šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Political Theme for LG6?

Stephen

Featured Posts

Totally agree with those wanting an album of [mostly] non-political themes. We, as humans, deserve the choice to escape from the bombardment of negative messaging thrown at us through the ever-growing amount of media we are surrounded by. I get it - we have grown up in a capitalist culture that tells us we need to buy and consume - or be consumed - the latest and greatest pieces of technology, but you can't honestly tell me you feel happier in your core when you log off 1 of your 12 social media profiles, more at peace having read 15 versions of the same propaganda pitting us against each other, or more empowered when you pay for billionaires to tell you to how to live your life.Ā 

I mean, if you believe that the world works exactly as we are told it does, then why it is a waste for a musician to not speak a political message, when the people we elect every 2-4 years for the sole purposes of acting in our interests POLITICALLY continue to do absolutely nothing to push humanity forward? Like, let's be outraged when LG fails to address issue X, when we elect mayors, governors, senators, representatives, presidents, etc. so that issue X is handled? Who cares what a musician says? Where is the outrage for the actions and inactions of the people we are taught for years in school, years more on TV/the internet/etc., exist "for the people"? Why are our lives so much more complicated than ever, and yet we are left begging more complexity by allowing the dystopia to filter into the few parts of life we were given as refuge?Ā 

Maybe it's time to remember these people are 'musicians,' and 'artists,' and other professions just like some of us are 'teachers,' and 'marketerers.' Nobody cares about my views on issue X and certainly nobody would consider it a waste if I were to never take a stand on it. Let the musicians make music; maybe we need to start asking if the 'politicians' are engaging in 'politics,' and whether or not we are comfortable with what that means if it means issue X is left unresolved, or worse, left in a toolkit of other issues that these guys can pick and use as a 'get out of jail free' card when under pressure to distract and divide us. ::shrugs::

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived