Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

Same-sex penguin couple raising genderless chick

Featured Posts

Faysalaaa
6 minutes ago, uo111 said:

Except that's literally the opposite of what is happening.

Unless you are a biologist, it's not relevant in any way. Gendering animals is that actual projection.

Well I dont believe in gender or that its a social construct. You are your sex, and you are allowed to express yourself and feel however you want but you are still a man if you have a penis and a woman if you have a vagina. Unless you are transgender witch is another issue.

PhillipBagshaw

I think that gender politics are very important to humans, but mean literally nothing to penguins. 

dancewithnobody
22 hours ago, OMonster said:

I just did. 

It's still a total construction. 

A penguin is a male penguin or a female one. 

Not naming a penguin doesn't negate its gender. 

It's applying a human construction onto an animal... which is just weird tbh.

I guess they did it for tourists and mass media, basically they just don't wanna uncover whether penguin is a male or a female one. 

Gracious Gaga
19 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

Well I dont believe in gender or that its a social construct. You are your sex, and you are allowed to express yourself and feel however you want but you are still a man if you have a penis and a woman if you have a vagina. Unless you are transgender witch is another issue.

Instead of man and woman you should be using terms like male and female.  Man and woman = gender.  Male and female = sex.:kara:

Edited by Gracious Gaga
xoxo gracious gaga

Economy
On 9/10/2019 at 5:55 PM, Bear said:

Cute, but I can't help feeling this is detrimental to moving ideas forward?

We understand gender as a social construct and it's not something penguins have any awareness of. I don't see the point of doing this other than to create a sensational story to just draw promo and headlines for this aquarium :shrug: and in the long run is gunna be used by certain groups of people to make a mockery out of anyone who isn't cisgendered.

Like when people did the whole "I iDeNtIfY aS aN AtTaCk HeLiCoPtEr" thing, now they can make comments about how even penguins can be non-binary blah blah. I guess what I'm saying is it trivialises something serious and real into something gimmicky for the sake of profit?

Maybe I'm being to negative :selena:

I agree its stupid. Animals dont have these constructs so its just their biological sex which they simply are choosing not to reveal

like this is so pointless lmao