💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

Most daring Gaga musical moment?

Didymus

Featured Posts

Didymus

What do you think is Gaga's most daring musical moment thus far? :oprah:

For me it has to be the second pre-chorus, chorus, bridge and outro of Highway Unicorn :bradley:

Those loud ass hair metal drums, the unapologetically distorted guitars, the rough vocals in the bridge, that oddly cold and distant outro with the super weird keyboard organ instrument choice,... To release this on a pop album is so ****ing BALLSY, she doesn't get enough credit for BTW and how spectacular it was, even if some of the songs didn't reach their full potential :pray: That album was a balls to the wall, no compromise punch in the face and it'll probably never be surpassed in that sense :nooo:

I have to get an honorable mention out there to Americano too though :giveup: I still can't believe she somehow pulled off a perfect marriage between hardcore electronic beats and orchestral mariachi touches. Like who the **** thinks of that :air: Again, a song that doesn't get enough credit I think. Name me one other pop star who ever did a song like that :diane:

What are yours? :flutter: Let's share and honor Gaga's out and proud creativity :rockstar:

Doncho

The bridge of The Queen :giveup: An underrated bop. And yes I agree Highway Unicorn is a magical song

SharkmanthaC

"musical moment" makes me think of something she has done, not just from a song.

I think her VMAs performance of Paparazzi was daring.  She was pretty new in her career, but got on stage singing with blood running down her. She  made a statement and it was made well. 

she/her/hers

Didymus
3 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

"musical moment" makes me think of something she has done, not just from a song.

I think her VMAs performance of Paparazzi was daring.  She was pretty new in her career, but got on stage singing with blood running down her. She  made a statement and it was made well. 

Well tbh that orchestral remix was a musical moment if there ever was one omg that arrangement was sick :bradley: It powered the song with so much dramatic energy that was so right for that particular performance. It was amazing to see how much she worked on creating that piece.

Smother Em Eh

I agree about those songs you listed completely. 

The Queen, Bad Kids, Electric Chapel are pretty daring too. BTW is such a distinct and unique pop album. The way she merged many genres into one is amazing and one of a kind. 

I think Perfect Illusion was pretty daring too. The changes in the keys and stuff made it such a risky sound to take on. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

xoxo Craig

Theres too many :tony:

Superbowl HTS 

The National Anthem where she took a risk and actually did it live and made it her own song

The Sound of Music tribute

The VMAs 2009 Paparazzi performance 

The Applause VMA performance 

Shallow performances this year

Doing a whole Jazz + Piano show

The whole of the BTW era

End Racism Now

bloody g

Not you listing some BTW fillers I-

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

giskardsb

Born This Way remains her most musically adventurous album, because her intent was to literally fuse electronic pop and the rock and metal that she also liked to listen to.     It wasn't always successful but when it was it was pretty brilliant.   That album contains in my opinion her highest highs as well as some of her biggest misses, but that type of volatility is expected in such an artistic endevor.

And Americano makes me smile every time I listen to it. :)   

Pianosavant

The most daring? SXSW performance of Swine. I live for it, it’s iconic, but literally no other pop star would ever think about doing something like that. 

Didymus
1 minute ago, Bloody Grammys said:

Not you listing some BTW fillers I-

How can fillers be musically unique and unprecedented? :oprah: Explain yourself.

Mirages
4 minutes ago, DonatellaPop said:

do what u want collab with rkelly

I-:air:

You win the day my friend :ladyhaha:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

FfFfFfFF

As of musical components of songs

I love the bridges from Hey Girl and Money Honey. Plus, the  I wanna love you, but something's pulling me away from me part from Judas is a complete heartwreck. Of course, the choruses from Paparazzi and Bad Romance, I also love the funky feel and catchiness from Summerboy and Panty Party choruses. I love the instrumentals from Dance In The Dark and Mary Jane Holland (the synths and beats are blustering, explosive and non-stopping, listening to these songs is eargasm after eargasm).

I love the little prolonged vibrato thing that she had going on feels good to be lonely at the end of the final chorus, I believe of Dancin In Circles which I just realized nobody ever acknowledged. :triggered:

Edit: Just realized daring means something different than I assumed but I put a lot of energy into what I wrote so I'm going to leave the comment anyway 

tenor.gif

RodeckDanny

Going to jazz was daring and cool

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

Archived