💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion

Americano

Featured Posts

Ke$ha up to #3... that single is so Flo Rida, it's annoying. They talked up her album like it'd be experiemental and have a rock influence, but the lead single is this mess.

Her voice is annoying too, but I'm not trying to drag her. Rihanna's song is very boring IMO also... I need sassy Rihanna, not uplifting Rihanna. This is a song that should have been released in late 2010/early 2011. See: Firework, Raise Your Glass, We R Who We R. Born This Way, etc. The instrumental sounds very iffy, like there is no trend setting what-so-ever. I expected Stargate to step it like Calvin did and start some sort of trend. Calvin didn't really start the "dance break" trend, but once WFL came out, that and Party Rock Anthem, electro breakdowns were so big. With this, I feel like it'll get overplayed, but be one of her weaker lead singles.

I hope Diamonds is like Just Dance and kind of takes the backseat to the 2nd single.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Ozzy8923

• Nick

Also, No Doubt's Push and Shove is in at #90. That song has so much potential, but I can't handle how jumpy it is. This era is a mess. :eww: Christina's Your Body hasn't even made the top 20 yet, so I feel there will be more of her being irrelevant. Her name just doesn't sell anymore. Let's be honest, Moves Like Jagger would have done well with or without her. :fan:

And am I the only one shocked that Zedd's single is doing so well on radio? I hope it makes top 25, that way he is even more known when Gaga's lead single comes out, if he's producing it. More promo.

^ but that was like 10 years ago. i knew they would struggle to get their fanbase back.

about 60% of Gwen's fans are not here for No Doubt

so glad Rihanna didn't go for a WFL 2.0

Diamonds is pretty decent, i like it

3. Die Young - Ke$ha

8. Diamonds - Rihanna

Your Body video is supposedly coming this friday according to Sony Italy

Edited by Math

I'm surprised No Doubt is flopping. They used to be big.

They've always struggled selling singles, but they toured a lot so they got a good cult following back in the 90s/2000s. I just expected them to smash so hard because of the wait... I guess not.

Tbh, if Settle Down was reworked and the artist was Gwen Stefani it'd be a top 10. :fan:

Hot 100

#1 Maroon 5 One More Night (=)

#2 PSY Gangnam Style (+9)

#3 Fun. Some Nights (=)

#4 Taylor Swift WANEGBT (-2)

#5 P!nk Blow Me 1LK (=)

#6 Flo Rida Whistle (-2)

#7 Justin Bieber ALAYLM (-1)

#8 Owl City + Carly Rae Jepsen Good Time (+1)

#9 Alex Clare Too Close (-1)

#10 Ellie Goulding Lights (-3)

#34 Christina Aguilera Your Body (New)

http://www.billboard...007959552.story

Edited by Magoo

hausofmike

Not only is One Directions new song horrible, the video that just broke Biebers 24 hour record is horrible

:dies:

Poor Christina even Britney's worst album and worst singles (excluding TTWE) did better.

4. Diamonds - Rihanna

Moving up fast

http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wpa/MRSS/topsongs/sf=143441/limit=100/rss.xml

StrawberryBlond

Christina must be flipping out right now. If the US can't get on board with a track, it normally doesn't do much better internationally. NMT was considered her biggest flop and yet without The Voice supporting it, no video teasers or any promotion, it peaked at #23, so if she doesn't better that position or at least tie with it with The Voice performances and promotion, I don't know what'll happen to her. I don't know if RCA would want to keep her on much longer if she continues underperforming. This is the second lead single that she didn't take part in writing, which is a sign that her label doesn't trust her to write hits anymore. The sad thing is, she's taking temporary leave from The Voice so she can focus on promoting and touring with her new album. Umm...I don't think the tour's going to happen, Christina. If her last tour got cancelled due to lack of interest, what makes her think she's going to do any better two years later? To think that we thought Bionic flopped. By the looks of things, this new record is going to make Bionic look like small fry.

I really was not impressed with Diamonds. I'm happy that Rihanna chose to sing an uplifting song and not bounce back on the dance trend. That is something I can appreciate and acknowledge. But, regardless, this is probably my least favorite lead single of hers next to Russian Roulette (I love that song too! But I didn't see it as lead single material). The song itself is too mellow for my taste. I really never cared for laid back music. I always loved dance music. Among from this, I really thought she sounded like Lana Del Rey in the way she pronounced some of the phrases. The very moment she started singing LDR came to mind.

Top 5 for this song is guaranteed, though.