💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Pop music peaked in 2009

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

And crikey, there’s so much to come in the weeks that follow, before 2009 becomes 2010. Lady Gaga’s masterpiece Bad Romance will top off her flawless breakthrough year by completing a seven-week journey to No1, Kesha will grace us for the first time with Tik Tok, Miley Cyrus will release her best-loved song in Party In The USA, and Britney Spears will do her bit for threesomes on the absolutely wild 3. On top of all that, JLS will score their second number one of the year with Everybody In Love, Sugababes’ final line-up will release their first single (About A Girl – underrated to this day!), Jason Derulo will make his UK breakthrough with Whatcha Say, and Rihanna will begin one of her most interesting eras with Russian Roulette.

For a start, the world is a hellfire now. In 2009, it… well, it wasn’t a utopia, but lots of us were certainly a great deal more naïve and care-free, and these especially exciting hits were there to soundtrack formative moments in our lives.

More - https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/30/pop-music-peaked-in-2009-11007206/

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest michaelbaumgardner

Sadly, I agree :noparty: but oh well the pop music from that era will never get old to me and I will enjoy it for the rest of my life.

tenor.png

"I heard if you record Gaga snoring and play it backward it sounds like an act. 2 unreleased."

There's been a few good pop songs this past decade, people gotta stop kidding themselves. Lmao, Carly's 'Emotion' exists. We're just past the Golden Era of 2009

nenhures

I don't know if I agree with that.

Sure, 2009 was a great year for music but  It's easy to put our nostalgia glasses on and highlight its most iconic moments and forget that there was a lot of mediocre music back then, as there is now and there was in whatever year you can think of.

Some years are more memorable than others but I refuse to say that pop music "peaked" at any certain point in time. It's an ever-shifting genre and there's so much good stuff being put out today, especially from underground artists and I can surely appreciate it all.

This boomer mentality has to go.

The Bling

Are we really starting to preach like those old rats that like to bitch about music peaking in the 80s already?

Nnnnn :selena:

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

ANTI WP
34 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

Rihanna will begin one of her most interesting eras with Russian Roulette.

8APE9_2Niz1txWUuRDNSjXOmKPTIaGh-byk2Ydxe

Borislshere
3 minutes ago, The Bling said:

Are we really starting to preach like those old rats that like to bitch about music peaking in the 80s already?

Nnnnn :selena:

This was my exact first thought omg. :selena:

Edonis

Pop music is always evolving so I'm not sure how I feel about that sentiment. I truly believe you can find great forms of pop music no matter what the decade, no matter how 'popular' it actually is. You just have to look for it. 

I will say that mainstream pop (in how it was presented) was more interesting to me  during that era. It seems like artists of all genres upped their game a bit to try to make memorable imagery and performances. That's far too rare nowadays imo. 

Didymus

I mean it was a great year for pop music but I don't see how it "peaked" in any way. Like, Bad Romance is literally the only truly great pop song in that whole entire line-up :lmao:

sampool

It didn't.

Imo it peaked in 2011. We got BTW, Katy #1 singles, Rihanna's We found love, Adele 21 Album, Pitbull give me everything, LMFAO breakthrough, JLo On the floor and much more. 

Archived