đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady gagas biggest career mistakes or misteps

RenegAde

Featured Posts

AJRocketMan
9 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Venus didn't have any potential. People hated her, she was cooked. DWUW was a great choice because it was great, unique and commercial at the same time, and fans overreact to the "controversy" which was actually very little. Keep in mind that Gaga was the most hated person on the planet back in the day. Nothing could have saved the ARTPOP era, let alone an experimental song like Venus. After Applause, the only songs with a decent potential were DWUW, Dope and Gypsy.

Okay, that is a huge exaggeration. I was there. I distinctly remember that title belonging to Kanye West, not Lady Gaga. And there were other women who were more disliked than Gaga was, such as Amanda Bynes, Lindsey Lohan, Miley Cyrus, and Lorde (exclusively in the black community). Also an athlete named Ryan Lochte was looked down upon that year as well. Was Gaga disliked? Yeah, she was, but she most certainly wasn’t “the most hated person on the planet”. The entire ARTPOP ordeal was unfortunate and unjustified, but it wasn’t horrible.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Inferno
4 hours ago, LVbuttondown said:

Wow to have that opinion after her hard work to give some of the best performances ever and officially put her into a realm most musicians can’t touch. She isn’t just a musician. She is an artist and an extremely talented singer who understands the benefits of expanding herself and audience. The Sound of Music, the Super Bowl, AHS Hotel, FF2, ASIB and it’s Soundtrack which deserves AOTY, the MET Gala, and several others I’m sure I’m missing prove if anything she is FAR from lazy. 

I personally think her priorities have shifted in the sense that music is no longer her sole priority. She doesn't put the same type of energy into her look and sound the way she did for her first 2.5 albums. From ARTPOP onwards it's just been a Hodge podge of unpredictability. 

G U C C I
19 minutes ago, Inferno said:

I personally think her priorities have shifted in the sense that music is no longer her sole priority. She doesn't put the same type of energy into her look and sound the way she did for her first 2.5 albums. From ARTPOP onwards it's just been a Hodge podge of unpredictability. 

“When people feel like they know me I like to remind them they don’t.” - L Gaga

shes an enigma baby :staymad:

Inferno
8 minutes ago, LVbuttondown said:

“When people feel like they know me I like to remind them they don’t.” - L Gaga

shes an enigma baby :staymad:

Yeah but unpredictability isn't always dope.. Gaga is insanely inconsistent. Complete hit or miss from every aspect

seashellplay

y'all listen to the monologue in Marry The Night in the beginning but slowed down to 0.5 she sounds like how she spoke in ARTPOP!! XD 

RenegAde
2 hours ago, PETTY said:

I think the single choices for BTW were the biggest misstep. Sales wise, it did amazing and she was still on top of her game, there’s no denying that but I think the single choices held her from her fullest potential at the time. There were so many songs that deserved video treatments and airplay over what was chosen and as a fan from the beginning, that will always be one of the most frustrating times. Honestly MTN should have been the lead single and that’s all I’m going to say on

1 hour ago, PartySick said:

I don't think it was a single misstep, more like she was ignoring the pain and not taking proper care of herself.

I mean...if she didn't break her hip then we wouldn't have great songs like Applause and Dope but I'd gladly sacrifice them if it meant she would have said "hey, y'all, I think I need to rest a bit :poot:" instead of continuing to push so hard.

ARTPOP would have been entirely different :oprah:

OT: I think the indecision in the ARTPOP era was a huge mistake. The music was great, the concepy was epic, but the execution was just...bad...

Idk how the industry works so I won't blame her or anyone in particular but she should have stuck with Aura for the lead (ecause that's what she wanted), Venus for the second, Dope as a promo, then the album, Do What U Want (without R. Kelly but with a video) as the third, then either G.U.Y. or...idk, Sexxx Dreams or Gypsy to top off the era during/near the end of the artRAVE.

It had so much potential :giveup: but C2C, AHS, 2015, Joanne, SBHTS, and ASIB deff made up for it :diane:

I respect your opinion but your single choices seems like a train wreck no one likes Venus, dope on the other hand is really shouty wouldn't do well as a single 

Applause, do what you want ,Gypsy seem like a perfect rollout 

KillerMonster

Nothing. Everything she has done has lead her to today. Those “mistakes” were lessons. 

Don’t play with me, it just hurts me.

collabing with R.Kelly will forever be one of the only things I cannot defend Gaga for doing. Major misstep and mistake.

1 minute ago, dit said:

collabing with R.Kelly will forever be one of the only things I cannot defend Gaga for doing. Major misstep and mistake.

Yes!

15 minutes ago, KillerMonster said:

Nothing. Everything she has done has lead her to today. Those “mistakes” were lessons. 

Mistakes are definitely lessons in life! I truly believe she has learned from all of hers! She is a very smart girl!

Archived