đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga gains nothing by doing dance pop.

witchcocktor

Featured Posts

crisTEAne
1 minute ago, Edonis said:

Some of this fan base loves to act like she didn't have a career before Joanne... :bradley:

I have to laugh several times at the pretentiousness so many members have because they think they've finally nailed LG's artistry into, yet again, another box. All do to chart successes and awards...like she didn't have them before :bradley:

The most disheartening part of it all is that a lot of the arguments for her abandoning one genre or another is the exact reason why she wanted to debut with dance-pop :bradley:

Snobbish attitudes and ignorant opinions about pop music being brainless and dead...yikes :bradley: 

some many still think along the high/low culture binary. when will they grasp this little thing called the postmodern turn :bradley: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Edonis
Just now, t e a said:

some many still think along the high/low culture binary. when will they grasp this little thing called the postmodern turn :bradley: 

This fan base has really experienced  the rise of the pseudo-intellectuals and GP-pandering...it's pathetic :bradley:

LittleMonster20
4 minutes ago, Edonis said:

And y'all act like the GP can't leave her again like during ARTPOP...:bradley:

A true yikes moment :bradley:

I doubt something like that will happen again though

At least 10x less intense if that happened

xoxo Craig
Just now, Edonis said:

This fan base has really experienced  the rise of the pseudo-intellectuals and GP-pandering...it's pathetic :bradley:

I'm flabbergasted :bradley:

End Racism Now

Babel

I would take dance pop if she had something new to offer but judging by the snippet on the haus labs commercials I’m very doubtful of that. 

Edonis
2 minutes ago, LittleMonster20 said:

I doubt something like that will happen again though

At least 10x less intense if that happened

I agree, but it's still possible :bradley:

The idea that some one should pander to them alone is really the big issue; they're fickle af and shouldn't be the sole reason someone creates music...otherwise you're just chasing hits and selling out :bradley:

SwissMonster

Sad yall Monsters just want her to have good sales

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

witchcocktor
3 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

I'm here for everything she does. I loved Joanne so much. But you are putting her in a box by saying that she should only do one type of music. The fact that Gaga is making house/techno music for LG6 which she hasnt gone all the way with yet, is putting you off. Clearly. 

If you were a true fan, you wouldn't be out here pegging her as one thing or another. If Gaga wants to do dance, she is entitled to do so. If she wanted to make a thrash metal record, she can. Stop saying what she should or shouldn't do incase "she doesnt get the accolades" because thats not what Gaga is about. 

Dance/pop music does get alot of acclaim, awards, streams and everything inbetween.

I freaking love electronic music, what are you talking about? And the amount of times I put in my initial post '' if she wants to do dance pop, that is what she'll do and I will love it '' but regardless you completely ignore that just to get aggressive with me. 

I don't care about being a true fan.

My point that probably gets lost in my brainfart of a post is in the title of the thread. I personally believe that Gaga has nothing to gain doing pop music unless she can completely reinvent the scene AGAIN, which is A LOT to ask from her. And I also mention that I understand that some people just prefer dance pop, and that's fine, but to think she'll resurge as an IT pop star by doing so is not really grounded in realism, for those who do think her path to glory is in pop music.

I personally do not think Gaga's heart has been in dance pop for a long time. But whenever she ventures off to any other genre, she seems to flourish as an artists, and entertainer and as an individual. And I would hate for Gaga to throw it all away just to chase trends, appeal to a new generation of music enthusiast or to reignite her past glory days by going down the same path that often her fans seem to want her to. 

It is of course, my opinion, and my read on Gaga's past few musical endeavors, and where she is finally being recognized as the talented artist she is.

AmericanxDream

Most fans (with good taste) want dance pop or at least generic pop instead of country ballads like Shallow and Million Reasons. Why is it so hard for her to give her fans what they want?

xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, witchcocktor said:

I freaking love electronic music, what are you talking about? And the amount of times I put in my initial post '' if she wants to do dance pop, that is what she'll do and I will love it '' but regardless you completely ignore that just to get aggressive with me. 

I don't care about being a true fan.

My point that probably gets lost in my brainfart of a post is in the title of the thread. I personally believe that Gaga has nothing to gain doing pop music unless she can completely reinvent the scene AGAIN, which is A LOT to ask from her. And I also mention that I understand that some people just prefer dance pop, and that's fine, but to think she'll resurge as an IT pop star by doing so is not really grounded in realism, for those who do think her path to glory is in pop music.

I personally do not think Gaga's heart has been in dance pop for a long time. But whenever she ventures off to any other genre, she seems to flourish as an artists, and entertainer and as an individual. And I would hate for Gaga to throw it all away just to chase trends, appeal to a new generation of music enthusiast or to reignite her past glory days by going down the same path that often her fans seem to want her to. 

It is of course, my opinion, and my read on Gaga's past few musical endeavors, and where she is finally being recognized as the talented artist she is.

Gaga doesn't care about all that anymore. She's made it. She has 9 grammies. She has an Oscar. She has an emmy. She has countless MTV, VMA, AMA awards.  She is a respected actress, legend and icon.  When someone says Lady Gaga is in the building, its a big deal. Lady Gaga stole the show at the Met Gala. She is launching a makeup line which will do well

She has everything to gain from doing whatever music she wants to do, whether that be blues, jazz, dance, country, rap, hip-hop or whatever genre you can think of. Dance/pop won't harm her career and after the Met Gala, its clear that the GP want to see 'CrazyGa' again... and experimental dance/house/techno is perfect for that. 

If it goes number one, thats a bonus. If it get nominated for dozens of awards, its a bonus. Gaga will never write music just to remain relevant on the charts, or to get awards. Just remember that. 

End Racism Now

FfFfFfFF
30 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

You must be new teehee 🤭 

This has been going on ever since Gaga strayed from the popular format she created w The Fame in 2011 when Gaga discovered her Heavy Metal Love. Joanne was way worse lmao pls the forum had a civil war. 

No, I am not teehee. BTW and ARTPOP are esentially dance-pop record with various influences and Joanne was pop/ soft rock but still had plenty dance tracks, we also had I Want Your Love, The Cure, the dance pop tracks from ASIB. To imply that dance-pop is an inferior genre is odd to see on Lady Gaga forum. 

Stephen

I agree somewhat. 

IMO Gaga’s pop music peaked with BTW. When i listen to Scheiße or Heavy Metal Lover it’s hard for me to imagine her making something that can top it. :bradley: That doesn’t mean I don’t want her to try. Working with Boys Noize and SOPHIE gives me hope for a more experimental techno sound that is still dance but maybe more interesting/exciting.

That being said, I also absolutely love the 2 performances in the OP. I would love an album like that from Gaga. But the dance music-loving party animal in me wants at least 1 more album of bops for the club. :bradley: If anything just to close that chapter of her career AND prove that her making great dance music when she started was not a fluke. Something that shows her genius as a pop writer the way I KNOW she is. 

G U C C I

I'm down for any genre she is willing to explore or create a new sound for. I don't  care what she releases I just want to hear her and see her perform it. 

Also if anything Gaga has proven herself to the GP as one of the most versatile artists in the world so why wouldn't her album reflect that? She can have a mixture of ballads, dance-pop, etc. That would be so amazing to me! 

outtahere12428

You probably voted for Trump and think that women should be stay at home moms

Archived