Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Marvel is Considering Casting POC for Professor X and Magneto in the MCU

lego

Featured Posts

well... you know.. it's a different earth, different timeline, so yes there could be Black German Jews in the Holocaust in that earth and that timeline, they have Wakanda after all, you just need to open a bit your mind to more creative stories that changing a bit the history and the origins of the characters.

No one complained about Glorious Bastards when it was not accurate to the history.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
1 minute ago, Melech said:

They've changed stories in the MCU before, and if  they do decide to have Magneto be represented by a POC, I'm sure they'll have no problem changing parts of his story too.

Look, personally, I would rather them not change his origin, but if  they are going this direction with his character, I'd be fine with it. 

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

I don't have any opinion about this but it makes sense. With WW2 getting further and further away, having a holocaust survivor as a major villain for the x-men will be hard. They could focus on other terrible tragedies... Apartheid maybe... But it's not the same. 

Honestly, I hoped that og actors will play them 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

1 hour ago, lego said:

Nick Fury character was white in the comics and now most fans could never imagine better person that Sam Jackson playing him

Exactly. Nobody ever talks about this lol. The whole "why not hire a good actor instead of one because of their race!" thing is such a weak argument and SLJ as Fury is a perfect example of that. Marvel does hire good actors.

People complain about the mere thought of a character being a different race from the comics (as if what they really care about is comic book accuracy... eye roll) when they literally had this from the very first movie of the MCU. I really don't think it's as deep as people try to make it when they see headlines like this.

In terms of Magneto and his Jewish background, I don't know an awful lot about that so I can't really say how I feel. I guess if that's an important part of his story it seems like a weird thing to erase when there is like no Jewish representation in the MCU.

Keeping old actors for X-Men? God, please no. Those movies are too recent. I really think it would just be better to start afresh. But I'd be happy not seeing them in the MCU for a little while yet.

geusst1235
3 hours ago, lego said:

Nick Fury character was white in the comics and now most fans could never imagine better person that Sam Jackson playing him

Nick Fury was black in the Ultimate Universe (basically the second main universe they used alongside the OG one) wayyyy before the MCU existed. He was actually designed to look like Samuel Jackson years before he got cast as the character as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Fury_(Ultimate_Marvel_character)

UltimateNickFury.jpg

17 minutes ago, HangWang said:

Nick Fury was black in the Ultimate Universe (basically the second main universe they used alongside the OG one) wayyyy before the MCU existed. He was actually designed to look like Samuel Jackson years before he got cast as the characfer as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Fury_(Ultimate_Marvel_character)

UltimateNickFury.jpg

Yes, but before that,

NICK FURY main universe from 1963

1829615-nickfury_main.jpg

675195.jpg

NICK FURY (film 1998)

545889-fury_03.jpg

545888-fury_02.jpg

p25476_v_v8_aa.jpg

FreePalestine

Lextyr97

I don't like that they're going out of their way to make these movies diverse. Just give it to the deserving talent, and don't discriminate? Whether they're black, white, spanish, portuguese, asian, who cares. Just give it to the deserving and don't diversify just to look good. 

1 minute ago, TylerBR97 said:

I don't like that they're going out of their way to make these movies diverse. Just give it to the deserving talent, and don't discriminate? Whether they're black, white, spanish, portuguese, asian, who cares. Just give it to the deserving and don't diversify just to look good. 

I mean this is purely speculative. I see diversity as a positive. I don't think you really believe that they'd give a role in such a big film universe to someone purely because of their race even if they weren't any good as the character lol. Opening up the opportunities is a big deal. It's not by coincidence that most of these characters are white.

Lextyr97
2 minutes ago, Harry said:

I mean this is purely speculative. I see diversity as a positive. I don't think you really believe that they'd give a role in such a big film universe to someone purely because of their race even if they weren't any good as the character lol. Opening up the opportunities is a big deal. It's not by coincidence that most of these characters are white.

I mean I’m all for diversity but I don’t like diversity for the sake of diversity you know? That’s all haha it just seems so disingenuous 

A Hybrid
2 hours ago, Melech said:

Magneto is german jewish. It’s part of his idenity. Unless you count Ashkenazi Jews as Poc.

dont take one of the few roles we have in the Marcel universe 

Exactly, imagine the interaction with Bucky :giveup:

they can do whatever they want with Professor X though, just apply the same to Juggernaut

No family’s safe when I sashay

6 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

I mean I’m all for diversity but I don’t like diversity for the sake of diversity you know? That’s all haha it just seems so disingenuous 

So what would be diversity not for... the sake of diversity? What could they do that wouldn't be disingenuous? It seems like an impossible battle to win if that is how these kind of moves are received.

For people who are saying, cast a talented one, don’t look at race; who can actually claim that they gave equal opportunity to great actors from all races and ethnicities 20 years ago when this franchise started? It’s naive to think they didn’t have in mind 2 white guys for these roles. They just didn’t say it. So why is it today, this seems “forced”, but back then it wasn’t? Why is it accepted as default when characters are white? 

FreePalestine

Archived