💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

No Plus Size Models In Haus Labs Ads?

ShayCristoforo

Featured Posts

ShayCristoforo

It's becoming evident that a  lot of people really just don't get the intention of the post, of a forum, or how to be a critical thinker. I'm pretty surprised. Feeling kinda sorry for Gaga that these are her people lol
This potential missed opportunity was my observation. And I think it's a bonafide one. We are a community of "Little Monsters". In that language, the monster aspect kinda demonstrates and unifies us as different. So that's been a major theme of Gaga's, and the theme of this discussion. DIFFERENCES. And where to stand up and push for more, even when it's not traditionally required.
Goodbye :awesome:

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus
Just now, Adakam said:

Why would I care if my comment "dissapoints" you from the forum?

And why dont you use a counterargument to what I said instead of calling it "disgusting" like a 3 year old? Reported

I did though :emma:

If we treated every minority the way you're suggesting society would turn into a nightmare, especially for the people on this forum :madge:

Guest Adarsh
Just now, JusKeepBreathin said:

Do you own a make up line and ONLY HIRe models with 28 inch waists?

Stop with the ridiculous false equivalency.

I being a naturally skinny person, who has been bullied for it my entire life, am offended by your gross statement. 

1 minute ago, Didymus said:

I did though :emma:

If we treated every minority the way you're suggesting society would turn into a nightmare, especially for the people on this forum :madge:

Thats not an argument, and it doesnt even make sense with what I said. Its just some dreamy fantasy about a kewl world.

JusKeepBreathin
Just now, Adarsh said:

I being a naturally skinny person, who has been bullied for it my entire life, am offended by your gross statement. 

Fine be offended.

selena gomez whatever GIF 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Guest Adarsh
Just now, JusKeepBreathin said:

Fine be offended.

selena gomez whatever GIF 

See, that’s the thing about you guys, you need to put someone down to uplift someone else. Why couldn’t you just say that we need more plus sized representation? Why did you have to imply that those models are unhealthy? It’s disrespectful and rude. 

Kapi09
19 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Disgusting :ohwell:

You guys don't even realize what you're saying. If we treated the LGBT+ community that way you can't even imagine the consequences :madge:

GGD being extra disappointing these days. Wtf is wrong with y'all.

Ok... so you think that everyone should put LGBT people in every commercial, movie etc. ?? :triggered:

But what is the reason? If someone want it... I am ok with that... just do it! But please do not force it on others :selena:

World is going into wrong direction... leave people a choice

My name isn't Alice

Kulture Kiari

It's literally makeup. People don't usually wear makeup on their body. 

Now if it were a clothing line, it be different. 

Stop trying to find something bad for everything Gaga does. She is a pop star after all, not someone who has magical powers to save humanity from what's fair or unfair. 

Next thing you know, she will go back to trying to release her pet products line, and there might be 99 people in the room enjoying the pet products, but only one will say "Wow. I feel offended. I've been a Gaga fan since I was 3, and no human was shown in the ad. Only pets. Isn't she all about equality?" 

SHALLOW
40 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Androgynous and non binary is NOT the same thing girl. You might have just list another problem with the ad that no one would have noticed if you weren't trying so damn hard to defend it. :laughga:

I never said they were the same thing. 

lego
3 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

See, that’s the thing about you guys, you need to put someone down to uplift someone else. Why couldn’t you just say that we need more plus sized representation? Why did you have to imply that those models are unhealthy? It’s disrespectful and rude. 

So did you skip posts where it’s said “fat people shouldn’t be shown because it promotes unhealthy lifestyle”, “everyone is born skinny”, “some say it’s a disease”, “showing fat people is not profitable” etc? 

You are naturally skinny, good for you (you also have representation in beauty ads), but many are struggling to achieve that and seeing only one body type in all beauty commercials all the time is not very encouraging. It’s also implied, in this thread, that only skinny is healthy and normal and anything plus is unhealthy and abnormal. That is insulting. Like eating disorders and drugs and pressure don’t exist in model industry. But according to some, as long as they look like that - it’s promoting health.  Plus size people should just stay hidden, they don’t exist, if they dare to say something, they should be shamed. 

FreePalestine

JusKeepBreathin
12 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

You read into it what you want. I said unhealthy "standard." I didn't say the models were unhealthy. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Guest Adarsh
1 minute ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

You read into it what you want. I said unhealthy "standard." I didn't say the models were unhealthy. 

You said that there’s not even one regular sized model in the ad. How can you say that they’re not regular sized? 

Andreu

were was all this pro-plus size energy when it was the moment to stream Meghan Trainor's EP a few months ago

but for real the OP made  a point that I don't agree with, but he's not wrong

Didymus
15 minutes ago, Kapi09 said:

Ok... so you think that everyone should put LGBT people in every commercial, movie etc. ?? :triggered:

But what is the reason? If someone want it... I am ok with that... just do it! But please do not force it on others :selena:

World is going into wrong direction... leave people a choice

No... that's not what I think :shrug: No one's talking about an element of force here. Just that it would be nice if she did include a plus size model since she's promoting diversity :awkney: It's no deeper than that. And like I've said: Gaga would probably agree with me as she cares about diversity unlike some of you guys, apparently :air: 

Archived