- Tropico

:gum:

the holy trilogy :bradley:

where's btd tho?Ā 

šŸ‡ÆšŸ‡µ

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iā€™m now scared for my personal number one, thereā€™s still time to serve corruption and give it its deserved top-spot, for clear skin.

258e8f8b-72e0-49a7-a16ejq5.gif

Jk, itā€™s a great top 3 either way.

Ā 

Ā 

FfFfFfFF

#3 |ļ»æ National Anthem

source.gif

AVERAGE: 9,66

HIGHEST SCORE: 11 from @LazyTurtle

LOWEST SCORE:Ā 8 from @SneakyĀ and @FfFfFfFF

COMMENTS

@MiichaelĀ So well made and the storyline is absolutely amazing. It has that classic Lana vibe of the BTD era, channelling the era of the 60ā€™s and it is so well done.

@Sneaky OliverĀ Lana is giving us a chance to sneak into the lives of very controversial figures. It's like a juxtaposition of their intimate/private versus public lives. It questions us how little we actually know about those mega-famous personas. This video has another level of cinematography, it could have been a whole film tbh. The monologue at the end showcases her writing abilities and how deeply and wisely she can portray a character but still carrying the LDR essence.

@NNESĀ I love theĀ  Happy Birthday Mr. President Interlude the most of this video

hausofcy
Just now, FfFfFfFF said:

Time for the top 2 - finally

What are you final guesses?Ā :gum:

i'm fine with both tbhĀ 

šŸ‡ÆšŸ‡µ

hausofcy
2 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Is Ride even that good? Definitely not top 2 material in this humble opinion:oprah:

the monolgue alone outsells main pop girls' careersĀ 

šŸ‡ÆšŸ‡µ

5 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

@Cernyā€˜s comments are amazingĀ :sara:

Thank you,Ā Iā€™m enjoyingĀ your comments,Ā too.Ā e4822e47-bcf0-44c2-a22fkcz.gif

FfFfFfFF

#2 |ļ»æ Tropico

giphy+%25283%2529.gifgiphy+%25284%2529.gifgiphy+%25282%2529.gif

AVERAGE: 9,90

HIGHEST SCORE: 11 from @hausofcy

LOWEST SCORE:Ā 7,5 from @Jorget

COMMENTS

@Suspiria One of very few music videos that have actually had an emotional effect on me... sis genuinely had me repenting my sins, wanting to be good.

@Sneaky OliverI have always wondered why Tropico? Is it because itā€™s the line between reality and fantasy? I think the whole concept of the video is the idea that weā€™re all ā€œdeadā€ inside. Weā€™re all holy created headed Earth to follow crooked ways and then eventually rising again to the heavens after redemption. I love the ethereal colors of Body Electricā€™s Garden Of Eden. Also the way she included Ginsbergā€™s and Whitmanā€™s poetry!!! The flying saucers at the end might suggest that heaven is not the same that it used to be, like thereā€™s a futuristic version of it (?). Interesting choice.

@MiichaelĀ So artistic and so well made. There are some scenes I donā€™t like, but on the whole, the video is so gorgeous and really delivers on that ā€œLana aestheticā€ that people have come to know and love about her. The Body Electric scene is one of my favourites, and I especially love some of the monologue she added throughout the video.

@CernyĀ The robbery scene is brilliant. Overall, a tight, gorgeous package. I love all the multiculturalism, and the religious and old Hollywood imagery.

@LazyTurtleThis Bible fanfic is god damn good, especially Eden part.

Archived