Ok they needed

- a better host like Tiffany Haddish or even Cardi B

- Nas should have done old town road 

- Rosalía should have done Con Altura

- Miley should have done Mother’s Daughter

- Shawn should have taken his shirt off 

- Ariana deserved video of the year

- Lizzo deserved best new artist

- They could have cut a few performances the **** was too boring to be that long

- Lady Gaga

- Katy Perry

- Britney Spears

- Rihanna

- Beyonce

- Nicki

- MTV hire me 

fixed it for you

65AlGyd.thumb.jpg.eed28b72ce4d35c7ced9f3

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alextruper17

So that's it. Good night ladies. 

Just remember. It's another day without LG6.

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

Tom Nook

Even after looking up on Wikipedia I’m still wondering who the hell is Sebastian Maniscalco :poot:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Im disappointed in Normani! Its the performance I was most excited about and I expected more from her. She has zero stage presence! She will end up like Tinashe if she does not work on herself, being a good dancer does not make you a super star or the next Beyonce.

Even her red carpet look looked like a Destinys Child bad fashion day from the 90's! 

Nightwing

I ended up napping through this and going to the gym after I got up.

Doesn't seem like I missed much?

Oh, and yeah... music is in trouble if "Old Town Road" won Song of the Year. Seriously?

Andreu

OK I've just finisehd watching the show so here are my thoughts:

Taylor performance was OK, not extraordinary but not bad either.

Disappointed that Rosalia performed Yo X Ti, but then again it was not a surprise bc it makes sense to sing your new single. Luckily the fact she sang parts of Aute Cuture and A Ningún Hombre (specially this one) made it up, and probably is still the best performance on the show imo.

The Bad Bunny and J Balvin performance was Meh, but that was what I expected. Very colourful, I liked it.

Lizzo's performance was cool, I like how she changed the songs to make it dramatic.

I surprise myself of how much I am enjoying Jonas Brothers' new material. The performance was OK, and both songs were great (even though I had never heard the second one before).

I don't understand why Shawn had to perform twice tbh :poot: I liked the Señorita performance but the first one was

I feel like Shawn indeed is an artist that always does the same on his awards shows performances. Definitely not the only one who does it, but I feel like people never point it out, or at least as much with the other people.

Ava Max was good, but I wish she sang Torn in full, instead of only doing the chorus acapella before singing SBP.

9 hours ago, James Gibson said:

I mean, even though the award is declining for some years how it really hit a weird low last year when nobody appeared. And that repeated this year.

Until 2017 they had some minimum star power. But now its just a mess that creates no buzz.

No wonder they aired VOTY in the middle of the show. It doesnt matter anymore. All they need are clips to be uploaded on youtube the next day. Cause nobody watches the full show now.

What a mess mtv

Agreed i watched the documentary “I Want My MTV” at a film festival, and its really fascinating how they started out as a small group of people who ran a makeshift station, then grew and expanded to something huge. It also kind of explained why early Music Videos were really terrible with some exceptions.

For Now MTV has no a dying soul. It's just surviving on its legacy. It's a total shell of what they once were and what they once stood for. Same with E! and A&E. Both sold out too.

ImMatt

I haven't seen the performances yet but the one thing that surprised me was how I see Shawn Mendes performed TWICE. It's the third year in succession he's performed and every time his performances are just a bit forgettable. Good, but forgettable. Why are MTV accepting meritocracy by keep having him?

It just bugs me how the VMAs should be the pinnacle of pop culture and artists should bring their A-game, but no one seems up to standard anymore. I hate myself for saying this, but BTS should have performed. They at least would have put on a good show and fought hard to make it brilliant, same with Little Mix. I'm not a fan of them either but every year at the BRITs they seem to always put the best performance of the night, so they should really have been given a shot at the VMAs by now. 

nodandsmile
12 hours ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

Y’all complaining about Gaga not winning, how many of yal ACTUALLY voted for this? Cuz u know... it’s fan voted...:triggered:

The last time I voted was in 2011

gpl4.jpg

Borislshere

Just watched the Jersey tribute. Queen Latifah is still the damn Queen. Lizzo, Missy and Queen Latifah showing how it's done. Literally saving that whole show. 100x better than whatever happened last year. 

memomemome

Looking at the performances tbh this is an upgrade in production value than the last year tbh. (other than quite messy nomination)  The artists put some more effort this time. 

MTV maybe finally embracing that post TV era and learn from their decline. 

But still, I quite hate this stan-centered approach tbh. :saladga:

I mean we getting less and less nomination from niche videos. And more and more from Stan artist/biggest hit. 

KingRedd

Britney lips,,, Rihanna lips,,, Gaga has relied on backtrack, Beyoncé has as well. Let’s not act like Normani didn’t just kill her choreography and no it was wasn’t 80% stiff arms like others... Normani Is that bitch i can see her growing into a star. 

May I Read You? 😎

Miley Cyrus had the best performance of the night and vocally blew Taylor "out of the woods".

Shawn Mendes and Camilla was also cute. Missy was also cool.

Taylor's Lover was sweet. Normani sucked.

Archived