Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gagz Shares Instagram Story showing off her make up skills

Boris2

Featured Posts

LGMonster95
26 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

That’s the problem. Her intentions are not clear, so the general public will see this and unfortunately people probably won’t trust her and they’ll go but Fenty makeup instead :oops:

I did read some comments on reddit for example that appreciated the fact that she was going with a more natural look and the fact that she's not trying to sell perfection, if they focuse on what she said about her makeup line they will get it. Anyway the product on itself needs to deliver the most here, her looks are just a matter of taste

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SHALLOW
1 minute ago, LGMonster95 said:

I did read some comments on reddit for example that appreciated the fact that she was going with a more natural look and the fact that she's not trying to sell perfection, if they focuse on what she said about her makeup line they will get it. Anyway the product on itself needs to deliver the most here, her looks are just a matter of taste

From what i’ve seen the products look really valid to me and they’re very versatile. 

LGMonster95
1 minute ago, SHALLOW said:

From what i’ve seen the products look really valid to me and they’re very versatile. 

Yeah, I'm not into makeup or stuff like this but they look cool enough, I'm pretty sure people will be interested to try them and see if its on their taste 

SHALLOW
8 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

Yeah, I'm not into makeup or stuff like this but they look cool enough, I'm pretty sure people will be interested to try them and see if its on their taste 

I honestly wasn’t either. Besides wearing foundation, I wasn’t interested in eyeshadows and lip pencils but now i am :ohwell:

Cerny
5 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

I think 2 are enough. 

Well, hauslabs is trying for different things. Also i think each product is made to be very versatile and to be used in different ways, like you can use the eyeshadow as a highlighter or the lip pencil as a lipstick and that versatility might be why the products are not as bold ad you’d like. Also we’re just at the beginning so they may have wanted to start safe and then they’ll release more daring products who knows. 

Who’s gonna walk around with dark grey and green makeup on their cheekbones, noses, chins and upper lips/cupid’s bow though? :sweat: and you can use any other lip liner as lipstick. Same with any other shimmering eyeshadows, you can used them as highlighters too, and as toppers or whatever. There’s nothing revolutionary about it.

I was pointing out what it looks like a questionable makeup formula, not the lack of boldness. Launching a makeup line that looks quite cheap is very daring actually, the market is super saturated already with very good quality makeup that matches this brand’s price point. The only buzz around this line is created by the fact that Gaga’s name is attached to it.

Zander
52 minutes ago, Cerny said:

I’m pretty sure makeup lovers and enthusiast are going to be more observant and critical of the sheerness of her formula, rather than her wonky makeup application. This and the other green one have very questionable pigment payoff. If there’s anything reviewers are going to criticise about her line, is that. 

Edit:

Regarding the green one:

983832e5-2242-4198-amcj3i.jpeg

That’s some infant makeup kit quality.

I was thinking this to. The formulas are meant to be buildable and not highly pigmented from what’s been said but I feel like a lot of beauty gurus will overlook that. From watching beauty gurus It seems like if a product isn’t pigmented it’s viewed as being not good.

Cerny
12 minutes ago, Zander said:

I was thinking this to. The formulas are meant to be buildable and not highly pigmented from what’s been said but I feel like a lot of beauty gurus will overlook that. From watching beauty gurus It seems like if a product isn’t pigmented it’s viewed as being not good.

This is what I’ve gathered too. They can also pack on the sheer eyeshadow on their eyelids over and over to get a more pigmented base or spray water on your brush before saturating it with eyeshadow, but they don’t like doing that, specifically the former. It’s not practical and it can make the product look weird. And it’s preferred to apply a pigmented shade and then proceed to blend it and sheer it out yourself if a light application is what you want, instead of applying the product several times cause it’s not showing up on your skin.

doppelganger

I think she should have used silver to show off the makeup. This just looks heavy and undefined. 

She has absolutely no makeup skill whatsoever. I'll blame it on her being a lefty lol

LilyLark
1 hour ago, SHALLOW said:

That’s the problem. Her intentions are not clear, so the general public will see this and unfortunately people probably won’t trust her and they’ll go but Fenty makeup instead :oops:

I don't think Gaga's even trying to compete at the same level as Fenty or M.A.C., though.

1 hour ago, Cerny said:

I’m pretty sure makeup lovers and enthusiast are going to be more observant and critical of the sheerness of her formula, rather than her wonky makeup application. This and the other green one have very questionable pigment payoff. If there’s anything reviewers are going to criticise about her line, is that. 

Edit:

Regarding the green one:

983832e5-2242-4198-amcj3i.jpeg

That’s some infant makeup kit quality.

Exactly! At first sight I'm not worried about the wing not being sharp but about it being sheer. And I really don't think that's what she's going for when she's using one shade to create the shape and has regular eyeliner underneath. It looks like she just started applying the color all over her lid and didn't have much product left when she went to fill in the outer edge. It makes it look patchy even though I don't think it really is.

I agree that the make up community is too focused on intense pigment as if that's necessary for every kind of product. I love hauslabs focus on versatility because it's just a more intuitive way of doing make up that makes more sense to me. But they're not selling it well. It needs to be "get creative, there are no rules, you don't need a million products and tutorials to paint your face" but it's more like a 3-in-1 shampoo, conditioner and bodywash. Who even buys that stuff? It's not make up enthusiasts.

dynamite

Also jk it doesn't look that bad, just not good enough to promote your own beauty brand lol

Archived