- Tropico

:gum:

the holy trilogy :bradley:

where's btd tho? 

đŸ‡ŻđŸ‡”

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m now scared for my personal number one, there’s still time to serve corruption and give it its deserved top-spot, for clear skin.

258e8f8b-72e0-49a7-a16ejq5.gif

Jk, it’s a great top 3 either way.

FfFfFfFF

#3 |ï»ż National Anthem

source.gif

AVERAGE: 9,66

HIGHEST SCORE: 11 from @LazyTurtle

LOWEST SCORE: 8 from @Sneaky and @FfFfFfFF

COMMENTS

@Miichael So well made and the storyline is absolutely amazing. It has that classic Lana vibe of the BTD era, channelling the era of the 60’s and it is so well done.

@Sneaky Oliver Lana is giving us a chance to sneak into the lives of very controversial figures. It's like a juxtaposition of their intimate/private versus public lives. It questions us how little we actually know about those mega-famous personas. This video has another level of cinematography, it could have been a whole film tbh. The monologue at the end showcases her writing abilities and how deeply and wisely she can portray a character but still carrying the LDR essence.

@NNES I love the  Happy Birthday Mr. President Interlude the most of this video

hausofcy
Just now, FfFfFfFF said:

Time for the top 2 - finally

What are you final guesses? :gum:

i'm fine with both tbh 

đŸ‡ŻđŸ‡”

hausofcy
2 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Is Ride even that good? Definitely not top 2 material in this humble opinion:oprah:

the monolgue alone outsells main pop girls' careers 

đŸ‡ŻđŸ‡”

5 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

@Cerny‘s comments are amazing :sara:

Thank you, I’m enjoying your comments, too. e4822e47-bcf0-44c2-a22fkcz.gif

FfFfFfFF

#2 |ï»ż Tropico

giphy+%25283%2529.gifgiphy+%25284%2529.gifgiphy+%25282%2529.gif

AVERAGE: 9,90

HIGHEST SCORE: 11 from @hausofcy

LOWEST SCORE: 7,5 from @Jorget

COMMENTS

@Suspiria One of very few music videos that have actually had an emotional effect on me... sis genuinely had me repenting my sins, wanting to be good.

@Sneaky OliverI have always wondered why Tropico? Is it because it’s the line between reality and fantasy? I think the whole concept of the video is the idea that we’re all “dead” inside. We’re all holy created headed Earth to follow crooked ways and then eventually rising again to the heavens after redemption. I love the ethereal colors of Body Electric’s Garden Of Eden. Also the way she included Ginsberg’s and Whitman’s poetry!!! The flying saucers at the end might suggest that heaven is not the same that it used to be, like there’s a futuristic version of it (?). Interesting choice.

@Miichael So artistic and so well made. There are some scenes I don’t like, but on the whole, the video is so gorgeous and really delivers on that “Lana aesthetic” that people have come to know and love about her. The Body Electric scene is one of my favourites, and I especially love some of the monologue she added throughout the video.

@Cerny The robbery scene is brilliant. Overall, a tight, gorgeous package. I love all the multiculturalism, and the religious and old Hollywood imagery.

@LazyTurtleThis Bible fanfic is god damn good, especially Eden part.

Archived