Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Katy will release an album if there is a demand for one

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

If it has few jams and the rest is just filler tracks just to make an album no thanks...

I want something different from her this time, to see if she can deliver. She already has some pop anthems but she can't keep using the same recipe...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

Well nobody wants these flash in a pan throwaway singles she's releasing, so why would people want a whole album? 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

JohnnyVersace

Kind of sad that she'll only put it out if someone begs her. Like if you believe in it, and it's quality, just release it. 

• Admin changed the title to Katy will release an album if there is a demand for one

This is... kind of sad? Like, her writing isn't bad, and she can really create good pop music. 

I hope she changes her mindset and creates music that she wants to, and releases it when she wants to.

3 points in and ready for more

ElectricKing
1 hour ago, JohnnyVersace said:

Kind of sad that she'll only put it out if someone begs her. Like if you believe in it, and it's quality, just release it. 

I agree, but this is not how the music business works. Her record label will ban her from releasing anything if they think it's going to flop.

This is the same woman that 7 years ago was the biggest female artist out there, so their expectations of her are still going to be high.

SPARTACUS

Who ever thought this day would come.   I, for one, have not forgotten the early 2010s when it was "First female with 5 #1s from an album!  Queen!  LEGEND!  Female MJ!  Longevity!  Invincible!"  Oh how things can change eh? :trollga:

That's why I find it so comical when Camilla, Ariana, Cardi, Lil Nas and Lizzo stans become so arrogant.  Didn't you get the memo?

tumblr_px7yy2OtL31xmo1c7o1_250.gif

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

StrawberryBlond

Sad that she's basing it all on how strong her fanbase is. Someone who gains new subscribers at the rate she has for years shouldn't have a thing to worry about which proves that the vast majority is likely fake. I mean, she keeps gaining thousands of new ones for the last two years even though her success has dwindled. Someone with over 35 million subscribers should not feel like their fanbase isn't strong enough to release a new album, so something's afoot. Capitol are probably putting the pressure on her to succeed by the sounds of it. To go from where she was to her label having no faith in her is more than a bit sad.

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Who ever thought this day would come.   I, for one, have not forgotten the early 2010s when it was "First female with 5 #1s from an album!  Queen!  LEGEND!  Female MJ!  Longevity!  Invincible!"  Oh how things can change eh? :trollga:

That's why I find it so comical when Camilla, Ariana, Cardi, Lil Nas and Lizzo stans become so arrogant.  Didn't you get the memo?

tumblr_px7yy2OtL31xmo1c7o1_250.gif

Thinking the same thing. I knew this day would come but I didn't think it would be so soon after her last 2 albums success. The more I look at it, her career reminds me a bit of Paula Abdul's. Her debut album produced 4 #1's and a top ten and her second album had 2 #1's, a top ten and 2 top 20's, which is very similar to Katy's TD and Prism cycles. But then her third album went disastrously wrong, with only 1 top 40, 1 top 100 and another single that failed to chart. She gave up music immediately after that. I don't understand how someone who was that huge could go from hero to zero but it happens, more than you'd think. Similar career trajectories include Cyndi Lauper, Shania Twain and Christina Aguilera. I've noticed that those who have massively huge albums very early in their careers tend to burn out the quickest. It's like the public likes them too much and then gets bored just as quickly. The ones who had a slow but steady career are the ones still going.

And I'm with you when you say that the fans of all these new stars don't seem to have any sense of what could be about to befall them. Haven't they not done their pop history? Even the biggest names hit a bump in the road at the 10 year mark if not before and the average artist who makes a name for themselves pretty much start fading after 3 albums. The younger generations are under the impression that artists are here to stay once they've had one hit or something. Its never been like that.

misunderstood
5 hours ago, RockShow said:

But no one wants it :oops:

The way y'all use "nO OnE" is so pathetic and cringey. She still has a fanbase I'm sure they want the album.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

SPARTACUS
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Sad that she's basing it all on how strong her fanbase is. Someone who gains new subscribers at the rate she has for years shouldn't have a thing to worry about which proves that the vast majority is likely fake. I mean, she keeps gaining thousands of new ones for the last two years even though her success has dwindled. Someone with over 35 million subscribers should not feel like their fanbase isn't strong enough to release a new album, so something's afoot. Capitol are probably putting the pressure on her to succeed by the sounds of it. To go from where she was to her label having no faith in her is more than a bit sad.

Thinking the same thing. I knew this day would come but I didn't think it would be so soon after her last 2 albums success. The more I look at it, her career reminds me a bit of Paula Abdul's. Her debut album produced 4 #1's and a top ten and her second album had 2 #1's, a top ten and 2 top 20's, which is very similar to Katy's TD and Prism cycles. But then her third album went disastrously wrong, with only 1 top 40, 1 top 100 and another single that failed to chart. She gave up music immediately after that. I don't understand how someone who was that huge could go from hero to zero but it happens, more than you'd think. Similar career trajectories include Cyndi Lauper, Shania Twain and Christina Aguilera. I've noticed that those who have massively huge albums very early in their careers tend to burn out the quickest. It's like the public likes them too much and then gets bored just as quickly. The ones who had a slow but steady career are the ones still going.

And I'm with you when you say that the fans of all these new stars don't seem to have any sense of what could be about to befall them. Haven't they not done their pop history? Even the biggest names hit a bump in the road at the 10 year mark if not before and the average artist who makes a name for themselves pretty much start fading after 3 albums. The younger generations are under the impression that artists are here to stay once they've had one hit or something. Its never been like that.

The tea, the tea, the tea!

tumblr_py1w12xohr1xmo1c7o1_500.gifv

Although Shania is kinda a different story imo.  I think she'd still be selling like she did in 2002, but she made the mistake of taking a 15 year hiatus, and even worse, returned with a sound and image that really wasn't at all reminiscent of the Shania everyone fell in love with.

That lead single's theme didn't help either...

The song is about Shania's marriage failing...

On May 15, 2008, it was announced that Shania Twain and husband Mutt Lange were separating after Lange allegedly had an affair with Twain's best friend, Marie-Anne Thiébaud. Their divorce was finalized on June 9, 2010.  On December 20, 2010, it was reported that Twain was engaged to Swiss Nestlé executive Frédéric Thiébaud, the ex-husband of Marie-Anne. They were married on January 1, 2011, in Rincón, Puerto Rico.

The DRAMA! :popcorn:

If she had released this song right before marrying Frédéric the lyrics would've made sense and the public would've ate it up.  But to release it 9 years AFTER your separation... the GP was like, "Why are you still talking about this like it's fresh, when clearly you and Mutt moved on YEARS ago?" :laughga:

Sorry for going off topic. :lolga:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

Archived