Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
lgbt

Uganda to resurrect “Kill the Gays” bill

Featured Posts

nswain1110

It's the responsibility of the rest of the world to stop this - the right to live and be treated equal is a fundamental human right. If other countries are going to kill their citizens just for being who they are, we as a society have to step in. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BornAsUnic0rn
1 hour ago, RahrahWitch said:

I hate this planet sometimes :saladga:  

The planet isn’t the problem. Mankind and humanity is.

• Thanks 1

PartySick

I still don't know why they hate gays. It all boils down to misinformation and corruption.

#KeepAmericaGreatAgain 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

GhettoFabulous
2 hours ago, hankhatesyouall said:

But then you scream "racist white gays" when you call out homophobia in African countries. This is tragic. 

:shrug:just say you’re a racist and go 

This is so disgusting and backwards :madge: like gays should be the least of their worries rn :madge: honestly homophobia is a disease 

LG6 is NEVER coming
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Judicorn

As an African, it hurts to see my queer family threatened like this. I’m grateful to live in a country that has full legal protection for LGBT+ people.

Homophobia is a major issue here but on a positive note, there is progress. Several countries have decriminalized homosexuality over the past few years. A lot of the countries are in a state of limbo but things are changing.

If you are interested in helping, the best way to help is to to donate money to LGBT African NGO’s it share the work they are doing if you don’t have the means. Given our history of colonialism, we don’t react well to political pressure from western countries and just gives ammunition to the common homophobic trope that homosexuality  is a western concept and ‘UnAfrican’. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Alii
3 hours ago, Economy said:

So theres Saudi Arabia and now Uganda again...

where else does this happen?

Iran. 

Look up “Mohsen Lorestani.” But these are the countries that actually execute. Many others only jail. 

HeavyCapiLover

And the worst in all of this is that a lot of these african countries where homosexuality is illegal, those horrible laws directly come from colonialism when europeans came and brought theire abusive religious values. There was some populations where homosexuality was not a problem before colonisation. 

But overall we also must admit that some progress have been made those past years in a lot of countries even in Africa. The number of countries decriminalising it is rising, sadly this bill in Uganda is not a surprise, this is one of the worst country for lgbt people to live in since a long time. And we should remember that, not so long, in western countries, we were considered as mentally ill, perverts, deviant, etc. 

• Thanks 1

Economy
1 hour ago, Alii said:

Iran. 

Look up “Mohsen Lorestani.” But these are the countries that actually execute. Many others only jail. 

I know many jail. I meant actual execution

yeah thats right Iran as well

jacs vs looser
3 hours ago, nswain1110 said:

It's the responsibility of the rest of the world to stop this - the right to live and be treated equal is a fundamental human right. If other countries are going to kill their citizens just for being who they are, we as a society have to step in. 

Exactly. I really hope light can be shed on this issue internationally and preassure stops them from going through with this.

Nightwing

Why is one of the poorest and nastiest nations in the world making this one of their concerns? That's a legitimate question that the world needs to ask them. Like, are you really making that a priority?

If this passes, any type of aid that country gets needs to be cut off. Otherwise, in my opinion, it's being condoned.

Sugar Baby
37 minutes ago, Nightwing said:

Why is one of the poorest and nastiest nations in the world making this one of their concerns? That's a legitimate question that the world needs to ask them. Like, are you really making that a priority?

If this passes, any type of aid that country gets needs to be cut off. Otherwise, in my opinion, it's being condoned.

Since the beginning Of time any nation that struggles likes to blame a small population to all of their problems and homosexuals and Jews have always been the most common victims 

usually a nation and its people are more progressive and open minded when their economy and lives are doing good 

Taylucifer

Uganda has announced they have plans to reintroduce a bill which would literally kill any gays

The same legislation was removed five years ago, but the government now plans on reintroducing the law within weeks. It is already a crime to be gay in Uganda this new law will bring death to many people who partake in sexual activity with those of the same sex. Currently anyone who partakes in sexual activity with those of the same sex can be penalised to life in jail. The bill will be reintroduced in parliament in the coming weeks and then voted on by the end of the year(where it will most likely pass and become a law). 

sources (with more info) here and here

So yeah, thats one thing that's one more thing messed up in our world today. Wouldn't it be nice if instead of politicians prosecuting gays they focused on actual issues like climate change for instance:saladga:

• Sad 2