• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Ozzy8923

• Nick

With Rihanna, I like to use the following a--logy: Rihanna is like Apple Co. She releases something new every year but it's so similar to what was released the year before that it's difficult to notice the difference between the 2 products. Simple as that. No artistic imput whatsoever, it's a cycle, a machine (I understand how some of you may consider my saying this ironic because I stan for Britney Spears, but her album process isn't as repetitive as Rihanna's, the only album of hers that was rushed/released quickly was Circus, and for the obvious reasons).

I also DO want her to perform badly. Mind you, this is the first time that I wish failure upon an artist, but it's just gotten to the point where it is UNBEARABLE. Simply because I think I'm going to start imitating my fave and having mental breakdowns if I hear her damn voice in the radio for another 6 months. I just wish she would take 2-3 years to make a GOOD album, one that is worth a listen, and worth the money. Do you honestly wonder why Talk that Talk was the most illegally downloaded album in the first half of 2011? I wouldn't pay more than $5 for that album even if I was held at gunpoint.

As far as their new songs go, don't expect hippie or folky. That's all BS they say to seem as if they are actually putting new genres in their songs and experimenting. Remember the Supernatural snippet from Ke$ha? It was THE TOTAL OPPOSITE of what she said her album was going to sound like. It had no elements of rock whatsoever. And I expect her lead single to be just as generic as her previous singles. The same goes for Rihanna. Do you honestly expect anything besides generic from producers like Dr. Luke (Ke$ha) and Benny Blanco and StarGate (Rihanna)? If you do, then you've got another thing coming.

/rant.

Gurl did I detect Apple shade? Me and my new iPhone 5 are not here for that :laughga:

Americano

ONE DIRECTION - Live While We’re Young: 11.892 (+ 2.132)

This is gonna SMASH.

CHRISTINA AGUILERA - Your Body: 14.479 (+ 1.356)

Slowing down already, calling FLOP.

USHER - Numb: 20.418 (+ 1.247)

No music video yet? Moderate hit.

PSY - Gangnam Style: 30.520 (+ 1.783)

Radio being forced to jump on board.

13. NICKI MINAJ - Pound The Alarm: 83.357 (− 0.178)

Peaking. Flop. Radio tried forcing it, but buyers weren't having it.

boysboysboys

Lols, Live While We're Young sounds so cheesy! :P If only these boys weren't so fawkin' cute!

Anyways, decent jam.

Edited by boysboysboys

One Direction's new song is good, but it sounds exactly like everything they've done. And the music video looks the same too.

Official Warrior cover (yes, this is the official one). It's also posted in the Ke$ha thread.

It looks like it was photo'd in her backyard and she cropped herself in... I'm pretty sure she made it look cheap on purpose. If that's the case, she did a good job :wtf:

Kesha_Warrior.jpeg

i love the cover hahaha

With Rihanna, I like to use the following a--logy: Rihanna is like Apple Co. She releases something new every year but it's so similar to what was released the year before that it's difficult to notice the difference between the 2 products. Simple as that. No artistic imput whatsoever, it's a cycle, a machine (I understand how some of you may consider my saying this ironic because I stan for Britney Spears, but her album process isn't as repetitive as Rihanna's, the only album of hers that was rushed/released quickly was Circus, and for the obvious reasons).

I also DO want her to perform badly. Mind you, this is the first time that I wish failure upon an artist, but it's just gotten to the point where it is UNBEARABLE. Simply because I think I'm going to start imitating my fave and having mental breakdowns if I hear her damn voice in the radio for another 6 months. I just wish she would take 2-3 years to make a GOOD album, one that is worth a listen, and worth the money. Do you honestly wonder why Talk that Talk was the most illegally downloaded album in the first half of 2011? I wouldn't pay more than $5 for that album even if I was held at gunpoint.

As far as their new songs go, don't expect hippie or folky. That's all BS they say to seem as if they are actually putting new genres in their songs and experimenting. Remember the Supernatural snippet from Ke$ha? It was THE TOTAL OPPOSITE of what she said her album was going to sound like. It had no elements of rock whatsoever. And I expect her lead single to be just as generic as her previous singles. The same goes for Rihanna. Do you honestly expect anything besides generic from producers like Dr. Luke (Ke$ha) and Benny Blanco and StarGate (Rihanna)? If you do, then you've got another thing coming.

/rant.

that's actually really good. Even though I have bought Rihanna's past 3 albums :hor: and I think Kesha really does want to do something different, just because one song clip was heavy techno, it doesn't mean the whole album will be that way. but it probably will :fail:

boysboysboys

Projectile vomiting @ the thought of that One Direction song becoming a monster hit.

It literally sounds like WMYB and One Thing put together!

Edited by boysboysboys

Thanks, Im excited for Pink's album, has anyone heard it?

All this stuff just makes me want Gaga even more to be honest. I want her to take her time and be out of the spotlight for a bit, but me craving Gaga is a good thing. I think she will have an amazing return.

i heard some of it, but couldn't get into it at first listen. I'm sure I'll love it when I take the time to really enjoy it though.

If it sounds like a typical Kesha song after all of this time being away, i'll be disappointed

i will cry.

also i listened to like a minute of "Your Body" and just did not like it. haven't heard the full thing. i thought it was stupid from day one to be calling it a come back single. You can't just plan a comeback. You can plan all you want, but if the music you make isn't good then it really doesn't matter.

boysboysboys

CHRISTINA AGUILERA - Your Body: 14.479 (+ 1.356)

Slowing down already, calling FLOP.

Makes me that much harsher

Makes my fat a little bit thicker

Makes me that much louder

So thanks for making me a FLOPPER-AH!

:P

It seems like 1D is only going to get hits in the U.S from their lead singles.

I'll be proven wrong if their 2nd single is a success.

Americano

I can't even at Xtina being out of the Top 20 already

:lmao:

And I will admit that I really am beginning to like One Direction. They're so fun and cute, reminds me of the early 2000s.