Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion

Americano

Featured Posts

Someone needs to help me, Ke$ha should be everything I hate but I have such a soft spot for her and I cannot get Die Young out of my head :toofunny:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Ozzy8923

• Nick

Someone needs to help me, Ke$ha should be everything I hate but I have such a soft spot for her and I cannot get Die Young out of my head

Don't worry it will be overplayed in no time.

TTT is like album a gazillion for Rihanna though, BTW is only album 3 for Gaga

But Rihanna only became a big deal international superstar with her 3rd album. The fame clock starts from there.

Only Girl + re-release was her Fame TFM.

Rated R was a setback, moreso than BTW.

Loud a return to glory, at least in UK.

Don't see her bouncing back to that level without some real effort and luck.

Well, rooting for X-Tina was a mistake. Might as well root for someone who will actually slay! :party:

http://atrl.net/foru...ad.php?t=275511

IT.IS.COMING. Let the sky Fall. October 2012. :legend:

Let the Sky Fall (On your Faves)

I didn't really like Diamonds on the first listen but it's a grower. I like that she released something riskier as her lead single too. When I saw the single cover, I thought it would be some ratchet mess. :toofunny:

I don't see Diamonds are risky at all. Not heavy dance, not a ballad.

Back to working with main man Stargate. Bit of recyled WFL (repeated lyrics). Nice uplifting theme (like Katy or Nicki), cause I'm sure the label was worried about her becoming a downer with all the "bad love attracted to Chris Brown" **** or too repetitively raunchy.

Will be top 10 for sure. But may not be a home run like her last two lead singles.

But Rihanna only became a big deal international superstar with her 3rd album. The fame clock starts from there.

Only Girl + re-release was her Fame TFM.

Rated R was a setback, moreso than BTW.

Loud a return to glory, at least in UK.

Don't see her bouncing back to that level without some real effort and luck.

Plus Rihanna never really experienced the level of fame that Lady Gaga has. Not even close. That helps her from being overexposed. The GP probably doesn't even have any idea how many albums Rihanna has released, or even when one starts or ends, so I don't think her album count is a factor in her success.

By comparison, nearly everyone knows the difference between The Fame, The Fame Monster and Born This Way.

I think that for someone to actually have a chance at challenging Gaga's worldwide appeal, they would have to be a newcomer.

Edited by Jake1404

Americano

^^^^

I think Gaga takes longer breaks on purpose so people can see the difference between her eras, Rihanna doesnt seem to care if it all blends together

Galactic Mess

Wow, first Rihanna song I really enjoy after S&M - especially because it's different from all the indie+electronic music that has been ruling radio for months now... The melody sounds so nice, I'm definitely gonna buy it while I wait for ARTPOP =)

I agree. For Rihanna, it's been like 1 giant 2 year long era (Seeing as LOUD and TTT barely had any time in between release dates, ii would count that as 1 era, the albums are both similar in theme and structure and sound: A few dance-tracks, a few urban tracks, and a few ballads. They're carbon copies of each other). If you were to count the LOUD and TTT eras together, it seemed like 1 really successful era.

Rihanna has sold about 12-13 million albums in the last 3 years:

2009: Rated R, 3 million WW.

2010: LOUD, 6 million WW.

2011: TTT, 3 million WW.

TOTAL: 12-13 million WW since 2009.

She can rival Gaga in terms of album and single sales. Her last 3 efforts all went Platinum in the US, which is a considerable achievement in this day and age in the music industry.

Oh Lord. November 13 is going to be WW3 on the Billboard 200:

One Direction

Lil Wayne

50 Cent

Green Day

Celine Dion

Whitney's New Greatest Hits

Christina.

:giveup:

But you have to remember that The Fame and its rerelease outsold all three of Rihanna's full length post Gaga albums combined.

But speaking of album totals, where is Gaga? Around 20 million?

Edited by Jake1404

Gaga is way ahead of Rihanna when it comes to cultural splash and touring power

and i hope ARTPOP widens that gap even more

i'm not even bothered by Diamonds, it's only a cute little song. there's still a video to come but yeah

plus, her tour kicks off in early March which means only 5 months to promote the album. so here for LESS rihanna

But you have to remember that The Fame and its rerelease outsold all three of Rihanna's full length post Gaga albums combined.

But speaking of album totals, where is Gaga? Around 20 million?

I believe 20 million sold (maybe a couple mill more), 32 million shipped.

http://www.billboard.com/news#/news/pink-earns-first-no-1-album-on-billboard-1007958752.story

Pink getting her first #1 and highest opening week EVER 10+ years into her career is really impressive ... except I hear the album was discounted to $5 by Amazon.

Still, her and Britney and Beyonce are the 3 big stars left from the millennial crop of pop girls, leaving Xtina and Avril in the dust.

Americano

http://www.billboard...007958752.story

Pink getting her first #1 and highest opening week EVER 10+ years into her career is really impressive ... except I hear the album was discounted to $5 by Amazon.

Still, her and Britney and Beyonce are the 3 big stars left from the millennial crop of pop girls, leaving Xtina and Avril in the dust.

Beyonce is on some shaky ground too though