💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Sam Smith changes their pronouns to they/them

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

30 minutes ago, ashae said:

Y’all really can’t just be decent human beings? Like you say it’s so hard to understand or it’s so confusing but literally just refer to them as they instead of he or she. If you speak another language, just don’t use pronouns they literally are unnecessary just simplified ways of reference. If you can’t take the minimal amount of effort to respect someone’s wishes, you aren’t confused you’re just transphobic.

Non-binary : a spectrum of gender identities that are not exclusively masculine or exclusively feminine‍

Transexual: a person who emotionally and psychologically feels that they belong to the opposite sex.

I dont know how being non-binary has been mixed with being a trans. I mean by definition, they are contrary to each other....

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interlude

As a fellow non-binary person I'm proud of them for being brave enough to come out and explore their gender identity openly.

I will however, try my best to not read through this thread as I feel like it will be extremely triggering to read people insulting Sam and the greater non-binary community by not understanding it and invalidating our existence. If that applies please have a little respect and do some research. Gender beyond the binary is not extremely confusing like most would believe. Or by having a little consideration and not letting your ignorance show by saying horrible remarks that make people who identify this feel absolutely horrible.

Fellow LGBTQ people should know better.

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

ear condom
49 minutes ago, High King said:

Isn’t “he/him” the proper term for a guy like Sam Smith?

anigif_sub-buzz-1128-1527869129-2.gif

Giorno Giovanna

cool for him Happy Days Yes GIF by CBS All Access

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

Giorno Giovanna
1 minute ago, alextruper17 said:

Them :excuseu:

oh wait... Bette Davis Lol GIF by O&O, Inc

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

devilrhino

Just to confirm, I am in NO WAY transphobic. I have trans friends who I LOVE completely and respect! I can see how my wording may have came across, which was insensitive of me. I still stand by though that he comes across as attention seeking even through his social media and past posts generally etc.... apologies! 

SUPPORT THE TRANS COMMUNITY ALWAYS!! ❤🧡💛💚💙

I think a lot of prejudice is  because non-binary is "stereotypically" applied and taken on by someone that looks androgynous (which in some cases is the result in them feeling in between genders so therefore that's how they choose to look), you only have to google "non-binary person" to see that. Sam doesn't stereotypically look like what people expect non-binary to be. 

4 hours ago, 2School4Cool said:

The snowflake and dog analogy is not accurate at all. They’re a human being, not an animal or object. They just wish to be referred to a certain way.

Gender identity does not have anything to do with how someone looks. The terms “sex” and “gender” are biologically different and differ in definition. Sex = how someone is labeled at birth based on reproductive organs. Gender = how someone identifies on the inside. If someone identifies as he, she, they, etc. it has nothing to do with how they look.

And someone who identifies as gender fluid can’t change that they were born this way either, but so many people just dismiss them because they don’t understand. Any inconsistency comes from the fact that lots of people identify differently. No one is asking to set aside all global issues to focus on this one thing, it’s simply about respecting people at the most basic human level. If someone asks to be addressed a certain way, all they’re asking is that you do your best to respect that. It may seem unnecessary to someone who doesn’t identify that way, but for them it’s simply about being addressed as they wish, and that’s not unnecessary at all. It takes more energy to fight against that than it does to just call them what they want to be called. 

I’m not trying to argue or fight, I’m just sharing how I feel on the issue.

The reason you are called he or she is defined by your sex organs. Sam smith is still a he. Like it or not. He is a biological man. It's stupid to choose pronouns. 

Giorno Giovanna
4 minutes ago, Akiki said:

The reason you are called he or she is defined by your sex organs. Sam smith is still a he. Like it or not. He is a biological man. It's stupid to choose pronouns. 

so you call a trans person also according to their genes rather than what they switched to? 

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

43 minutes ago, ToughHooker said:

so you call a trans person also according to their genes rather than what they switched to? 

Till surgery they are what they are. No one can change that. If they switch they switch. 

I call them based on appearance and aparent sex. Im not going to ask them to show me their penis and vaginas. 

Now, Sam smith looks like a man and he has a male sexual organ. If he doesnt feel like a man he can change them. But calling himself they them is ridículous. 

Also, Man can be feminine and woman can be masculine no need to make this crap of non binary like it's something special. It isn't. Non binary hurt the LGBT including the trans people. 

ltlmnstr
23 hours ago, aaron l said:

Oh wow people I actually have liked on here for a long time are actual trash. :rip:

Keep this post as a list!

The ignore function is your friend.

27monster27
5 hours ago, Tokyo said:

As a fellow non-binary person I'm proud of them for being brave enough to come out and explore their gender identity openly.

I will however, try my best to not read through this thread as I feel like it will be extremely triggering to read people insulting Sam and the greater non-binary community by not understanding it and invalidating our existence. If that applies please have a little respect and do some research. Gender beyond the binary is not extremely confusing like most would believe. Or by having a little consideration and not letting your ignorance show by saying horrible remarks that make people who identify this feel absolutely horrible.

Fellow LGBTQ people should know better.

THIS.

I will never understand why people have difficulty with understanding people that are nonbinary. Sex and gender are different things, with sex being biological and gender being sociological, this fact alone should make people be able to understand what being nonbinary is, and why it should be accepted and not hated on.

he/him/his

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived