Jump to content
Stefani Tee
question

Lady gagas biggest career mistakes or misteps

Featured Posts

KEVIN STEVE
10 minutes ago, DontDoubtDavid said:

To me, her career took a slight downfall when she did Judas. Love the song, but not single material imho. Everything about the Judas era felt controversial just to be controversial, and people weren't buying it.

 

Then her second mistake was the last-minute change to DWUW instead of Venus as the second single of ARTPOP.  Venus is far superior and super experimental, and the sudden change immediately left a sour taste in my mouth (now that I know why it all happened, it makes sense). But that era had potential...

 

Glad she's made a comeback tho.

Venus didn't have any potential. People hated her, she was cooked. DWUW was a great choice because it was great, unique and commercial at the same time, and fans overreact to the "controversy" which was actually very little. Keep in mind that Gaga was the most hated person on the planet back in the day. Nothing could have saved the ARTPOP era, let alone an experimental song like Venus. After Applause, the only songs with a decent potential were DWUW, Dope and Gypsy.

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guillaume Hamon

Artistically:

_Not working with many make up artists and choreographers the way she does with stylists. Her style is always renewed but not her moves and, even if her make up is frequently renewed,she would still win more by trying other make up artists ideas.

 

Humanly:

_Working with R Kelly but she believed he was innocent, she learned her lesson.

 

Commercially ( but I actually love these misteps of her )

_Releasing PI when it wasn't strong enough of a single to go big.

_.Not working with more A list songwriters to get more hits or other big singers/ rappers when all her peers do.

 

  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronk
25 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Over working herself during Born This Way and letting people take advantage of her 

I think this has been a problem.  And she has little control over her career.  I think she once said she doesn't like m&g because the high prices are taking advantage of her fans.  But she doesn't call the shots.  Even artistically I think she is forced into some things that aren't her artistic idea. 

Overworking in general is a big problem for her, imo.  She's not this larger-than-life super hero, she's a human with all the frailties that come with that.  She continued performing with a hip she knew was bad, until it finally broke.  She kept performing with fibro she knew she had, until it hospitalized her.  She performed in the cold and rain in NY because she didn't want to disappoint fans, and she got so sick she had to cancel shows afterward.

Both these problems; people taking advantage of her and her overworking, are due the same thing:  She's super kind and doesn't want to disappoint anyone.

I live in an alternate universe.
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
KatherinePierce

-Not releasing Boys Boys Boys, Summer Boy and Starstruck as singles.

-Not releasing Monster and Dance in the Dark as singles.

-Not making The Fame Monster as studio album.

-Making Judas a single.

-R.Kelly on DWUW

-Not releasing tour DVD for BTW Artrave and JWT

-Releasing PL as a first single.

 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
FentyGa

judas, overworking herself during the btwb, r kelly, and still smoking now

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RenegAde2888
2 hours ago, Lemondeduerl said:

- Not releasing the BTWB tour dvd

- Releasing an improvised video for TEOG isntead of waiting more and make a video that matches the epicness of the song

- Using R. Kelly as a feature instead of Xtina or another female singer or rapper. Not releasing the video was a good choice actually.

- Not releasing Venus as a proper single with a proper video.

- Same for Manicure, Sexxx Dreams or Gypsy

- Giving up too soon on ARTPOP

- Not releasing the Artrave dvd

- Giving up too soon on PI

- MR could be more elaborated (This is more a personal opinion cause the song had success)

- Again the Joanne Tour dvd...

 

I wouldn't say Enigma a mistake or mistep but I just don't like too much the artistic choices but well, that's my personal opinion.

Enigma is successful so....

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RenegAde2888
52 minutes ago, Miel said:

Not a lot of things in her career bother me too much, honestly. But! The one things that always gets me are the nominations her and her team sent in for the 2012 Grammy Awards.

Not submitting a nomination for BTW (other than video) or TEOG in anything was such a bad idea. I don't know if they had a strategy, but I personally still seethe about it.

It might have at least gotten her more nominations, and maybe a win outside of the general field.

Petty betty

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArtGagaPop

Releasing Judas as a single.

Not giving TEOG a proper video. 

Working with R. Kelly on dwuw.

Not pushing ASIB soundtrack more (should had 3-4 singles, not 1,5) 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RenegAde2888
34 minutes ago, DontDoubtDavid said:

To me, her career took a slight downfall when she did Judas. Love the song, but not single material imho. Everything about the Judas era felt controversial just to be controversial, and people weren't buying it.

 

Then her second mistake was the last-minute change to DWUW instead of Venus as the second single of ARTPOP.  Venus is far superior and super experimental, and the sudden change immediately left a sour taste in my mouth (now that I know why it all happened, it makes sense). But that era had potential...

 

Glad she's made a comeback tho.

I disagree tho DWUW Is a superior song to Venus 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RenegAde2888
14 minutes ago, KatherinePierce said:

-Not releasing Boys Boys Boys, Summer Boy and Starstruck as singles.

-Not releasing Monster and Dance in the Dark as singles.

-Not making The Fame Monster as studio album.

-Making Judas a single.

-R.Kelly on DWUW

-Not releasing tour DVD for BTW Artrave and JWT

-Releasing PL as a first single.

 

Seeing alot of judas hate lol

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RenegAde2888
24 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Venus didn't have any potential. People hated her, she was cooked. DWUW was a great choice because it was great, unique and commercial at the same time, and fans overreact to the "controversy" which was actually very little. Keep in mind that Gaga was the most hated person on the planet back in the day. Nothing could have saved the ARTPOP era, let alone an experimental song like Venus. After Applause, the only songs with a decent potential were DWUW, Dope and Gypsy.

I second this

  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RenegAde2888
15 minutes ago, KatherinePierce said:

-Not releasing Boys Boys Boys, Summer Boy and Starstruck as singles.

-Not releasing Monster and Dance in the Dark as singles.

-Not making The Fame Monster as studio album.

-Making Judas a single.

-R.Kelly on DWUW

-Not releasing tour DVD for BTW Artrave and JWT

-Releasing PL as a first single.

 

So the fame would have had 7 singles 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ajames

BTW single release was a total and complete disaster unfortunately, I remember at the time feeling very disheartened by how sloppy it was. Only when ARTPOP was even more disastrous did I forget all about how messy BTW was.

 

Frankly, business decisions need to be left to the professionals. She was the biggest star on the planet at the time. She could have had someone plan out the BTW era properly, someone who had done it successfully before, not just wing it and release her best music on ridiculous things like Farmville.

Edited by ajames

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RenegAde2888
7 minutes ago, ArtGagaPop said:

Releasing Judas as a single.

Not giving TEOG a proper video. 

Working with R. Kelly on dwuw.

Not pushing ASIB soundtrack more (should had 3-4 singles, not 1,5) 

I love edge of glory video ...It's a proper video 

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArtGagaPop
1 minute ago, RenegAde2888 said:

I love edge of glory video ...It's a proper video 

I mean i like it, but it adds nothing to the song. Gaga was the queen of music videos back then and it was a big dissapointment to what we were excepting. If they had sticked to the story and high budget that was planed it could have gone viral and really helped the song gain more success like the video for BR did.

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...