💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

US Charts Discussion

Americano

Featured Posts

Rihanna's team calculated the trend was away from heavy dance, after WHYB underperformed and mid-tempo songs were dominating. Then bam, Gangnam Style and Die Young kick Diamonds ass.

Just like WHYB recyles the breakdown from WFL, Diamonds recycles the repeated lyrics and diamond metaphor ("yellow diamonds in the light").

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Ozzy8923

• Nick

#15 72 + 82 + 26 = 131 Chris Brown Don't Wake Me Up (-2)

#16 157 + 30 + 5 = 128 Rihanna Diamonds (New)

Girl would rather hang out with Chris Brown than rise to the top, lol.

I can see Diamonds not having much staying power. It's not really distinctive enough as a midtempo ballad. The production is kind of bland, and Rihanna's vocals are--admittedly--nice, but she's no Bey: her vocals can't really carry a song by themselves.

Edited by kupo

Americano

It'll be interesting if she can survive the next wave of releases next week.

Psy and Kesha look like they're gonna overshadow Diamonds anyway. I definitely don't think it even has a shot at #1.

Edited by Bryan

Xtina #31 US #!5 Canada

LOVE her new video. I thought she'd tone down the arrogant oversinging overs-xed dirty diva image, but instead of going bland she's now a femme fatale serial killer who makes a guy explode with glitter when she fvcks his body with a baseball bat. Cartoon violence, which is why her watching cartoons is a clever touch.

Edited by craig

#13 NICKI MINAJ - Pound The Alarm (-18) [-0.70]

(+1) #16 PSY - Gangham Style (+212) [+1.58]

(+1) #21 CHRISTINA AGUILERA - Your Body (+81) [+0.46]

(+4) #26 KE$HA - Die Young (+451) [+3.92]

(+1) #32 RIHANNA - Diamonds (+230) [+2.36]

Eugh get over it with Gangham Style. Enough already. The joke is already over that 12 years old kids will jump in and make it last forever. Remember ? LMFAO !

Americano

Eugh get over it with Gangham Style. Enough already. The joke is already over that 12 years old kids will jump in and make it last forever. Remember ? LMFAO !

I'm just glad it's culturally dominating the basic pop crap that's been released lately.