Jump to content
society

Same-sex penguin couple raising genderless chick


Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, PunkTheFunk said:

It doesn't matter, they all taste the same

It doesn't matter if they taste the same 

Just capital H I M

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cute, but I can't help feeling this is detrimental to moving ideas forward?

We understand gender as a social construct and it's not something penguins have any awareness of. I don't see the point of doing this other than to create a sensational story to just draw promo and headlines for this aquarium :shrug: and in the long run is gunna be used by certain groups of people to make a mockery out of anyone who isn't cisgendered.

Like when people did the whole "I iDeNtIfY aS aN AtTaCk HeLiCoPtEr" thing, now they can make comments about how even penguins can be non-binary blah blah. I guess what I'm saying is it trivialises something serious and real into something gimmicky for the sake of profit?

Maybe I'm being to negative :selena:

Link to post
Share on other sites

DeleteMyAccount
42 minutes ago, OMonster said:

I just did. 

It's still a total construction. 

A penguin is a male penguin or a female one. 

Not naming a penguin doesn't negate its gender. 

It's applying a human construction onto an animal... which is just weird tbh.

Applying human construction to these animals is putting them in zoos in the first place.... "Genderless" is completely normal in the animal kingdom as animals have to adapt anyway... Of course sex is significant, but it's actually a good thing imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Just humans projecting their politics and feelings on animals.  

Well this is the opposite of what is happening here.

They just aren't telling you the penguins gender. The fact that your brain can't comprehend gender not being important is the societal problem here. Not telling you the gender of the penguin is not a problem at all until you get mad about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, uo111 said:

Well this is the opposite of what is happening here.

They just aren't telling you the penguins gender. The fact that your brain can't comprehend gender not being important is the societal problem here. Not telling you the gender of the penguin is not a problem at all until you get mad about it.

I did not say its a problem that they arent telling me the gender of an animal, I simply said they are doing it to project on animals.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Genderless lmao. Okay. Animals have no concept of gender, they just are what they are. 

Also I think it's cool that a lot of zoos are advertising their same-sex penguin parent pairs as a LGBT celebration :) It's pretty common for penguins and happening at all sorts of zoos around the world! I think my po-dunk town got our first Penguin Gaybie recently too and it was a big party

My old cat is a tough man, but i cant deny the way he bites my hand and he stabs me, he grabs me by my heart <3
Link to post
Share on other sites

TimisaMonster

Now this is stupid and just a PR stunt to get people to visit the damn zoo...

A penguin isnt aware of genders and sexuality terms...flops...they arent humans who make up sh*t

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Altair said:

Y’all get mad over this but attack me when I call Madonna a grandma. 

Yall childish 🙄

I mean idk what you’re referring to, but as far as I know none of her kids have kids so she isn’t a grandmother. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

StarstruckIllusion

Umm... can animals even have gender identity? Gender dysphoria? Why even do this if it’s not proven. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we not allowed happy senseless fluff pieces?

The entire news is about the world ending.

Let us have our lgbtqia penguins!

All of you

source.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

I did not say its a problem that they arent telling me the gender of an animal, I simply said they are doing it to project on animals.

Except that's literally the opposite of what is happening.

Unless you are a biologist, it's not relevant in any way. Gendering animals is that actual projection.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...