LOVE THIS SONG SO ****ING MUCH

THE DANCE BREAK MAKES ME NOSTALGIC BUT ALSO PRESENT

I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER IN OCTOBER!

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pitchfork gave it a 7.8. Quite decent if you ask me, but I somehow expected better. 

I am yet to listen to the full album. 

bornthisway51

You guys really hyped me up for this album but so far I'm really struggling to get into the new material... :confused: I'm sad. Maybe the second half is better than Warm, Click & Thoughts...

Next Level Charli is genius ugh her mind it's one chorus after another it's pop maximalism at its finest!

Gone is straight up perfect. It's got the most satisfying and fresh sounding pop melody with the most bangin synths of ever

Click is just so powerful. Dylan Brady and Umru knew exactly what they were doing when they made this. Our wigs were targeted from the beginning. Oh and Kim ****ing destroys her verse.

I Don't Wanna Know has such a nice melody it makes me feel like i'm in space

Shake It has the most energy. The repeated vocals with changing effects in between absolutely massive verses is just so sick. I cannot wait for this one live.

In February 2017, Charli is like 'bitch, here's a beautiful pop banger but only half of it.' And i'll eat my portion.

2099 is literally the perfect closer. It could be cringe, her calling her music futuristic, but they pull it off big time. It's genuinely interesting production in these songs. The sound design is so good! 

I'm stoned :vegas:

Tom Bradley

So... I was originally worried about the album release as I hadn't LOVED the singles as much as I'd hoped. The songs were good, but they were all forgettable IMO (apart from 2099). As a massive Charli stan, I was annoyed that I wasn't vibing with it more.

HOWEVER , after listening to the album all the way through, it all seems to make a lot more sense as a body of work and I really, really love it.

Next Level Charli is the perfect album opener. The song is pure euphoria and the non-stop format of the song is so unique, but works so well as an introduction to the rest of the album. This one is going to be amazing live & I can't wait to see it. I almost cried listening to it for the first time lmao :messga:

Another highlight for me is Click. On first listen, I wasn't sure because it is so experimental, but the production :saladga: is :saladga: insane :saladga:. The bass when Kim's verse starts gives me chills and I love Tommy Cash on this track. The production on this track is definitely what makes it a stand-out. I still can't get over it.

Silver Cross ... just wow. Pure pop perfection. This track is so perfectly made that I still can't find a flaw in it. The chorus and the build ups are outstanding. Definitely a career highlight for Charli.

I don't wanna know - this one makes me feel like I am lying on the moon staring at the stars. This song feels so nostalgic yet SO futuristic at the same time. This song shows exactly why Charli is such an amazing artist. THE VERSATILITY. I want to drive along a highway in a convertible listening to this one.

SHAKE IT - this track really is a trip. Feels like 5 songs crammed into one track and the energy is hella chaotic. But I love it SO much. The vocal effects are insane and feel like ASMR, along with the whispers on Cupcakke's verse - an eargasm. Big Freedia's verse is so powerful and makes me want to dance like a maniac lol. The way the production changes for each feature is GENIUS. One of my favourite produced tracks EVER.

My holy trinity:

1. Next Level Charli

2. Silver Cross

3. Shake it/Click

Overall, this album is probably my favourite of Charli's so far and she has successfully shown why she is such an important artist in today's pop climate. To create your own lane and give the gays experimental, futuristic, pop music alongside the banging, easy to listen to bops that we love, really sets Charli apart from the rest.

9/10.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk ya'll :vegas:

not Chromatica

But in all seriousness, stanning her has been so gratifying. Like, no awful silence periods, no waiting years between releases, etc. Not that there's anything bad with that, every artist is entitled to their own (s)pace but for a stan it can be excruciating (something we're quite familiar with lol). She had only teased this album for like 6 months, and had been feeding us with 7 singles prior to the album release. Even between Pop 2 and Charli  she was releasing stand-alone singles and she's been releasing stuff consistently throughout her entire career. But the point isn't even the quantity; she's blessed us with ever-evolving music that has changed the pop landscape by constantly challenging and subverting it. I could go on about this forever but I'm gonna end on this note: This album really sounds like the future of pop and I'm excited to see where she takes us next. It's also made my wait for LG6 easily bearable.

aaron l

Can't wait to see this album live omfg

the singles I didn't care for are flawless in the entirety of the album :messga:

Next Level Charli & Click :messga:

Archived