• Created
  • Last Reply
HoneyB

Top 3 is:

Cinnamon Gorl

How to Disappear

Bartender

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2923cfd4a789c3cfe5a8

It's hard for me to get into Lana, I have to be super sad to consider listening to her akskdjskal it gets emotionally exhausting:nooo:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

FfFfFfFF

#11 | The Next Best American Record

tnbar.png

AVERAGE: 7,78

HIGHEST SCORE: 11 from @Sneaky

LOWEST SCORE: 0 from @TMM90

COMMENTS

@Loeppke A good nod to the demo that we've had for years, but the change of lyrics changed the whole thing for me. I prefer the original point of view from the demo, but this one is still nice to have, I guess..

@Enzo my second fav  

she destroyed me with this one

@RudraCNG Architecture was better but I love it anyway

@geopang was not needed on this album

@littlepotter Listen here. I hated this song - no, I loathed it, when I first heard it. How DARE she change the lyrics from the haunting, shady 'you did it all for fame' to whatever underwhelming trashy non-rhyming mess she was spewing right into my ears. I was so pissed and refused to listen to it - I'd just go listen to the original BAR whenever it came on. But I have to say it one me over, because it really does fit the theme of the album more. I began not minding the 'it was just that good', being more forgiving about her ruining the fluidity with which she hit that last note on the second time she said "we were so obseEssed with writing the neExt best" in the prechorus (does anyone know what I'm talking about? please tell me you do), growing fond of the playful 'i'm taking off my bathing suit', and finally realized that the last chorus hits SO much harder than the initial version - the production was slightly but effectively amped up and I loved hearing the smothered souls attempt to escape whatever was holding them in that glass jar which shattered. I'm giving this a 10 despite it's flaws because i have to admit it won me over.

@HausOfHarlowYou really can't go wrong with this one. Slightly filler feeling, but still a great track. I LOVE Long tracks!

@dllcll This is certainly not the next best american record…

@Andreu whew one of her best songs

@ryansamonsterThis song actually lived up to the hype and I’m HERE for it. 70s in spirit, 90s in his frame of mind!!!

@Lona DeleryThe lyrical changes from the demo are so-so for me. I love that the chorus is not a repetitive mess anymore, but I wish shed kept the outro. Really like the song tho and prefer it over the demo.

@AmphetamineGets way too much hate. Unpopular opinion but I like it better than the demo version, the chorus flows more smoothly. 

@DavianGreat production! The breaking glass was f*cking awesome 

@Ally Campana Another gem. But I can’t help but think the initially leaked version was better.

@Katherine Curious to think it was one of my favorite unreleased songs, yet the new lyrics kinda ruin the experience for me... Hence why I try not to listen to it, but at the same time not skip it either.

@Ployd It definitely is a good song but It does sound like what it is which is a LFL redo.

@FfFfFfFF Probably an unpopular opinion but I find the chorus in the version to hit harder than it did in the 2017 version. Of course, after being fed up to the old version for years the new version sounds weird and butched as you keep listening you accommodate with the changes. The bridge and melody remains as great as in the 2017 version.

@ChavaWM I love the demo and I still cant get into the chorus change

@ice bear yall boring with the dEmO vErSiOn, it's virtually the same, just get used to hearing a few different words ugh

@swakby Sounds straight out of Lust For Life’s weaker moments. You could easily place it between Heroin and Change. A decent yet filler track. 

@huttont a little too long but I love how thematic it is

@Sneaky Oliver It's not bad but I wish it wasn't included in the album. It doesn't add anything interesting or new, really.

@Nirvana Yes the demo is better and I relate to it more, but this has grown on me a lot. She had to change the lyrics since she's not that bitter anymore... Chorus is Lana dreaming and idealizing the past relationship, the verses are the reality that it's all over.

@TMM90 Getting tired of her love for the US

FfFfFfFF
Just now, Talenti said:

Top 3 is:

Cinnamon Gorl

How to Disappear

Bartender

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2923cfd4a789c3cfe5a8

It's hard for me to get into Lana, I have to be super sad to consider listening to her akskdjskal it gets emotionally exhausting:nooo:

2 are already out

giphy.gif

You all weren't ready for the next best American record 

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Bubblegum Bitch

The strange thing is that I'm listening to this song right now. :gum:

We should call Fox Mulder and Scully. 

DelusionalGaga

I'm shooketh at how people keep handing out zeros. I know not every song on the album can be perfect but honestly have you heard a 0/0 song in your life before? 

tumblr_nzh36qhZfO1tt9lrzo7_500.gif

HoneyB
1 minute ago, FfFfFfFF said:

2 are already out

giphy.gif

Well that’s my cue to go

giphy.gif

I thought LDR stans had taste but oh well

giphy.gif

Cinnamon Girl will win though I’m sure of it

giphy.gif

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪