I remember saying her name, and people would be like 'who?' unless I follow it with 'Marimar, Rosalinda.' Nobody outside Latin America knows her that much as a singer, and especially in the aforementioned regions. Not everyone speaks Spanish and not everyone is obsessed with Hispanic music unless it's as catchy as Despacito, and that's a fact. Shakira's Spanish music may chart well outside Latin America because she has a strong fanbase outside Latin America. Thalia, Paulina, Gloria Trevi... etc! don't.

Everything, absolutely everything Paulina has achieved regardless of how it looks compared to other artists, she achieved it by herself and none other than herself and her will to grow more as an artist. She didn't have to marry men after they make false promises of boosting careers and turning others into second Mariah Careys. She didn't pay for stars on Hollywood Walk of Fame. She's una trabajadora real and she's underrated for that. She's the only Mexican artist to have 5 #1s on Billboard. The only Mexican artist to perform on MTV Awards. The last Latina female to have a #1 song on the Latin Billboard as a solo artist.

22 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

I never thought El Ultimo Adios was that iconic i think Paulina's signature hits were Y Yo Sigo Aqui, Mio, Ni Una Sola Palabra, etc

El Ultimo Adios is iconic especially in Mexico I think because of its ritmos rancheros. Paulina sings it in every concert.

La Rosalia
14 minutes ago, Runway said:

Thalia left Paulina behind a long time ago :rip: 

Exactly lol 

Maybe if this was a 2000s poll it would make sense. But Thalia is on another level now while the other one is basically a thing of the past.

Bambino
2 minutes ago, _Scheisse said:

But Thalia is on another level now

Thanks to Maluma, Prince Royce, Becky G, Natti Natasha, Gente de Zona, Lali and other trendy artists she likes to milk for hits :tea:

La Rosalia
Just now, Bambino said:

Thanks to Maluma, Prince Royce, Becky G, Natti Natasha, Gente de Zona, Lali and other trendy artists she likes to milk for hits :tea:

Lali lmao, If anything, Thalía did some charity work with her.

And lets not act like Paulina didn’t try hop on the reggaetón trend as well (Chino, Alexis & Fido) but I guess that when a track is trash , not even Collabs can save you. 

alextruper17
7 minutes ago, _Scheisse said:

Exactly lol 

Maybe if this was a 2000s poll it would make sense. But Thalia is on another level now while the other one is basically a thing of the past.

Exactly

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

Archived