Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Katy In A Worse Place Than Gaga Was?

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

RochestrMonstr

Did Witness even sell 1m WW? I think although Katy is in a better place as a celebrity than Gaga was during ARTPOP, her music career has less of a chance of rebounding. 

Gaga had to rely on her vocal talent and serve other kinds of music to obtain a repeak. 

Katy is more of a typical pop star, and those kinds of careers tend to have a shelf-life, especially once the singer reaches their late 30’s. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nop. Nothing compares to ARTPOP. Kathy is facing lack of interest from the GP, but Gaga, at the top of her powers, decided to go against the media during the ARTPOP era. Let's be honest, at the time Gaga was huge. A massive name worldwide but the truth is... you can't beat the system. The media dragged her to hell. She lost and Tony saved her. 

Just like Khaleesi, Gaga failed to break the wheel and her salvation was Tony that thought her the power of the "I don't care"

That's why Gaga is so disconnected nowadays. She got away from the headlines and the whole mess the media creates around her life and persona. 

Katy main problem is that she fell from grace with some bad choices. She didn't grew up. Still makin pop music for kids.

Jose P

The thing is, with Katy people are just not paying attention to her. She’s almost irrelevant to the GP at this point. I mean, everyone knows her but no one really finds out when she releases something (although Con Calma Remix was pretty big here in Latin America).

Gaga was just torn to shreds by everyone back in the ARTPOP era. It’s was literal hell for her. 

So no, it’s not even close. Gaga had it way worse.

boyerased

Not yet but she might be Avril'ed. The thing with Katy is that her style and voice defined a period so much that whatever song she releases sounds dated. Her voice doesn't sound contemporary. It'll take more than a cute rehash of her older songs. Also, she's getting older and unlike most of her peers she isn't as respected.

When you get older as an artist you need to be more interesting. More introspective. Taylor is lauded for being the best pop songwriter in her generation. Gaga is the versatile performer par excellence. What is Katy? She used to be the easygoing cool girl next door. But she's getting older and her looks are fading. She forgot to establish artistic integrity in exchange for quick little hits. Her songs will be remembered, but not her. 

WORLDofGAGA

Gaga had it worse in one aspect, being one of the biggest if not the biggest pop star/s in the world and the media had a field day latching onto her and ripping her apart, which she didn’t deserve, maybe it was over saturation, although Gaga had it harder and has come so far to where she is now, oscars Grammys, highly respected, I think the whole hating on Gaga was a phase and she had to show the GP what a talent she was/is, even though we knew this all along, through all of her art and extravagance. I feel for Katy it’s going to be harder hill for her to climb to get herself to where she was, don’t get me wrong I love Katy, 365 is a bop and she has a unique voice but she needs to change something up to get that interest again, wishing her all the best cause I miss the days when the main pop girls were on top 

@W0RLDofGAGA

I thought Never Really Over would bring her all the way back.  She is so well liked that someday she'll have a #1 hit, imo.  People want her to succeed and just need the right song to rally behind.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Yes in terms of rebuilding the same level of hype and fame, even when Gaga was at her worst, she still had moments of glory and her talent outshined all of her haters and hazing. Katy’s buzz always seemed bigger than what she brought to the table in terms of her capabilities as an artist.  

But Gaga went through so much hate from the critics and GP. I’m amazed she’s bounced back. 

RAMROD

Obviously she is. Anyone saying otherwise is lying.

Katy really don't have way to bounce back. She keeps doing these genre of music even after knowing that is not vibing with majority of people anymore. The genre is already tired with most people. And she just can't seem to let that go, or want to.  

She need to grow and change things up. Expand her crowds. Or she'll ended up as nostalgia act.

That's exactly what Gaga done right, her Jazz album with Tony Bennett expands her audience. People learned she is not as bad as they used to think anymore. Plus, just like Taylor Swift, Rihanna, and Yoncé, Gaga seems to be friends with the right crowds that give her many opportunities to show her talent. Even projects outside music. Connections are very important in showbiz, you know. Solely relying on your talent is not enough. From singing tributes for Stevie Wonder and Sting, to starring in AHS, to performing medley at Oscars. There are peoples who involved and vouched for Gaga to do it. Remember that 99 peoples quotes? It is a real thing.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

It sucks because 365, and Never Really Over were actually good quality Pop Songs. Small talk is probably the worst song she has ever released beside Bon Apetit. She needs to take a couple years off, get re-inspired and try again. 

Bradley

I would say Katy won't have a problem sustaining herself financially. She's still gonna rake in millions of dollars easily. She's too big of a star to just disappear. At least she won't for a while.

However, in terms of extending her legacy, she is in a bit of a trouble. She's slowly losing credibility as an artist and she's no longer one of the biggest pop stars on the planet. She used to dominate radio and award shows but right now her commercial performance, whether it's song sales, chart performance or concert box office are less stellar.

Even Gaga's Vegas residency, which hosts only 5200 people per night, can outgross her arena shows. Gaga grosses an average of $1.4 million per night with Vegas (the highest on the Vegas strip) when Katy is doing like $1.2 million with 15,000 people in an arena, sometimes even below the $1 million mark.

Shallow, ARUTW, INLA and the entire A Star Is Born album are slaying left and right whereas Katy doesn't even know if she'll drop an album. I love her and I wish Katy nothing but success but she gotta start strategising.

doppelganger
3 hours ago, Taylucifer said:

But wasn't that from American Idol mostly, none of her music is doing well commercially.

It's not just Katy though. Many other musicians who had a less successful 2019 made more money that Gaga. 

There's no longer huge money in music though considering album sales have plummeted. Having a successful music career is no longer a barometer of commercial success for a pop star. 

Gaga finally has a hit album but still made more from touring and endorsements. When talking about commercial success we need to look at the entire spectrum of an artist's earnings. 

Britney Jean1
2 hours ago, Kimihiro said:

Not yet but she might be Avril'ed. The thing with Katy is that her style and voice defined a period so much that whatever song she releases sounds dated. Her voice doesn't sound contemporary. It'll take more than a cute rehash of her older songs. Also, she's getting older and unlike most of her peers she isn't as respected.

When you get older as an artist you need to be more interesting. More introspective. Taylor is lauded for being the best pop songwriter in her generation. Gaga is the versatile performer par excellence. What is Katy? She used to be the easygoing cool girl next door. But she's getting older and her looks are fading. She forgot to establish artistic integrity in exchange for quick little hits. Her songs will be remembered, but not her. 

This is a lot of nonsense, its not about voice sweetie!!! Xtina have more powerful voice than britney, Right? well. Taylor is now the only big popstar we had, does taylor have a powerful voice? Never. I think both gaga and katy are in the same line in POP MUSIC. PI peaked at #15 and it was the lead single from Joanne, Million reasons  needed million preformances and superbowl and it peaked the same as katy lead single from witness #4. John wayne, it didn't even chart in the 100 wether it was a single or not. to conculde katy and gaga are doing much the same in pop music. I hate when people bring voice and vocals in .

Slim

Archived