• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• misanthrope

• jhonyguy04

• Emily Thorne

• Mills

I love the film but the background music is veeery boring after the gibberish-German-scenes. :( And the end with her scream isn't well done too, imo.

So I was expecting a Scheiße music video, and didn't get one.

Instead, I got a really well-done short film about... well, I don't know about what yet (just watched it a minute ago), but it was pretty cool. Visually it is amazing, and I actually really love the gun metaphor. [maybe because I just love guns in general]

My main irk is that I think whatever was presented could easily be expanded upon, and probably won't (I could see a series of videos based on this Fame concept of the video, not all meshed into one). But what's done is done and I really like it.

Some of the CGI is a bit ehhh, but a lot of the other practical effects are amazing.

It's not a Scheisse music video. I just knocked over the kettle. Tea everywhere. Put some shoes on so you don't get burned + melt away.

Yes indeed. It was a really unexpected knock in the face, but it was also really well done.

And I just watched the version a fan edited to Sheisse. While I admire the work, and really like the song, putting the two together sucks the timelessness out of the Fame film. It fills in the wide abyss of fear and apprehension with pumping sound, so it might as well be any music video.

Huh, that's true. The video is very unorthodox and very timeless.

3 points in and ready for more

jeremiah saint

Get the **** out of this fanbase.

no i have my own opinions

its people like you who give this fan base a bad name

because of fans like you who defend and love everything she does is why people outside of the fan base thinks that the little monsters are a bunch of mindless robot fans

no i have my own opinions

its people like you who give this fan base a bad name

because of fans like you who defend and love everything she does is why people outside of the fan base thinks that the little monsters are a bunch of mindless robot fans

The thing is, I don't love everything she does. I love a lot of what she does, but that wasn't my point. Calling that performance "lazy" is disgusting, in my opinion. Do you know how much work went into that? How much time and careful planning so that everything went exactly according to plan? And if you sat through the whole thing (or at least most of it), it had exactly the intended effect. I don't know if you're an artist or not, but I plan a five-minute performance months in advance. Hell, I'm still trying to build a dress that bleeds for less than $250 for a Bloody Mary performance I've been planning since May of last year. It's a lot of work and a lot of sweat and a lot of blood and a lot of tears. It's personally insulting to me when you insult Gaga's work because even if I don't really like something she puts out, it has a great amount of merit in my book for the sheer amount of work she puts into everything she does. I defend it as an artist, not as a fan. I'm not a mindless robot. I'm not saying "LUV THE PERFROMANCE U FUKER." I just want Gaga to be shown the respect she honestly and truly deserves.

CRYSTAL CASTLES // AMNESTY (I)

giskardsb

And I just watched the version a fan edited to Sheisse. While I admire the work, and really like the song, putting the two together sucks the timelessness out of the Fame film. It fills in the wide abyss of fear and apprehension with pumping sound, so it might as well be any music video.

Exactly my thought. That edit DOES turn the whole thing into a sequence of random images, whereas the original film tells a story. The Film is perfect the way it is.

HeavyPunkLover

I bet Interscope stopped her from doing it music video style. They've ruined the era completely for her and us. At least its good for the perfume.

:tea:

"Just because you know my name, doesn't mean you know my game"

i dont get why people are dissapointed. It was an awesome video. Sure i was a bit like aww.. no sheisse music.. but still haha im just glad to see gaga slay again :3

Woolfsmck

i dont get why people are dissapointed. It was an awesome video. Sure i was a bit like aww.. no sheisse music.. but still haha im just glad to see gaga slay again :3

The imagery was the main content... The music wasn't ... or just a small segment. Plus , this video is billed as the intro for her perfume launch, not a music video about a song.
like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

Galactic Mess

wow could you guys be more ungrateful??? this **** was expensive and regardless or whether or not it was a full fledged music video like we wanted, its for a ****in PERFUME!! if this is how far she goes for something as menial as a perfume, then i say we've got a lot of cool **** coming our way in regards to music/art etc.

I pray for you to be right! If this single perfume video slayed every single music video released in 2011 and 2012 so far, could you imagine the awesomeness of the video for ARTPOP's lead single? :excited2:

SO EPIC! :excited2:

Sure, I expected to hear Scheiße a little more than about twenty seconds, but I don't really care. It was great without it anyway.

The imagery was the main content... The music wasn't ... or just a small segment. Plus , this video is billed as the intro for her perfume launch, not a music video about a song.

yeah i know what you mean, im not saying im mad cause its not a music video for it. i always knew it was for the perfume. Im just saying that the song mixed with it wouldve sounded nice. The trailers+ the song was amazing you cant deny that.