new video

Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, Lana Del Rey - Don’t Call Me Angel

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saint Gaga

This is gonna flop hard. Everyone is hating on it. Most of the YouTube comments are about "__ saved the song" by all 3 fandoms.

Insecure gays will make this song tank hard. 

gagaisitalian

Love the song and video. Feel like I'm listening to something different than everyone that's hating on it.

FentyGa
2 minutes ago, gagaisitalian said:

Love the song and video. Feel like I'm listening to something different than everyone that's hating on it.

Word oh my god

it sounds perfect to me

great video but bad song

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

gagaisitalian
8 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

Word oh my god

it sounds perfect to me

Literally...I don't get the hate.

To my ears, each girl gets to shine and it's still coherent which is surprising. Lana's part is obviously "out of place" but it's the bridge of the song so a change in tempo seems perfectly welcome to me.

StarryNight

I expected worse after reading some GGD comments, I mean it's nothing revolutionary but the song is  not that bad either. :interestinga:

Lord Temptation
29 minutes ago, Glitter Way said:

The chorus sounds "anticlimactic" if that makes sense. Like something is missing in the instrumental.

The whole thing feels empty :saladga:

Dominic

I love it. Had the chorus in my head all day. I hope Ari performs it tomorrow, I'd die. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

I haven't watched the video yet, but honestly hearing the snippet originally I thought it was going to be completely different song. It sounded like a different tempo of Mother's Daughter. I thought the lyrics were going to flow a little bit better.

Now actually hearing the song, it's kind of messy. They're trying to mix all the genres these 3 do, together, and it just kind of sounds off. I still like the song though :ladyhaha:

CautiousLurker

*sigh* idk

I don't even think this is badly done, on the surface everything works, but... the song and the video both - I can't help but find the whole thing tacky... Everything about this has the 2000s pop girl band feel, and not in a good way...

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I was literally rolling my eyes when I saw that shot where she throws the knife and it lands on the crotch - I get it, they're supposed to look 'badass' and stuff... as communicated by the shots of them all glammed up and gyrating... as badass women do... and of course they opted out of having any actual choreo and just rely on camera moves and cuts cuz it's easy...

I guess that's my problem with this - it doesn't feel like much effort went into the whole thing, and the result is... fine... but there's nothing particularly interesting about it :noparty:

zebrastripes

I was excited for 11pm last night then... Found it to just be okay.

The only thing though is I don't know why people are hating on Lana's part so far. She did fine.

Plus love some of the gaga-type comments. ("Don't call me Gaga," "Call me legs. In the morning, buy me eggs," etc)

Friday The 13Th GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Bad Kids

giphy.gif

And when you say my name, like white horses on the waves, I think it feels the same, as an ocean in my veins.

Archived